Big Dead Bodybuilders

Quite a sobering read... One of the reasons I became interested in raw powerlifting. I realized early on I was never going to do what it would take to even be a regional bodybuilder. I admire the work ethic and drive of bodybuilders but certainly not the amount of drugs they use and the health consequences. What gets me even more is recreational lifters who haven't even reached their natural peak jumping on the juice wagon for really no reason other than vanity. There was a time I was somewhat considering getting on a moderate cycle but I decided not to and am glad because I was no where near my natural peak, and more so I just really had no reason to.

Also something I wonder that the article didn't mention is if some of the heart related problems aren't compounded by the fact that the heart is having to pump blood through so much body mass.

^^I'd imagine so. Regardless if the tissue is fat or muscle, being above your body's limit will stress the heart as it has to pump through all those vessels

Off topic, but people assume your natural ceiling is so high.. do they have delusions about bodybuilding pros like lee priest schwarzenegger and cutler who started using steroids around age 15 or earlier..?

Steroid use mixed with hgh and insulin can often double or triple the total amount of muscle one can expect to gain as a natural. Let's say the average skinny non-user of AAS can expect to gain 30 lbs of muscle over his lifting life if he's blessed and persistent. If he's at 20 lbs naturally (two thirds of natural potential is usually gained within 1-2 years of proper lifting), then will he really be tilting at windmills for his natty 10 lbs to come before he jumps on the steroid bandwagon. Even a very mild cycle of test will see him blow away his natural ceiling.

I agree with gh15 natural ceiling for bodybuilders in contest shape: 5'10 at 170 lbs for every inch above or below this height add or deduct 7 lbs..

People are very misinformed about natural bodybuilding possibilities. Look at Manny pacquiao and Floyd mayweather they are about as muscular as you can expect to look as natural in contest shape. That said, staying natural is probably the healthier and wiser choice. It just annoys me when people who are committed to being natural confuse fat with muscle then boast about being "5'10 and 200 lbs at 10-12% body fat." underestimating body fat by 10 points, these people - if they were to ever get really lean would lose several inches on their legs and at least a few from their arms. HASHTAG #delusional natties

This sucks.
I have a question for those who are blasting and cruising here. What are you long term plans?

For me, I'm genuinely concerned. I think I will eventually only cruise (just stay on TRT dose) but I have not decided on whether or not I can just walk away completely. Heck, I'm not even sure if I can get my natural levels turned back on at all even if I tried. My blasts up to this point have all been pretty mild compared to a lot of others but shit happens. I wish I could blast until I'm in my 80s but more than likely, I think I'm looking at a total of 5 to 7 years before I go low dose...

This sucks.
I have a question for those who are blasting and cruising here. What are you long term plans?

For me, I'm genuinely concerned. I think I will eventually only cruise (just stay on TRT dose) but I have not decided on whether or not I can just walk away completely. Heck, I'm not even sure if I can get my natural levels turned back on at all even if I tried. My blasts up to this point have all been pretty mild compared to a lot of others but shit happens. I wish I could blast until I'm in my 80s but more than likely, I think I'm looking at a total of 5 to 7 years before I go low dose...

I honestly don't care too much about what my 'natural' levels may or may not be if I ever stop using completely. I'm at ease with the idea of TRT in the same way as I'm happy knowing I'll probably be supplementing with - say - omega 3 oils for the rest of my life.

I have no idea how long I'll still give enough of a shit about my physique to keep at it, but I actually do come off completely sometimes anyway. Mostly because I get bored of injections and, after a few months on TRT, the drop down to whatever my natural test levels are doesn't seem to have any effect on my physique. I don't ever do a PCT, not since about 2002 anyway.

Thought this would be pretty relevant to the thread. Poor guy resembles a severe stroke victim, he really fucked himself up with steroids and other drugs. I can't help but wonder tho what other drugs fucked him up that bad. Long term GHB use maybe?...

Justin Rys was a notoriously reckless bodybuilder, and I think we should absolutely not blame steroids or HGH lol. He used to take enormous quantities of Clen, for example. He used to log some of his abuse on Professional Muscle before he got locked up for importing recreational drugs into NZ. Anyone who abuses their body like he did can't expect to walk around healthy for very long.