• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bud Study: How Does Bud Differ From Around The Country?

ThatSpaceyKid

Bluelighter

"Bud Study"
=D
Greetings, :sus:
I have been rather curious lately about Bud in different areas of the United States mostly, but will be interested to hear about Bud from other countries too. I would like to start by asking just a few questions if you could please answer them in a numbered list that would be amazing.
Purpose: To Compare and Contrast The Qualities of The Locally Dispensed Weed Whether it Be from The Street or The Dispensary. Is bud different from coast to coast? Is it more expensive and more abundant in small towns or in the bigger cities? Is it different from an Urban area such as Los Angeles, or from a Rural area such as most of Colorado especially in the Southern part?

I believe there is a big difference between abundance in Rural areas as compared to Urban areas. Obviously it is more abundant in Urban areas because there is more people and more dealers. Based on what I have been told. In some places bud is the same price as a point of Heroin which is ridicules. I think in small rural areas that its such a small community that there are to many dealers so the price drops. In bigger cities there are so many possibilities and people that the price will stay steady no matter what. I know in a few places in the US that they only sell Shwag the worst of the shit...

1. What is your favorite strain of Marijuana in your region?
Hero-Juana
(Your answer here just quote and fill in ):

2. Does the bud in your region have orange/purple/blue/white/? hairs, is it covered in kief, does it have white crystals all over it?
Full of orange/purple hairs. Kief covers the bud so much that I can put my resin in the container and shake it up and get it covered in kief and still have some let. I have never smoked bunk weed here honestly i always end up way to stoned and freak out because we just got high walking to a friends house.

3. How does it smoke? Does it burn quick or slow? Is it sticky and wet or is it dry and crumbly?
It burns evenly. Its not to dry, nor is it to wet. It crumbles easy to shake, but makes it easy to roll. Its decent.

4. Does your weed make your whole house stink, your room, your hands, your car, or is it bunk and does it barely have a scent? Or does it smell like something completely different then bud should?
The bud i get almost every time can make my whole house stink lol. I wont even exxagerate it usually makes my hands stink my clothes my breath and the area for a good bit before it freshens up bud stink always lingers from my expereiences.

5. What is the average amount of THC in your weed? Does it have more CBD then THC? Is it quality shit or bunk?
The weed here has more THC than CBD. Its quality shit and is cheap because theres so many dealers. . Again I have never gotten weed that was not dank and got me high as fuck for hours.

6. When you get your Bud is it in Nugs or is it all shake or a mixture of both?
My bud always comes in big ass Nugs. Its always hooked up here. I have only gotten shake a few times.

7. Do you only get one strand with your purchases or does your guy mix it with 3-5 strands?
My dealers rarely just give me one strand. Usually its a mix.

8. Is Sativa or Indica dominant in your area? Or is morehybridized shit more common?
Indica is more common here than Sativa. There still is good Sativa here, but it is usually mixed with a Hybrid or Indica.

9. Is the bud in your area safe to smoke? Like is it JUST Bud or is it laced commonly?
I have gotten laced weed before only reason I know is because the next day I was sick as fuck and had a like hangover feeling. I then would crave bud so much. I will not lie ive boosted for bud. Or traded shit i NEEDED bud. Now i just want bud dont need it.

How Is Bud Smoked There/Used?
How is Bud commonly consumed in your region? (Please choose One)

1. [*=1]Smoked? ( Raw Cannabis, Wax, Hash, Etc.)
    [*=1]Vaped? (Wax, Hash, Cannabis Oil: CBD 1-50%, 25-50 % THC Usually if bought from high shelved shit from the dispensary. It is possible. , Etc.)
    [*=1]Consumed orally? (Edibles, Beverages, Etc.)
Smoked/Vaped. Edibles are not that big down or around here. A lot of people stick to the classic pipe or bong. But vaping is catching on here. More and more are vaping hash and wax.

How is Bud consumed most commonly in your region?

1. [*=1]Using Rolling Papers/Blunt Wraps
    [*=1]Vaped using a Vapor Pen
    [*=1]Using a Pipe/Bong
Down here most people use a Pipe or a Bong... I mean just because the vape oil is a bit more and what you pay you can get a fat ass sack instead! Not many people roll joints or use blunt wraps because they use to much weed.

Lastly is Weed used more Medically or Recreationally there?

1. [*=1]Medically
    [*=1]Recreationally
Weed is used more recreationally down here. Most kids start out around 12-15 here. Kids parents smoke weed with their children like nothing. Some kids have parents who know they smoke and will help them buy it or buy it for them like me.

Thank you for your time! I hope you can find it in you to reply. I am really curious about all of this stuff.

Last edited:
Your buds not laced.... It's not 70% thc even 50% only 25% at best while 10% cbd is high where 1% is average.

