• Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2015 mlb thread v. go red sox!

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
nearly 30 games in and no mlb thread?

saw this on yahoo just now:

yahoofail01.jpg

lol.

red sox offence was looking good at the start of the year and i think they'll perform. the pitching is obviously a huge concern. they're not going to win anything if it carries on like this...

who are your picks this year?

alasdair

no baseball fans? too bad buffalo doesn't have a team - who's your team, gm?

i know it's early but i'm very nervous about boston this year. i just don't think the rotation has the legs for a championship season.

on the west coast, what the hell happened to oakland? and what the hell happened to houston? :)

alasdair

Watched the Rockies beat the cards at coors last night, fun night at the ballpark.

if its any consolation alasdair the Phillies are currently the worst team in baseball. not one of the worst, the worst

good thing im secretly a Cincinnati Red fan

but remember it's a marathon in baseball. I just think the Phillies are going to stumble over and die by August. seriously, they should just forfeit every game

whats up with the metal fences in baseball? you ever see that? usually some Rodriguez or something come flying in on the ball, just trying to make a play, then BAM, metal fence to the face! why dont they just cover the entire outfield with those pads? Is the ballpark designer just that much of a dick? because that sounds like a fucking awesome job? "yeah hi I design America's Pasttime, how's it going?"

Seriously man, if Im in the players union im like wtf. just put up some damn pads amd stop acting like you care about player safety. "oh but we got to keep tradition alive and assorted outdated bullshit". the Chicago cubs play with fucking Ivy on their walls and never won shit since shit was done outside. Now theyre adding a giant megatron (great name whoever came up with that, shout out to that guy) to display how woefully average their team is. yeah they might make the playoffs but who fuckin cares.

im a reds fan at heart, I actually hate the phillies to be honest. and man does Jose Bautista sock some dingers. id same him and Giancarlo Stanton are about 2 and 1 respectively in that regard. Also, Gattis on Houston, he fucking launches some. Astros are good this year. good for them.

fuck the dodgers, giants, pirates, #NATITUDE, and pretty much every team except Cincinnati.

theres my baseball rant for you alasdair its all I got right now. multi quote it or some shit like I know you like to
I like how surprised fans get when a ball lands in the second deck

Last edited:
Maikel Franco has a fucking laser beam for an arm

Hopefully the Phillies trade him to a team that matters because he could start on most rosters

And he can sock dingers like I love this dude

My picks so far

AL: Yankees, KC, Houston win the division. Angels and Tigers get the WC. I really am pulling for the Twins, but think they will collapse by season's end.

NL Washington, Pittsburgh, Dodgers take the divisions. Cards and Cubs get the WC. If the Mets actually go out and get a few bats, which they wont, before trade deadline and sneak into playoffs, they could be scary to face with their staff.

and the Pirates don't!

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!

tumblr_inline_ml83s5OIp01qz4rgp.gif

fuck St Louis. that is all

god boston sucks right now.

alasdair

I should send the Red Sox a thank-you card for taking Allen Craig off our hands last year. Usually we ship our old castoffs to the Angels, but this time Boston really stepped up and overvalued a player in steep decline.

Last edited:
Trading deadline is fucking with my picks. I was shocked when the Mets actually got Cespedes and although I said they could be scary, didnt think they would do jack shit and continue to lose 2-1 every other night. Also, the Blue Jays are going for it. Dont think they will catch my Yankees for the division but they are scary at the plate and with Price have a much more solidified rotation.

#BlueJays

1 in AL East. Date with NYY on Friday. #10straight

Heating up in Toronto. Bandwagon is damn near capacity at the 'Dome.

one guy nobody is really talking about the Blue Jays getting is Ben Revere from the phillies. he gives them someone who can steal a base and score runs for the rest of their rbi-filled lineup

I dont see how the BJs (ha) dont make the playoffs after their trades

whether that means the yankees are the odd man out, well who really cares. I have a feeling the royals are going to come out of the al regardless. or maybe the angels, that would actually make sense after they put all those bats together

anyone who watches baseball knows that the postseason comes down to situational hitting (who is, matt stairs?), and the angels seem to fucking suck at that

in case anyone was wondering who matt stairs is

and the Pirates

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!

tumblr_inline_ml83s5OIp01qz4rgp.gif

fuck St Louis. that is all

we only win when the cubs and cards do.
NL central is like the NFC west. the three best teams in the NL might be STL, PIT, and CHI(they'll probably end with the 3 best records)
but only STL and buccos have a shot to be world champions. but if pirates don't i hope it is the cubs

jung-ho kang rookie of the year?
can aramis Ramirez just lose interest in the game? we're better off with harrison at 3rd, kang at short, walker at 2nd and pedro alverez at first(shawn Rodriguez if there's a DH)