• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Immodium without cimetidine

calfe

Greenlighter
Will Immodium possibly help with withdrawal without using
cimetidine with it.
How important is it to take the cimetidine with it?
I did not have enough money for the both.
I am also hoping it works for more than just the runs.
I do not really get bad runs when quiting dope. I really only
get horrible RLS. This is what i am hoping it will have some
effect in curring. I am scared of staying awake for 3 nights
in a row.
Thanks.

I've never used cimetidine when using loperamide for withdrawal, it's not necessary and worked every time. Be careful using really high doses of lope though as I recall there being a few accounts of people dying in the loperamide megathread. I'd be very apprehensive about adding enzyme inhibitors to the equation...

You CAN use Lope without cime but you have to take MANY MANY more. The Cimetidine kind of acts as a potentiator, but it helps A BUNCH!! With cimetidine I have to take 35 2mg Loperamide pills (70mgs, I have a very high tolerance) and I take a gram of cimetidine one hour before. But if I don't take cimetidine I got to take like 45-50+ to feel better.

IT DOES DO MORE THAN HELP DIARRHEA! It gets me 90-95% fine, the only issues I have while I take it is yawning, teary eyes, and depression/craving which is easy to handle compared to CT withdrawals... and then to taper I just drop 1 lope a day! I did it once successfully and it was my most painless detox ever, seriously.

But as you know getting clean is just step one, the HARDER part is STAYING clean amongst all the bullshit and boredom and depression... Good Luck! Imodium is a gosh darn LIFE SAVER imo... I know it can be expensive to keep away the withdrawal but I never pay for my loperamide and cimetidine... I won't say how but it's not that hard considering they aren't anything but diarrhea medicine to the masses...

I took 50mg of lope today. It may have helped a bit, but I think i need more.
I stayed away from H today but i just dosed 85g of poppy seed tea. I usualy use 170g to keep withdrawal away.
I am not sure how much the lope helped but the 85g of poppy seads made me feel better, but this is what I am trying to stop...
seeds and H. I was on suboxone a few years ago but do not want to go that rought, I had a hard time getting off subs.
I have 85g of seeds and 68mg of lope left. I also have some Kratom.
I really want to take the rest of the seeds but i am going to hold off as long as i can.
After I give in and take the last of the seeds I will just use the kratom when needed. I think.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
This is my first post here at Bluelight, I have to say I've been using Lope for quite some time now, about 3 years for addiction management(if you could even call it that) it really does help me on a daily basis if I need it too, though my tolerance has skyrocketed since I first started, at first I was able to take about 48mg and two hours later feel 100% better, now it's around 144mg-288mg, I have never taken anything else with it either, although I will warn you that if you start taking it on the daily and stop you will withdrawal(obviously), maybe not as harsh as a full on Opie withdrawal but you definitely will feel like shit for awhile. If you are smart you would taper down and not do as I have and just take more. Also do not take any of the doses I've posted about myself yourself, stick to a low dose and give it around 2 hours to come on before taking more. If needed.

For some people it may come on faster, but you will feel almost 100 times better once you find your dose, I would give it 3 days at that dose, then go down about 8 to 10mg and stick at that for 3 days, then take a low dose for a bit and let your body naturally flush. Lope is by far the BEST otc withdrawal help, nothing can shake a stick at it, just as others have said before me be careful, somedays my vision gets really blurry, mouth gets so dry it's like I'm sucking on a goddamn sham-wow pad, and occasionally a headache if I don't keep hydrated.

Good Luck, hope this helped a little bit!

I got a bottle of potassium gluconate for under $3 on sale. I SWEAR it helped RLS and chills and blood pressure. Maybe it was placebo but I don't care, I am almost three days into H withdrawal and I'm doin it WITH CHRONIC PAIN...you can too love! :)

Please research potassium a bit, as it's contraindicated in some cases and can.cause very bad health problems in these cases.

Stay safe and healthy. And love yourself. Love yourself!

Edit: I will say, if I could only have ONE thing during withdrawal, it would be loperamide/imodium. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Peace.

