• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

don't like weed. will I like other drugs?

cosplaypikachu

Greenlighter
Smoking marijuana gives me paranoia and anxiety and sometimes even worsens my depression.

I'm just wondering if psychedelics, downers, stimulants, disassociative drugs, and opiates will give me the same bad feelings weed gives me.

I understand you can have bad trips on other drugs but if hypothetically you take bad trips out of existence and just focus on normal effects on people, is it usually the case that if you don't do good on weed, you won't like the effects of other drugs? (Specifically acid. Really want to try acid)

Maybe, maybe not? Have you had treatment for being anxious, and depressed? How bad are your depression, anxiety, and paranoia?

Which other drugs have you used? I know people who really don't like herb but they enjoy alcohol, opiates, psychedelics at times, disassocative drugs, downers, and stimulants. Just be careful not to take too much, don't combine drugs that are dangerous to combine (like stimulants and downers, or even downers with other downers like an opiate with a benzo, benzos with alcohol, or alcohol with opiates), research what you're going to take before you take it, and if you're taking acid make sure you're actually getting LSD and not a research chemical.

Tripping on acid can be overwhelming at moments but I've personally never dealt with anxiety directly induced from acid. If you are interested in LSD I would problem suggest trying DMT or shrooms first. Reason why I suggest DMT is because the effects are very short you only "trip" for maybe 10 mins or so but DMT is far more powerful then acid so I would attempted to breakthough until you feel comfortable on a low dose DMT experience.

Weed is a mild-moderate psychedelic depending on dose IME. If you can't handle those effects well then chances are you'd hardly be able to handle strong psychedelics like LSD or Mushrooms.

Micro doses of DMT are good to test the waters of the psychedelic experience but until you can handle yourself on LSD or Shrooms then you can handle a Breakthrough DMT experience. Sounds to m as you let your mind defeat you so these drugs aren't something you should be doing until you sort out your own emotions.

All drugs cause depression and anxiety to varying degrees. ALL. Even nicotine.

Eh it depends. Certain classes of drugs (besides psychedelics/hallucinogens) like stimulants have the reputation for causing anxiety in some users, although personally, as someone who has anxious thoughts blah blah blah, I think that stimulant drugs are somewhat anxiolytic. Anxiety due to drug abuse is somewhat healthy, though, it's basically your body telling you to slow your roll pardner IMO, especially on a stimulant binge comedown. Anxiety just from a few hits from a weed pipe is a different story, though. How intense is the paranoia?

I wouldn't necessarily advise avoiding things like LSD because there are some users for whom THC just effects them in a very negative way, and they're actually fine with strong psychedelics, just not THC. THC is a pretty strange drug.

Weed is a mild-moderate psychedelic depending on dose IME. If you can't handle those effects well then chances are you'd hardly be able to handle strong psychedelics like LSD or Mushrooms.

Weird; weed still occasionally gives me anxiety/paranoia even though I'm medical and I've been unsuccessfully treated for generalized anxiety disorder, yet I took to shrooms very easily. The only way I can phrase it is that for me, psychs have always felt like being wrapped in a warm blanket whereas weed occasionally feels 'dirty'.

Tom

Very possible. I wouldn't dig to deep into other drugs though. Sure psychedelics can be beneficial. But don't fuck around with shit if you can't do it safely.

Micro doses of DMT are good to test the waters of the psychedelic experience but until you can handle yourself on LSD or Shrooms then you can handle a Breakthrough DMT experience. Sounds to m as you let your mind defeat you so these drugs aren't something you should be doing until you sort out your own emotions.

All drugs cause depression and anxiety to varying degrees. ALL. Even nicotine.

I've experienced pretty intense bouts of paranoid due to smoking but never felt anything like that from LSD, DMT, or MDMA. Paranoia from weed is extremely common for many people but I really haven't had a bad trip ever.

Weird; weed still occasionally gives me anxiety/paranoia even though I'm medical and I've been unsuccessfully treated for generalized anxiety disorder, yet I took to shrooms very easily. The only way I can phrase it is that for me, psychs have always felt like being wrapped in a warm blanket whereas weed occasionally feels 'dirty'.

Tom

I also have felt that way with both cannabis, and mushrooms the way you described.

I've never had med herb but lived in a med herb state and it was easy for pretty much anyone to get a med card or high quality medicinal or homegrown herb if they wanted it; but at the time I was not using any drugs at all and have not for years. Mushrooms and certain psychedelic cacti were around as well but I was not using any drugs so I did not seek them out while living there.

Have to disagree with this. I have several friends who enjoy psychedelics very enthusiastically but cannot tolerate weed. If anything, i believe weed can at times be more prone to inducing bad reactions than psychedelics. This is not to say that psychedelics do not cause bad reactions, or that the OP will be fine with them, as both of those things are dependent on the individual.

Just my 2 cents

Edit: Just saw that others have basically said the same thing as me. Point in case

it doesn't mean AT ALL you won't like other drugs. stimulants, downers, opiates... all very different from weed.

imo, marijuana is a very weird and particular drug. it's also not everyone that enjoys it. like others have said it is similar to psychedelics, and being able to handle a weed high could mean you'd handle a psych trip better, but still they're kinda different from each other.

i agree with others that while weed is milder than (serotonergic) psychedelics, that doesn't mean it's actually easier to handle, weed is very mindfuckey if you get high enough and also can induce paranoia. it's easier to handle the mindfuck on a psych trip if you feel everything is beautiful, new, meaningful, etc... very high nearly psychedelic doses of weed i don't think anyone enjoys, it's just pure mindfuck and chaos

but i think weed is a good training for other psychedelics, you kinda learn that set and setting thing

I wouldn't try any other drugs if I were you. If I could take it back I wouldn't have started doing acid.

Drugs are a waste of time... the allure is as real as the regret from losing years of your life looking back on how foolish you were at times. be careful.

^ moah posts liek dis on drug forums pls

The real buzz comes from mainlining ganja

Drugs are a waste of time... the allure is as real as the regret from losing years of your life looking back on how foolish you were at times. be careful.

I had a mad time on drugs mate. Everything in moderation.

Considering your depressed and prone to anxiety, yes I guarantee there are certain classes of drugs you'll absolutely love. But those are also super addictive drugs so I'm not going to point you in that direction. ....try sky diving instead.

I would try anything else but insisting in something that could go wrong.
What if you find this substance that will make things work well for you, do you plan on being addicted. That´s a difficult life, 'I promise you' that.