• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

looking for new vaporizer

k3vvv3

Greenlighter
Hey guys I recently got the micro g pen and I have to say I love it. Now that I have a portable one I want to get a decent vaporizer for table top use while I relax and play video games . right now I have about 170 bones to spend and I was hoping someone could reccomend one in that price range that 1, preferably can be uses for wax and bud and two I'd like to find one with a hose attachments

Storz & Bickel Plenty, assuming 'bones' are pounds sterling. Slight problem that it's handheld, so you'll need to learn to play video games one handed, but it'll be worth it. Probably the best vaporizer available for any money & it's right on budget.

It's worth saving up for, or trying to find one second hand, not sure what the US price is, but it's around £170 here in the UK (new). It's like a Volcano, but handheld, cheaper, an even larger chamber & a hose instead of an air pump & balloons. It's handheld, but it'll stand up with the cleaning brush in a screw hole as a stand.

NSFW:

I recommend the Arizer Solo or a desktop one like the one Arizer makes.

If you can't afford that then MFLB

If you can't afford that then a bong/bubbler

I'm getting behind the plenty too it's simply the best portable vaporiser there is though it is pricy. The app is super useful, it heats quick, super smooth tasty Vapor. Also the filling tool is great. If you want to go cheaper an arizer solo is pretty great too.weed goes so much further in my crafty.

There isn't an app for the Plenty & it's not a battery powered portable, you're thinking of the Crafty.

Hey Greenthumb, are you saying this Plenty is as good as the Volcano (but cheaper)? Volcano is the ONLY one that I've got on with (mate has one). You could change my life here.

I think it's better, it is life changing, I've never used any other vaporizer as good as a Plenty. It's easier to use without the bags, easier to transport, quiet & produces lots of thick vapour with very little draw resistance. Similar heater design & slightly larger filling chamber than the Volcano.

RE- Plenty -

$299 for a new one in the states

They are currently $375.00 in Australia. Everything here is more expensive though.

I am very interested and tempted by this vape, the youtube review and greenthumbs comments make it sound so appealing.

My problem is I already have a Arizer Solo and Extreme Q, both of which do a great job as it is. I would recommend them to anyone.

What I might do is keep an eye on the price and if it gets down to around $300 or below I might try get one.

Last edited:
I just read this review for the plenty -

OVER-RATED
I always do my research before buying a product, and having read all the great reviews I was very disappointed to find this vaporizer simply does not live up to its reputation.

As was expected, this vaporizer is large and unwieldy and definitely raises some eyebrows among my friends. Yet it simply does not have the product strength to make up for it. The cooling tube makes the vapor easy to inhale for minute or so but quickly becomes heated itself making it both redundant AND dangerous to touch (it will burn you if you arent careful). This is also true of the herb chamber, making it difficult to reload without taking a cool-down break (which ALSO defeats the purpose of having a non-portable vaporizer, ie- not having to wait while it charges).

Whats more, even on the higher settings you will find your chosen plant is not properly vaporized and will still be largely potent after a vape session. I have a friend who purchased the Arizer Solo which is both cheaper and portable, and we have both found his vaporizer to be much more effective in extracting vapor.

PROS: Heats up fast, Cooled vapor is nice while it lasts, Minimal cleaning required

CONS: Large and Unsubtle (and bizzarre), Ineffective Vaporization, Non-Portable

All in all it is an average vaporizer which would better suit the 100-200 price range.

That really puts me in two minds about buying this model unless as it says above in that review it was around the $200 or mark or less then I might buy it. But for $375 as it currently is I do not think I will be buying it.

That really puts me in two minds about buying this model unless as it says above in that review it was around the $200 or mark or less then I might buy it. But for $375 as it currently is I do not think I will be buying it.

I'm with you, dude. 375? fuck that, get an xbox one and a decent pipe.

It does look pretty cool, though, can't lie about that.

i've gone through a several vaporizers: volcano, firefly, and the S&B mighty. also quite a few cheaper ones that i just can't recommend. unfortunately, to some extent i think you get what you pay for in this market, though S&B stuff is overpriced, i think.

i gotta say that the firefly is my absolute favorite. it's more expensive than the OP was looking for, so maybe that's not an option. also, i know a lot of people dislike it, saying it's finicky and has too little battery life. i'll admit that these points have truth to them. but if you've got good weed, i find that the flavor from the firefly can't be matched.

