Really dark and heavy electronic music?

This song sounds heavy and evil, but it's still not the type of electronic music I'm looking for, you could say the beats should be as heavy and dark, but a bit more subtle, still hard hitting, but more of a round and not sharp type of hard hitting beat.

EDIT: An even better example of what I'm looking for, between 0:10 and 2:42 is pretty close to what I'm looking for, and I honestly don't think it is possible for me to find an even better example, so I cross my fingers you guys know what I'm looking for.

these both are fuckin rad! Awesome drum programming.

I guess I'll mostly be sticking to Metal and Rock during my "higher continuousness" moments, at least until I'm able to find what I'm looking for, but thank you all for trying.

And the stuff I posted is not really dubstep, sure it's a mix of dubstep and DnB, but to me it sounds like it's leaning more towards DnB.
You could say that what I'm looking for is as heavy, dark and aggressive as the music I've posted, but without the "wob wob" part.

Are you sure that you don't just have the wrong idea about what dubstep is?

Last edited:
Also, you should check out Pete Namlook (RIP, he died a few years ago). He has made some of the most dark, hypnotic and mystic ambient I've ever heard. And has lots of albums. Especially check out his Music for Urban Meditation albums.

Many of his albums are on Youtube, complete albums, but unfortunately not my favourite album, XX - Music for Urban Meditation.

Here are a few albums, I really recommend listening from the beginning to the end. This is really deep and meditative, dark and mystic music.

I just remembered this track from Norwergian producers Ugress

BTW the whole Electronic Music section here seems to be dead, am I the only one posting here? :(

Faust was an early electronic music band based out of Germany in 1971. This is actually a recording of a live performance using all analog synthesizers.

Leave it to the German post modern thinkers to come with something so dark and haunting so long ago ...

virgil enzinger is pretty cool. have you ever listened to forest psy? check out some guys like ajja, arjuna, farebi jalebi, flipknot, petran. all awesome awesome darkpsy artists. for some good dark techno check out daegon he's a pretty neat cat.

Frenchcore?
Was on my mind too xD even when I don't really associate frenchcore with darkness.. there are other variants like uptempo, rawstyle etc but I don't know too much of these..
I agree that searching for specifical music can be very frustrating, specially electronic but many genres besides that boring, depressive mainstream stuff

absolutely <3 this one

This is one of the most catchy/trancy ones but again probably not what you're looking for?

Listening to this kind of music on dissociatives/dopaminergics is pure euphoria for sure, and as a bonus it's fast and complex enough to shut off that constant chattering in my mind, even while sober. Metal did this long time ago but began to feel too destructive with time ..

Last edited:
Second state audio, terminal m, Tronic, drumcode, elevate. Good labels.

like this?
The second (infected shrooms - heavyweight) I knew and like, but the first one is too.. mechanic for my taste. Indeed this is what I understand when I hear "dark" electronic music but know too that you can't really guess music genres from their name. Failed already with hardcore.

The second (infected shrooms - heavyweight) I knew and like, but the first one is too.. mechanic for my taste. Indeed this is what I understand when I hear "dark" electronic music but know too that you can't really guess music genres from their name. Failed already with hardcore.

you might like this album, some pretty rare tracks on here - not all the tracks I would consider dark or heavy but some are

turn up your bass for the last track