Last edited:
i ended up getting a 8mg suboxone.
I made it last 3 days already and i still have 3 little pieces left.
I let myself withdrawal a little durring the day and take the smallest possible piece at night.
I don't know if all this is good and maybe its time I just go cold turkey...
I feel like i am just extending the inevitable.

I may try again with the lope, but 50mg did not work well for me, and taking more just seems crazy.
You think comming off lope would be easier than the 8mg of sub I managed to get?
The first day I needed 3.5mg of sub but last night I was able to
feel ok off 1mg of sub, tonight i will eat a piece that is about .5mg

I think its time I just go cold turkey when the sub is gone. I have about 2mg left.

Will the lope work after taking sub? A shot of H usually won't do much the day after...
You all think I should just cold turkey after the sub?
Lets say I start going nuts, then maybe buy some lope and try it again?
And remember I am taking just enough sub to get by, like i still suffer minimal withdrawal during the day.
And for some reason all my withdrawal is in my arms. Like I get RLS in my arms really bad. I start shaking bad and can't sleep.
but this is being postponed with subs i guess...
I think I am going to have to deal with it no matter what.

I just found a bottle of Gabapentin (Neurontin) 300mg
I have never taken this but I am really happy.
I looked it up and it says online it helps with RLS.
when the subs are gone i am done. I will take this for a few nights and be done!
I hope it works. But thats what i need is RLS help...
Its the only withdrawal thing i can't handle...

I just found a bottle of Gabapentin (Neurontin) 300mg
I have never taken this but I am really happy.
I looked it up and it says online it helps with RLS.
when the subs are gone i am done. I will take this for a few nights and be done!
I hope it works. But thats what i need is RLS help...
Its the only withdrawal thing i can't handle...

That's great! Gabapentin is my #1 non-opioid withdrawal aid, especially when it comes to RLS, which is my worst symptom too. You have the perfect chance to get off, the trick is going to be staying away for good. Best of luck!

The Gabapentin works amazing!!!
I take 900mg after a meal.
I still have 1 8mg suboxone left and i am not using it.
I only ate .5mg of sub yesterday.
I woke up with shivers and arms restless. I took 900mg of gabapentin and i feel fine.
I will take this for another few days and then stop.
Even though i am only taking it a short time i will still tapper.
I will take 600mg then next day 300mg then stop.
Anyway. I feel really good.
So yeah.
If anyone reads this they should ask there doctor about it, or look into it or something.
I wish my sub doctor gave me this 5 years ago.
later

Aww, I'm SO glad the gabapentin is helping you! Never seemed to do much for me. Maybe my expectations were too high?

I know exactly what you mean....restless arms. Ugh! It'll drive you nuts. I find that sitting in a nice warm/hot bath will at least temporarily relieve restless arms. I am a bit heat intolerant, so I could never sit in the bath for too long. Perhaps staying in the hot water longer than I managed to will make the relief more long-lived.

Everyone has their own unique chemistry. What works for one doesn't help another. I think it comes down to (thoughtfully researched, as safe as can be) personal experimentation and finding what helps YOU alone or in combination (ALWAYS checking interactions, and keeping your personal health condition/s in mind).

Sounds like physically you're alright, and I'm happy for you. Now just work.on that fear of letting it go. I know...it's hard. We all take for our own personal reasons. Whatever it is that frightens you about stopping, I suppose facing those fears is the needed thing to keep moving forward. And be mindful of underlying things that may resurface. For example, I'm an anxious person. Once off opiates....here it comes back in full force lol. I took for physical pain but the nature of the beast, is it kinda numbs you. So BAM! Anxiety back! Lol. I'm gonna give some things like Valerian root a try to keep my anxiety under better control, until I manage to get things in a better place so I can work on my anxiety head on in the near future.

One step at a time.

You're doing great. Give yourself credit for the good, don't HATE yourself for anything you wish you'd "done better", and just keep putting one foot in front of the other :)

Take good care of yourself hon :)

Peace.

Last edited: