• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2015 mlb thread v. go red sox!

I guess that may be why CC is checking himself into alcohol rehab. I know he is fat and old and had a shit year but the Yankees staff has almost no post season experience. They will probably win tomorrow as Houston is terrible on the road and Kuechel has far worse stats than at home, but no veteran leadership, not just CC means death in the divisional series.

We have a-rod hes a good motivator, i dont know how much action cc was gonna get, they said he was gonna start out of the bullpen and MAY get a start in the next series

I find the entire thing pretty strange to me, the blunt thing was a movie ago, the fight at the toronto club was about a month ago - im sure we will hear more about this

Quest for 28 begins tomorrow!

Well it is over Mike. I knew this team wouldnt go far. I dont particularly like the staff or lineup right now, but will in 2-3 years. Lots of good young bats and arms. Need a bit of seasoning and we may very well have the second coming of the "core four" team that won every year.

Well it is over Mike. I knew this team wouldnt go far. I dont particularly like the staff or lineup right now, but will in 2-3 years. Lots of good young bats and arms. Need a bit of seasoning and we may very well have the second coming of the "core four" team that won every year.

Yeah im excited for the next few years...for the first time probably since the core 4 we are building from within the organization and not using them for trade pieces, the fact we wouldnt trade judge was a big sign or me we are headed in the right direction

And all this spending we do we never spend on the thing we need PITCHING...outside of the back end of our rotation our staff ha been horrible for close to 10 years, it was horrible when we won our last WS we just got lucky and everything pulled it together at the right time.

At the end of the day I dont even think tanaka is a #1 we should started servirino

Yeah, I really was shocked they didnt get Price or Hamels at the trade deadline or bring in a big name before the season. I wanted Samardzjia but he sucked this year. Tanaka is like a 1.5 really. He has the stuff to be a 1 but when he makes a mistake, it is always a HR. He isnt like Kershaw or Arrieta (this year at least) where you know you wont have long losing streaks because they take the mound every 5 days.

There was a fair amount of debate on Tanaka or Severino and ultimately it had to be Tanaka. He wasnt terrible, Kuechel was great. But the future is looking good. One stud pitcher and either a power bat at third or RF is all they need. The young guys progressed well and Bird, Refsnyder, and Gregorious could all be All-Stars for years to come.

Guess I will root for the Mets now because it never made sense why Yankees fans should hate them.

Man ive always liked smardzjia too but youre right he was HORRIBLE after the break
Thats a guy who really loves football...he turned down top 10 NFL draft money back when there was no cap

I dont know about tanakas durability either that worries me, he needs to learn how to finesse pitches...same with CC...if cc can learn that i think he has a few more years left in him

And dont forget the yankees have aaron judge too, we also have jorge mateo also but, but the problem for both is we have too many outfielders as it is and didi is playing awesome as it is

If youre from new york theres pretty much a dividide...yanks giants and rangers one 1 side and jets mets and islanders/devils on the other side

And now im pulling for the cubs...108 years is a LONG time....after that the dodgers, I dont want kershaw and grieke to go out like marino.....after that its pirates/royals

this one-game wildcard thing blows. sucks for the pirates. at least the yankees lost :)

i'm pulling for the cubs now.

alasdair

this one-game wildcard thing blows. sucks for the pirates. at least the yankees lost :)

i'm pulling for the cubs now.

alasdair

I dont like it easier, the 3 best records in baseball are in 1 division and 1 of them is gone because of 1 bad game
This is 2 years in a row then ran into an unstoppable pitcher

And fuck you about the yankees

Yeah 8t should be 3 games. One shutdown pitcher doesnt mean a team is better overall, but thats baseball, Suzyn.

I have no dog in this fight but when my Yankees are not in the postseason I usually pick a team to root for ... In the Wild Card I was pulling for the Pirates because my father is from there and grew up following them. Last year I was pulling for the Royals, what a fun team to watch. I have friends who claim to be "fans of all New York teams" but I dunno if I can root for the Mets or Dodgers. Fuck the Astros and the Jays though. I think I'm rooting for the Cubs because, you know ...
Since the Cubs last won the World Series... said:
Radio was invented; Cub fans got to hear their team lose.
TV was invented; Cub fans got to see their team lose.
Baseball added 14 teams; Cub fans got to see AND hear their team lose to more teams.
George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th,70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
Halley’s Comet passed Earth… twice.
Harry Caray was born… and died. Incredible, but true.
The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
Man landed on the moon, as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
Sixteen US presidents were elected.
There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.
Prohibition was created, and repealed.
The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures… the latter giving Cub fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.
Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team’s future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.
A combination of more than 40 summer & winter Olympics have been held.
Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.
Bell bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in style.
The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Florida Marlins have ALL won the World Series.
The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games; they lost the majority of them.
Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma, and New Mexico were added to the Union.

2015 World Series Futures said:
Toronto Blue Jays +300
Kansas City Royals +550
St. Louis Cardinals +500
Chicago Cubs +550
Los Angeles Dodgers +550
New York Mets +700
Houston Astros +850
Texas Rangers +1200
National League said:
St Louis Cardinals +285
Los Angeles Dodgers +170
New York Mets +450
Chicago Cubs +250
American League said:
Toronto Blue Jays +150
Kansas City Royals +200
Texas Rangers +400
Houston Astros +450
as of 10/8 before the games *btw world series odds and pennant odds are from different sources but we can't discuss sites

Last edited:
Lots of exciting baseball already in and coming up!

As far as the above, agree, although now it's kind of ex post facto, right? The Jays were absolutely raping and pillaging after the trade deadline but the postseason is a different animal, now they're down 0-2 to Texas which as the above posters have been saying didn't get enough respect. I didn't catch the last game but it sounds like it was an exciting one. As for the initial odds up there I would've said Royals should've been ahead of them but behind Cards, I don't see Cubs at the same line tbh.

But of course these are Vegas odds so they're not just about probability but about where the action is and that sort of makes sense. I imagine there will be a lot of action on Toronto because of excitement and on the Cubs because, well, they're the Cubs and haven't been to the postseason since '08 and now they are super fun to watch there's a huge and very sentimentally attached and now pumped up fan base. Keuchel at home will be a formidable challenge for the Royals to say the least. Greinke wil be dangerous for the Mets as well.

KC vs Astros is shaping up to be an interesting series, Mets at Dodgers too. Game 1 of Mets/Dodgers was a great pitcher's duel and now that KC and Houston have evened it up, game 2 was pretty epic come from behind stuff.

All of this is more or less reflected in the latest odds now that we have some actual postseason games in the bag. Some pretty dramatic movements. I don't usually bet futures (on baseball I usually bet on the run line) but some of the ones in my first post could've been a big hit.

World Series

Texas Rangers +300
St Louis Cardinals +400
Kansas City Royals +500
New York Mets +600
Chicago Cubs +700
Los Angeles Dodgers +750
Houston Astros +800
Toronto Blue Jays +1000

National League

St. Louis Cardinals +160
New York Mets +250
Los Angeles Dodgers +300
Chicago Cubs +350

American League

Texas Rangers +110
Kansas City Royals +250
Houston Astros +325
Toronto Blue Jays +550

Last edited:
St Louis infield looking sloppy as hell. Cubs bringing excellent small ball. Two runs on bunts, RBI single.

Edit to add: Holy shit, a two run home run. 5-1 Cubbies top of the 2nd.

St Louis infield looking sloppy as hell. Cubs bringing excellent small ball. Two runs on bunts, RBI single.

Edit to add: Holy shit, a two run home run. 5-1 Cubbies top of the 2nd.

Hell of a game for the cubs that was fun to watch
The jinxed the cubs pitcher bad right before those 2 back to backers went out

I walked outside to the bodega around the corner to pick up a six pack, came back and the Mets are already putting it on Greinke like that? Lots of ball to play left though.

Yep, I have the weekend off, in fact, a three day weekend, so there's nothing for me to do today and tomorrow but drink beer and watch baseball :D ... household chores and stuff like that for Monday.