• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD thread

swisscurrie

Bluelighter
Hi,

Feel free to post your experiences with CBD (cannabidiol).

As it makes up as much as 40% of the cannabis plant's extract and has a host of medical benefits, I thought it deserves some attention.

From what I studied, CBD is an effective anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antipsychotic and anxiolytic.

It has also been shown in animal studies to be a powerful antioxidant, which plays a role in its neuroprotective and anti-ischemic effects.

I have ordered and used quite a few CBD products. What's great imo is that its legal in most countries in the world (including US).

When I use the CBD vape or oil, I notice the effects after around 15 minutes. The main effect for me is an overall feeling of relaxment. It feels kindof like the body high from some strong Indica nugs but without the psychoactive effect. Although the munchies aren't as strong from CBD, I do get more hungry for sure.

There aren't any obvious psychoactive effects for me,but I do feel less apprehensive and anxious when I take it. Things that I would usually find important bare less meaning. I think content is the best word to describe the feeling I get from CBD

If you have any experiences, feel free to share them.

I appreciate CBD.

It helps my cannabis high even out. It relieves me of anxiety and stress.

Thank you CBD.

Careful, many companies are jumping on the CBD bandwagon and making bunk, overpriced or weak products. CBD is only one cannabinoid out of many and isolating it isolates the therapeutic properties of the plant as a whole.

I'm new to the whole CBD thing. Does it effect cognitive function negatively? I'm paranoid that weed will effect my brain development since I'm only 19, which is why I don't smoke often.

cbd is neuro protective and an anti psychotic i believe. it has anxiolytic properties and is an anti emetic. cdb oils are best derived from high cbd strains such as charlottes web and harlequin. not hemp.

Trying to find the right place to source quality CBD. I am looking into treating anxiety/bi polar with it.

I would like to completely end xanax, and just use mood stabalizers and marijuana/cbd to control a majority of my symptoms.

Since CBD is legal to purchase nationwide... would sources be OK to discuss?

^I believe sourcing anything, legal or not, is still against the rules :(

As another poster above said, be careful with the "CBD oil" that's popping up all over the internet - a lot of its kind of sketchy. Even with the stuff that's not it's much better to get an extract form a high-cbd strain of cannabis than something extracted from hemp. It makes me wonder what the legal status of oil made from something like Charlotte's Web with virtually no THC would be. The prices on most of these legal sources are pretty insane for the actual mg value of CBD you get compared to buying high-CBD flowers (if you can find them, I know it's kind of hard without a medical card).

At any rate the high-cbd movement is something very exciting to me - I think it's a very healing compound and it's cool that it's being recognized and the strains are being bred. With most 'medical' strains these days to get anything close to a therapeutic dose of CBD you'd also have to be taking a zombifying dose of THC. Right now all I can find is a 1:1 strain which I take nightly oral dose of, and it helps a lot with insomnia and anxiety. I think it's also helping with some pain issues and other chronic health problems but it's still a little early to say. When it's legal for me to do so in a month I'm looking forward to growing Frank's Gift, a strain bred locally that was originally tested at 20% CBD and 10% THC. I want to just continually ramp up my dose and work into a Rick Simpson style regimen, and I feel pretty confident it will help with a lot of very persistent health issues I have. It seems like to really get the benefits of CBD it requires doses large enough that buying the hemp-sourced stuff would be impossibly expensive. Everyone should have the right to grow their own, so hopefully we can continue moving towards that :)

Hemp-based CBD products are not as effective as whole plant cannabis.

Some hemp-based CBD products have been found to contain dangerous levels of Lead and other Heavy Metals, as well as pesticides.

CBD on it's own is not as effective without a full cannabinoid profile and associated terpenes (research the "entourage effect").

blizzzzzzammmm, like i said best derived from a high cbd strain. not hemp shit on amazon. they sell cbd at headshops, i question its authenticity and its efficacy. i think were all together on the full plant extract.

I'm really interested in this too, but am not in a medical marijuana state. I've read mixed stuff about CBD extracted from hemp, but the general consensus seems to be there's not enough in it to be effective. Wouldn't mind trying some if enough posters had positive experiences with it.

I think even a small amount of anti-anxiety effects would be beneficial to me.

blizzzzzzammmm, like i said best derived from a high cbd strain. not hemp shit on amazon. they sell cbd at headshops, i question its authenticity and its efficacy. i think were all together on the full plant extract.

I didn't see your post but spot on.

I've seen incredible efficacy from high-CBD cannabis (specifically the ACDC strain, but also Critical Mass and Omrita, which are closer to 1:1 ratio). ACDC is incredible--everything from anti-anxiety effects in adults (PTSD, GAD) to seizure reduction for epileptics to symptom relief for autistic children. All with a generally non-psychoactive medicine, because the THC is so low (but it's still definitely cannabis).

I'm surprised to see you say a 1:1 strain is non-psychoactive. The strain I'm using now is about 1:1 (dancehall) and it still gets me pretty high, though it's a different high. I think ideally I'd like something with a little less THC.

I didn't see your post but spot on.

I've seen incredible efficacy from high-CBD cannabis (specifically the ACDC strain, but also Critical Mass and Omrita, which are closer to 1:1 ratio). ACDC is incredible--everything from anti-anxiety effects in adults (PTSD, GAD) to seizure reduction for epileptics to symptom relief for autistic children. All with a generally non-psychoactive medicine, because the THC is so low (but it's still definitely cannabis).

BUMP: hey all. I have chronic pain. My key pain relievers are Lyrica, Cannabis and now local, retail, legal hemp based CBD vape juice. I know better then to use or revisit memories of my usage of hemp based CBD juice.

I must say, I notice the anti inflammatory and anti anxiety effects.

I still use higher thc herb, but this hemp CBD has some merit to it.

It cuts through the mind fuck that can be attained through say using rec weed for pain relief.

I am able to reach lower pain levels through low levels of CBD. So far like microdosing.

This is all my opinion, but worth mentioning.

I find that taking CBD prior to rolling helps reduce the early panicky feelings and results in a calmer roll.

Hi All - on the topic of CBD...I began taking CBD oil to treat my depression. Now I know everyone says that you do not get the high effects from using CBD. But within the first oral drop, i felt something, almost like a mild euphoria. I thought maybe it could be placebo, but I payed attention the following days. And what I began to feel was a very strange body reaction. I was holding my phone in my hand and lost control of limbs and just let the phone drop to the floor. My knees kept locking in and my feet were cramping when I would walk around. Very overactive reflexes. I felt confused and couldn't figure out what I wanted or even express anything out loud. I've never felt anything like this before. I took CBD to help with my social anxiety, depression and get me out of the house. Instead of feel physically and mentally debilitated being on it.

I'm hoping someone can give me some clarity on this!

I would love to hear if anyone has ever experienced this before!?

Thanks
clear.png

It doesn't seem to agree with your system. Lower the dose or stop it entirely.

I've picked up high quality CBD from my family physicians office (she's a more naturopathic doctor) and I can't say it did much on its own. In my experience most cannabinoids rely on the "entourage" effect. High CBD strains with a moderate amount of THC definitely seem more noticeable to me

would be good to know what you are using cannabis for?

I haven't had pure cbd, but so far I have been pleased with marijuana strains high in CBD... I don't use for medical reasons, but CBD definitely makes the high smoother and easier on the mind in my experience.

Do not use heady harvest oil 175mg if on probation or parole will fail for thc