• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question after acetone wash and H2O wash. Brown MDMA

iaaplmf45

Greenlighter
This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum for a long time so here goes.

Ok I got some Teal Monsters awhile back and I was curious about some experimenting with them. I tested them with all the reagents as you can find on pillreports I made a pill report recently. It past all of the test with flying colors. I have not takin any of them since I bought them months ago but I knew from many others that they were weak. The test all went to their colors fast so I assumed they were not weak, I was thinking medium MDMA content.

But to prove my theory I did a dry acetone wash. Trust me my acetone was DRY. I started with 11 pills that weighed .286 grams a piece so 3.146 grams total. I did probably 10 washes until the acetone wasn't changing colors. After it dried it was a little whiter but not much and it now weighed 1.321 grams.

So after a few days I wanna fuck around some more so this time I acetone wash 12 pills so a total weight of 3.432. After all the washed and it was dried I wanted to try MDMA water evaporate. I didn't weigh it after the acetone wash this time, sorry. So I put minimum cold bottled water onto the dried MDMA powder and let it evap. It now weighs 1.614

Heres where I'm at now. What I have smells just like licorice. The problem is it's super sticky. It will not evap any more. It taste so bitter that it burns, it almost numbs my tongue and taste just like MDMA should. But why in the hell am I left with sticky MDMA? When I first scraped it out of the petri dish it looks crystaly but really it probably wasn't. It looked like you melted a jolly rancher and scraped it up. When I test it everything goes strait to their respective colors almost instantly. Marquis turns as black as oil now.

I think I have a very high MDMA content substance but why is it sticky. I can take pics of the caps but it looks like brown squishy stuff the consistency of play doh.

Any ideas? If there is any actual interest in this let me know and I'll post some pictures.

If I have violated any rules of the forum sorry in advance. Thanks.

It's possible it is freebase oil as I've read that it is not supposed to become solid. Maybe dilute tiny amount of hcl into water and evap the water.... If you know what you are doing as hcl is quite a strong and dangerous compound

Edit:The above freebase theory is pure speculation. Only lab analysis can confirm. if it is freebase I'd be very curious how 100 mg infused into herbs would vaporize. Start small if you do as it might lose the magic and just feel like a stimulant as I heard iv does.

Last edited:
It's possible it is freebase oil as I've read that it is not supposed to become solid. Maybe dilute tiny amount of hcl into water and evap the water.... If you know what you are doing as hcl is quite a strong and dangerous compound

Edit: if it is freebase I'd be very curious how 100 mg infused into herbs would vaporize. Start small if you do as it might lose the magic and just feel like a stimulant as I heard iv does.

It was solid after i did the acetone wash. After that I did the water evap and that's what gave me the sticky brown mdma.

What do you mean by hcl is a strong and dangerous compound? Are you referring to the mdma being high potency or are you talking about something else?

Last edited:
It's possible it is freebase oil
I'm not a chemist, but I seriously doubt your statement. The MDMA was with salt when he started the wash. Acetone wash will not "unsalt" the mdma.hcl.
For the lack of better answer and knowledge: the mdma is sticky because there is still left some unknown adulterant which is not acetone soluble.
Now the question is: Is that adulterant dangerous or not...

Hcl has an extremely low ph. Do not expose to skim and have something like baking soda to naturalize if needed.

Edit: I'll clarify I was definitely speculating and will edit that in above. It's just possible, but very unlikely as you said unless the pills were made with freebase oil. It might be that about 50% was still freebase oil weight, which accounts for short weight and whatnot. The goo tested as MDMA if I'm not mistaken. I am curious if you have the waste of the pills still and can try and do something to see if there is mdma hcl still in it. Maybe test it with a testing kit first just to confirm. That's why I suggested to attempt to create mdma hcl to confirm. Who knows really without a lab analysis

Last edited:
I'm not a chemist, but I seriously doubt your statement. The MDMA was with salt when he started the wash. Acetone wash will not "unsalt" the mdma.hcl.
For the lack of better answer and knowledge: the mdma is sticky because there is still left some unknown adulterant which is not acetone soluble.
Now the question is: Is that adulterant dangerous or not...

I some what agree with you. Wonder why it took the water to become sticky? It was perfect powder before the water. What adultrant makes it sticky?

I did test the waste. It showed a very slow positive. I re washed all waste and got about another .150 grams powder. I also tasted waste, It had no taste. The testing reagents only test if the chemical in question is present, but not how much. I'm assuming almost none was actually in it.

Edit. I think I will wash about 10 more tonight and take pics of entire process. Maybe that will help figuring this out.

It might just be leftover water. Water it hard to completely remove

Most likely your MDMA is still wet. Water evaporates very slowly atmospheric pressure and room temperature. You could try keeping it in a container with silica or something to get rid of the excess water.

yup, try to dry the stuff. put it into a tightly sealed and preferably evacuated container with some dry (bake it in the oven for a few hours) silica.

Why would you wash a salt with water? It's going to remove more MDMA HCl then anything. Not to mention taking something up in a solvent and then letting it evaporate serves no purpose. To properly dry your stuff now you are going to need a desiccator or drying pistol. Depending on how much water you added, it may not be possible to properly dry via open cup evaporation.

I just read where people were re-xing with water. Today I tried re-xing it by heating up acetone with 2% IPA then cooling it off. It didn't do anything more than a cold acetone wash did. I'm left with an off white powder that still has a little bit of green. The water evap created a higher quality product than the acetone hot wash, but it's sticky.

Just saying what you described is not a good procedure for cleaning up. In the future don't use this same procedure or you will either lose tons of product, not purify enough to justify lost product or both. Wash with cold organic solvents like ether or acetone. If you feel the need to recrystallize use acetone/ethyl acetate. Water is not almost never suitable for recrystallization or washing, especially of salts.

Most likely your MDMA is still wet. Water evaporates very slowly atmospheric pressure and room temperature. You could try keeping it in a container with silica or something to get rid of the excess water.
Spot on...seems most likely scenario to me.

Dissolve in hot organic solvent and cool slowly to recrystallise. Impurities should be left in solution. This is the best way to purify

Well here is what I did next with surprising results. I did a hot solvent wash with dry acetone and 2 percent ipa. I followed the tek by borax(?). It said once acetone was cool pour through filter paper and collect crystals. Well I did that and got basically the same color shit I started with. With the "waste" acetone I left it in a Petri dish to evap to see if any mdma was in it. Two days later I checked its progress and holy fuck. Perfect almost pure white semi clear mdma crystals. And alot of it. I think the little bit of ipa dissolved the mdma and went through the filter and evaped and left me with beautiful molly.

The entire bottom of the petri dish was one big clear crystal. I scraped it up with a razor and as I did it turned white as the crystal broke up.

Enjoy your spoils, next time though research the chemistry a bit more before messing with stuff you just bought. I'd be well pissed if I lost everything I had paid for

I bought a ton and I have not quit researching the chemistry before I attempted any of it. I got these for about 3 dollars a piece. Trust me I'm not pist. I have been setting on 100s of these and white lighting bolts for some time. Who cares if I waste some. I rather enjoy the experimenting.