I really can't understand that review at all.

Firstly a load lasts ~2 hours of constant vaping, so they must have been doing something wrong if they weren't getting much out of it & constantly reloading. I don't know how they could be doing it wrong, maybe they didn't grind the herb or something. Maybe they didn't put enough in it. Maybe they didn't keep hitting it fast & hard enough - first hit after it's been sat for a few minutes is always a bit weak. Maybe they're just lying.

Second, it wont burn you at all, the coil gets a little hot near the bottom, but no way it could burn anything. There's also a big warning right in front of it, so you can't be caught unaware. The plastic parts remain cool, so it's no problem at all reloading while it's still hot if you want. The chamber & coil cool down quickly when removed from the heater, especially if you pull some air through it, it's totally cooled & ready to reload in a few minutes, or in the more likely scenario that you can't finish a full load in one sitting it'll cool down & save for later.

Also, I'm sure you can find it cheaper than that. If you're in Australia then you could import one from the UK & not pay tax on it, so it'd be under £170. You can't really buy any decent vaporizer for under $200 AUD, it'd need to be some very cheaply made Chinese model. Arizer Solo is £140.

It is fixed voltage, so you can't import an EU model to the USA, it'll need 220-240 volts.

A battery wont last more than a few years, so it's really a false economy to try to save £30 by buying a solo. It's not going to provide the same heating power either & you're going to need another vaporizer to use while it recharges. The only person I know who bought a solo received a broken one in the mail with the glass parts smashed. I had a quick go on their replacement & it didn't impress me that much, not enough for me to pay that money. The Plenty is well made, there's no easily breakable parts, it should last for many years in normal use.

I bought my Plenty second hand from an ebay auction for £106. I wouldn't buy a second hand battery powered vaporizer because I wouldn't know how much the battery had been used, but no worries over buying a Plenty or Volcano second hand, or selling it later if needed.

There are some cheap Chinese portable battery powered vaporizers that perform pretty well & cost much less than Arizer or Storz & Bickel. The Hebe Titan 2 is just £35, it's the upgraded version of the Snoop Dogg G Pro which is based on the Titan 1, there's just a slight plastic taste that disappears after use & the vapour it produces is a bit hot, other than that it's great. Flowermate Vapormax v5 is good too, great taste on that one, but it's a small chamber & gets blocked up easily. They both heat up faster than an Arizer & the battery lasts longer on the Flowermate.

Last edited:
A battery wont last more than a few years, so it's really a false economy to try to save £30 by buying a solo. It's not going to provide the same heating power either & you're going to need another vaporizer to use while it recharges. The only person I know who bought a solo received a broken one in the mail with the glass parts smashed. I had a quick go on their replacement & it didn't impress me that much, not enough for me to pay that money. The Plenty is well made, there's no easily breakable parts, it should last for many years in normal use.

You can use a solo whilst it is plugged in charging. It last quite a few times on the one battery charge though, when I notice it is getting down to 1,2 or 3 bars I put it on recharge by plugging it in, I can still use it as I do this. Mine has given me no troubles, nothing has broken. My Extreme Q has had a few parts break, but it is 5 or so years old and the parts weren't that hard to replace, or expensive.

I don't know about the newfangled vapes on the market but this summer it will have been a decade since I bought an HerbalAire and it's still running with most of the original parts. At the time, the choices were pretty much either Volcano for $700+ or HerbalAire for $250 (still what they're charging). I've handled Volcano units plenty too and have seen nothing there to justify the added cost except that it looks prettier. HerbalAire construction and materials are industrial-grade and the design is superior to the Volcano because it externalizes the pump so that the unit can be run with or without a pump. The thing about pumps is their lifetime is finite (hence MTBF) so it was a clever design choice to not make the HerbalAire's function dependent on a part that will inevitably die after a few years of frequent operation. When the HerbalAire pump fails, you can either swap it for a new one or continue to use the unit pump-less. No fuss.

tl;dr: for $250 you get the quality and performance of a Volcano and replacement parts available from the company, which as of now has been in business for at least a decade.