• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: Your two cents?

oxygirlinct

Bluelighter
Hey guys and gals of BL :), I'm wondering if you can provide feedback on kratom experiences. I've some that I plan to brew into a tea and my main question is; how should I go about making the tea?

I tried Kratom in the past but due to inexperience with it I believe I felt no effect because I was a. not consuming enough (I purchased capsules rather than the powder or extract) b. consuming it in an ineffective way and (probably most significantly) c. I'm extremely opiate tolerant. I realize I may get no euphoric effect but am willing to give it another try, as it seems there are no serious risks involved in consumption of kratom from my research. I've got quite the variety; powder (MDT-Malaysian Sumatra, Red MDT, and Red Vein Sumatra) as well as extract (Ultra Enhanced Indo, Gold Standard Extract, Indo Black Extract). I've heard extract is (of course) much more potent because of the extraction of the alkaloids, wondering which to start with...

I realize people have differing opinions and experiences with Kratom and I realize there are many different types and strains. I'm open to any feedback at all but primarily I'd like to ask you kind people...

What's the best way to make tea (and is this the most effective ROA) and what's the ratio of water to powder and to extract?

I appreciate your feedback very much !!

Take your measured dose of powder or leaves, and steep in hot water , drink it. Yes it's nasty, but why waste time with capsules? To get the most out of it powder your leaves and ingest them with the tea. You have several varieties, plus extract. Even with a large tolerance, you can find your spot. Try using the search engine, this topic is almost over discussed.

With powdered or crushed leaf tea you must add citric acid (lemon juice) to make it effective, you can get effects without it but it isn't as economical.

Put the leaves, water, and lemon juice in a jar; then bring a pot of water to a slow boil, once the slow boil is going put the jar into the pot of boiling water. Every few minutes pick up the hot jar with a oven mit and swish it around some, be sure to leave the lid off and not spill any.

After ~35 minutes take the jar out of the bath and strain with a coffee filter or other filter. This should yield a very potent tasting liquid that resembles strong black tea. I would suggest drinking as quick as you can after letting it cool just a bit. This tea is quite rank especially at first, but I've gotten use to it as I've made hundreds of batches. If you let it cool too much there will be powder that drops out of solution and ends up caked at the bottom, this stuff is pretty nasty and has caused me to gag even when experienced, so drink quick.

I don't know what your tolerance is or the strength of your leaf so I couldn't begin to guess how much you'd need. Try to find out the potency of your leaf or else you risk being under or overwhelmed by the effects. I enjoy kratom a lot but im pretty opiate naive.

I appreciate your feedback, I'll try to search around the forums so as not to be repetitive. I wish I were more familiar with the dosage.

I'm a noob; maybe I'm being an idiot but when I search "Kratom" as a keyword I seem to get a bunch of pretty unrelated posts that may just have the word mentioned in a reply or something like that. I'll have to familiarize myself a bit more.

If anyone else would like to contribute as far as the amount to use for the standard powder as well as the extract I'd appreciate it. It seems like everyone has a different method of making the tea too *sigh*

Thanks guys xo

I've never used Kratom and do not want to. However, a friend of mine did when he ran out of hydro and oxy, since it's legal where he lives he made a tea out of the leaves at the standard dose, said it tasted gross unless you added lemon, and he was pleasantly surprised at how the drug did make him nod and how it is an opiate. Be careful though, it's addictive, and I would not be surprised if my friend wound up addicted to it as it's just trading one drug/addiction for another.

Last edited:
I'm a noob; maybe I'm being an idiot but when I search "Kratom" as a keyword I seem to get a bunch of pretty unrelated posts that may just have the word mentioned in a reply or something like that. I'll have to familiarize myself a bit more.

If anyone else would like to contribute as far as the amount to use for the standard powder as well as the extract I'd appreciate it. It seems like everyone has a different method of making the tea too *sigh*

Thanks guys xo

Here you go.

Kratom varies in potency and your opiate tolerance level. I would suggest taking oen heaping teaspoon. Pour sweet tea in it instead of water, because I think this helps the flavor out and helps you down it quicker. Try and keep it at room temperature. Really cold water/tea/juice/ seems to make the kratom clump up more and it doesn't mix well. The effects should last an hour or 2 and its nothing major. I liken it to taking the greatest anti depressant ever. (which isn't a bad thing at all) P.S. it really does help with withdrawals and pain too

Thanks guys xo

Figured out I was searching just for the posts containing the words, did an advanced search and found the option for just title only. Thanks for putting up with my noob self :p

Thanks, very helpful :) I was experiencing WD's and took an 8 mg sub this a.m. (but haven't taken them in a while so they shouldn't be in my system to a great extent at the moment) -- but in any event I think I'll resist the temptation to try making tea now to avoid going into precipitated WD. I'll stick with my matcha for now :)

xo

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think kratom will send you into precipitated withdrawal if you have suboxone in your system. If you took it in the past 24 hours or so it probably won't do much of anything; suboxone is way more potent than kratom, and much stickier on your receptors. If you are in withdrawal it will probably ease the symptoms, but even just an 8mg tolerance to suboxone will probably keep you from getting any real recreational effects from kratom unfortunately.

Other than that, I agree with most of the other posters as far as consumption goes. Just mix it well with some room temperature/lukewarm water or maybe juice and drink it down quick. It's gross but the whole ordeal will last like 30 seconds so it's not that bad. Warmer liquids seem to help the powder get evenly wet, having a clump of dry kratom explode in your throat is not pleasant to say the least. I have never heard someone say that you must add citric acid to make kratom work efficiently. Even if that does help it's not to a noticeable extent, at least not in my experience.

Have fun, be safe :)

Last edited: