• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Main 5-MAPB Thread (v2)

Around 18 months ago I used 5-MAPB three times (80 mg each time) and finished up an emotional mess. It took at least 2 weeks to recover...The first few days were extremely distressing. Never again. Be careful, this one can bite hard.

So strange how this chemicals effects seem to vary so much from person to person. I have done it twice at 100 mgs each time, months in between doses with zero problems. I also like insufflating it though which many people seem to advise against. It's rough but if you just do small bits at a time it is smooth sailing, ime at least.

Also, I'd like to ask about Etizolam effects, if the trip is too much for me, can I take 0.5mg or 1mg of Etizolam to minimize psychedelic effects?

I wouldn't worry about the psychedelic effects. You can certainly take etiz but it will dull the overall effects. On the spectrum of psychs that I have done, 5mapb is very mellow. You just get very lovey dovey and some couch lock from it. No deep introspection, no anxiety, no visuals.

I have taken etiz to sleep at hour 6 or so with no problems at all.

I just experimented again taking my standard 100 mg dose. 25 mgs eaten, the other seventy five mgs up the nose. The first line is the worst it becomes much more tolerable after you a do a few.

Anyway I have never tried 5-mapb when taken just by swallowing. Is the experience more profound in any way? I know when I snort my
MXE it does not do nearly what it would had I just ate it. The magic isn't there as much and it feels dirty. Curious any experience using 5mapb via oral or insufflation? If so what are some of the differences you noticed in overall experience? Thanks!

Last edited:
Around 18 months ago I used 5-MAPB three times (80 mg each time) and finished up an emotional mess. It took at least 2 weeks to recover...The first few days were extremely distressing. Never again. Be careful, this one can bite hard.

i was an emotional mess the whole week afterwards and a few days-it ws bad, crying in front of family (which I never do) how lng were your breaks in between the three doses?

So strange how this chemicals effects seem to vary so much from person to person. I have done it twice at 100 mgs each time, months in between doses with zero problems. I also like insufflating it though which many people seem to advise against. It's rough but if you just do small bits at a time it is smooth sailing, ime at least.

it is strange how people react differently to this. Could have been since its been thirteen years since I did empathogeon, after abusing about thirty nights of rolling in six months(I know moderate abuse-didnt know about harm reduction then) so could have been and my brain wasnt used to it-idk -and maybe could have started at like half the dose. Furthermore, I know even with three-six months breaks , once you do these empathogens, the brain chemistry isnt quite the same.

I just experimented again taking my standard 100 mg dose. 25 mgs eaten, the other seventy five mgs up the nose. The first line is the worst it becomes much more tolerable after you a do a few.

Anyway I have never tried 5-mapb when taken just by swallowing. Is the experience more profound in any way? I know when I snort my
MXE it does not do nearly what it would had I just ate it. The magic isn't there as much and it feels dirty. Curious any experience using 5mapb via oral or insufflation? If so what are some of the differences you noticed in overall experience? Thanks!

good to hear first time was the worse for you-well not really I dont want it to be bad for anyone, but glad it gotten better. did you experience the week long serotonin syndrome or whatever you want to call it ?

To be honest no not at all. I have yet to experience any truly negative effects using this substance. Makes me wonder whether or not some of the posters here aren't getting something else besides 5-mapb. I really trust my source. He used to provide the pure white, fluffy powder but has since begun pressing them into 25 mg tablets for the sake of harm reduction.

If there were any complaints I would say the jaw tension can be pretty intense, and I cannot for the life of me pee after going above 50 mgs. I have experienced that on MDMA/MDA as well, but never to the extent of 5-mapb.

All in all I really do love this stuff. So euphoric and chill. Hopefully I won't be eating these words down the road.

Last edited:
it for sure has the empathy, ego softening, maybe even moreso than mdma, from what ive noticed. It seems to lack some of the speedy rush effects, which is fine for me bc I dont like to rush-unless I have a specific reason to or to spice things up, then ill just take a stimulate. In addition, it may possibly lack some of the magic-i said possibily, not definately. Having said all of the that my experience on it was awesome, in fact to me it felt much better than mdma in some respects so I did have an absolutely amazing experience on it, and it wasnt untill day two three afterwards when I got horrid-nasty sides the next five days- and yes I did test mine and mine tested good.

ive seen a few new reports recently, everyone doing okay the week after ?

Last edited:
I am really not sure. I have always thought 5-mapb to be a rather safe chemical. You are not the only one who has reported experiencing this though. Was that your only experience with it? Have you used it since having this negative side effect?

Okay, i was up for several days on a-php. Thought for obvious reason that bag of 5-mapb had been tampered with by who knows who....... So i get a chunk out of bag atleast 800mg and put it in glass of water and let it dissolve a lil and then said fuck it down it went.

Within minutes (5 min atleast) i was having very small shaking throughout entire body. Tremors im guessing. I dont exactly know when but within a hour or so i all of sudden start to unconrtollably choke or dry heave kind of like throwing up but i did not throw up much if anything at all. It was as if i was uncontrollably having gag reflex and choking on nothing but convulsions i guess were what these were??? What was this reaction please?

Anyways, they stopped right in time when i started to say to myself this shit better stop or i wont be able to breath or catch my breath and calm down. So those things stopped. what ever they were. And then roommate came to see WTF was happening cause the violent reaction i had , she heard in her room and just the sound seemed to scare the shit outta her. She didnt know i was under the influence to my knowledge. She was aasking questions are you okay, whats happening that sort of stuff. I was weak at this time sitting on my bed hearing her but responding to her was feeling half ass. like i could do it but had to make a hard effort to respond back. I told her everything is fine i dont know whats goin on, i just got sick all of sudden. All though i think i just spit up very minute quanities of something . Hardly noticable. if at all.

I should mentoin i dropped 300ug of 1p-lsd at the same time as 800mg rock of 5-mabp. But wasnt feeling that just yet. So i slowly got my shit togather over the next hour or so and the rest of day was smooth. I did take 3mg diclazepam and then 3 more and then 3 more 2-3hours after this occured but not right away. All that diclaz dampaned the 1p but still the 1P was moderately intense and the 5-mapb seem to just hover around for a several hours with nothing negative other then that reaction.

Please, all i want to know is what was this violent reaction was and that Please people out there dont be stupid or over indulge with the wrong chems or anything. Ive been researching and experimenting with the RC scene since 2006 and this is the second time i have OD on something but not this bad at all. This felt like i was goin to stop breathing or choke and pass away if it hadnt stopped but thankfully the violent choking, sort of reaction did stop. But i just want some insight as to what exactly happened and that 800mg of this survived on. Barely. And here another stupid thing i did. 6-8hours after this happened . i took the remainder 200-300mg little rock of 5-mapb which was a delightful but some what missing something type of experience. It took about 1-2 hrs for the 1P to start taking effect but that was the lasting and the rest of day effects i was experiencing. The rest of day was beautiful id say thanks to the 1P, diclaz and 5-mapb which seem to be best batch ive tried of it. This batch of 5-mapb seem to fit profile of it more than anyother batch and came from reputable vendor that has yet to let me down. or others for the most part.

Last edited:
You're saying you drank 700 mgs of 5-mapb? What happened tell me more.

It was atleast 700mg. More around 800-900mg. to be more accurate.

Did the difficulty breathing and seizing stop eventually? Did you get any positive feelings or crazy vision distortions. I have not gone over a 100 mgs and the results are remarkable. I can not even imagine doing 800. Seems lethal. 5-mapb is incredibly potent stuff.

yes i didnt get any neg physical symptoms of anything like that. no distortions. It just stopped and i was delirious for around 1/2 hr probably and then okay for the most part. It was as if In a instance EXTREMELY violent reaction occurred and then stopped right in time i thought to myself and then i sat on my bed and slowly returned to normal state of mind. Actually positive state of mind now that i think back, but remember diclaz and 1P was effecting aswell. That 1P carried the rest of the day thru. It was smooth on body even though i almost choked or siezed to death.

I obviously had tolerance issues going on aswell. Been binging on a-php and 5-mapb for several days prior. insufflated 5-mapb.

I took too much from paranoia side effects of a-php that some one was messing with my bag of 5-mapb and believed just that (delusions)
So i said fuck it lets see it this is the real shit or not.. Very stupid.

Ah I see I am sorry about that. I just did 100 mgs tonight two nights in a row. I know, not the brightest. I haven't had any issues with 5-mapb hangover but two days in a row was a bad call on my part. It was hard to resist after how amazing last night was. Tonight has been the same. Stunning.

Inzo, how did you feel after the next few weeks? Did you experience serotonin syndrome? Forgive me if this just happened I am just very interested to hear how you feel over the next few days.

Last edited:
I am really not sure. I have always thought 5-mapb to be a rather safe chemical. You are not the only one who has reported experiencing this though. Was that your only experience with it? Have you used it since having this negative side effect?

yes only experience, like I said I did mdma about 30 nights and last time I did that was 2002. nope, havent used it since, in fact, I flushed three grams down the toilet , it was brown tan stuff with some crystals

and to the above posts please be responsible, we dont want someone oding becayse they used too much of this stuff. Highest ive seen is a guy used a gram and survived but serious effed himself up, its a trip rport ive read-and i almost died off of 110 mgs,(or so i thought i was close).... so go figure, call me the responsible one that ended up having quite bad abusive side effects

once every three months or longer, on this stuff, as a rule of thumb and first time best to start out 45-60 mgs to get a feel for it

Last edited:
I didnt noticed anything neg weeks following except cravings for 5-mapb and a-php. I pretty sure the magic is far lost and gone for a long long while but i still get empathy and positive emotions from it as if i can feel anything negative while on it and when i do it im byself and i get always the feeling that this drug is meant to be done with another person whether male or female.

Im mean im on the shit now and this happened 2-3 weeks ago. I can usually insufflate up to 1/2 a gram within a day or two and interchanging it with a-php. But 5-mapb reigns supreme and a gem in my book and a-php for the birds.

For me 5-mapb is like a sedating, pretty extreme empathy and 100 percent positive and no anxiety. All the walls come down for anything and everything. Thinking about past trauma or neg experiences brings on a new, fresh sensation or feeling that is unique and refreshing on how look at it in a different way. Comforting sort of feeling . Also get psychedelic pattering with no movement at higher doses. Not really stimulating distortions but more of like uniformed pattering of geometric nature i guess or more like just still aztec mayan like shapes. not much in the way of upbeat euphoria. more sedating deep mellow feeling.