There's no price discussion allowed

Your questions are good, but the answers sound like your just bragging about your bud. Just sayin'

Wish the best to your sstudies though

Your buds not laced.... It's not 70% thc even 50% only 25% at best while 10% cbd is high where 1% is average.

There's no price discussion allowed

Your questions are good, but the answers sound like your just bragging about your bud. Just sayin'

Wish the best to your sstudies though

Sorry. When I write on Meth I tend to go a bit overboard with my use of adjectives and what not because im able to express several ideas and am in a different state of mind. I have edited this now. I am not bragging just stating the good qualities this bud has :!. Ive smoked countless strains of weed, but above all Herojuana grown from AD this dude I know can make one couch stricken unable to really do anything but space out and enjoy the ride.

Hey thatspaceykid I just thought I'd let you know, when you say 'strand' it's actually meant to be 'strain'. I hope you don't mind me saying.

The weed in Alaska is great, I'd put it up against anything I've smoked in the rest of the USA or Europe. A lot of it is imported from Washington and California but the homegrown stuff is also great. Just comes from people taking a lot of pride in growing great weed, you can find that anywhere.

I'd generally say that the weed on the American west coast up through British Columbia to Alaska is really good. I've smoked great weed in NYC too but the most popular shit back there were sativa strains like Jack Herer and I tend to prefer hybrid strains...

I've only seen actual "schwag" once here, and it was sold to me as schwag so I couldn't really complain...traded three hits of acid for about 9 grams of it. Definitely not pipe weed, but smoking joints of it before bedtime was nice.

Last edited:
I don't use herb anymore at all but I figured I'd answer this post since I've lived in both rural and urban areas when I did use herb.

1. Trainwreck, or Afghan/Afghan Kush. Most of the herb I've had I didn't know the name of but I enjoyed the stuff that was the best quality. I didn't mind the lower quality stuff when I was first starting to smoke herb as it was the only thing available but I didn't like how you had to smoke more of it in order to get super high.

2.Yes it has orange/purple hairs, sometimes white hairs/leaves, and it's covered with Keif. When I was attending a university in a rural area there was high quality herb there; but I remember a friend of mine bragging that he and his friends smoked a few ounces of herb in a weekend in his dorm; but they were smoking mids, regs, or schwag since they smoked often and didn't care if it was high quality or not. But most people I attended college with preferred the high quality stuff since they would get super baked on it, and had to smoke less of it. When I lived in an urban area and smoked when high quality herb came around you completely stopped seeing lower quality herb like mids, regs, and schwag.

3.Burns evenly, and it's sometimes sticky but not overly sticky and wet. Generally it's cured pretty well.

4.I remember with some of the high quality herb I would get I would put it into a glass mason jar and seal it tight since it really smelled a lot, and put it into a lock box; but that was when I was into smoking herb, and I lived with my parents decades ago.

5.It's high THC. Though when I was younger and just starting to smoke decades ago, you would mainly find mid-grade which was high quality stuff back then. Schwag was also around but people used that for smoking large joints, or for cooking with.

6.It was usually always nugs. Rarely did I ever get shake.

7.Yes usually I would just get one strain of herb. I would then take it home and smoke it (this was long before vaporizers were around or easily available to buy), and then sometimes mix it with other strains if I had them.

8.Indicas were more common but you also would sometimes get a nice hybrid, or a very nice Sativa.

9.Yeah usually it is, even when I lived in a city where PCP is very popular and has been for decades I never got laced herb or smoked herb that had PCP on it. I never had a desire to smoke PCP or use it, but a lot of my friends did or people I grew up with did, and they said how you would be able to tell if herb has PCP on it since it really reaks of chemicals before you even smoke it, and no person would just give a more expensive drug away like that. This was decades before the cannabinoid research chems came out.

Most people either smoke herb, or vape it here.

Most people vape with any number of vaporizers like the e-cig/vape pens, portable vapes, or the vapes that you use indoors like the Volcano, and other brands. I'm sure a lot of people here dab but I've never done any sort of dabs and the only concentrate I had was actual Sativa Moroccan hash that I smoked in Spain decades ago, and not too many of my friends here use herb or if they do they just smoke it either on weekends, or a few times a year.

Most people here smoke it out of bongs, joints, blunts, bowls/pipes, and one hitters.

Recreationally; but even when I lived in a med state there was tons of recreational use, and pretty much any adult or even teenager could get a med card if they wanted one badly enough, and people would openly smoke herb or use other drugs in public there.

Sorry. When I write on Meth I tend to go a bit overboard with my use of adjectives and what not because im able to express several ideas and am in a different state of mind.
That explains it perfect!

I don't want you to feel I curitisized for destruction, but rather to be constructive. I just think this would be cool with really unbiased answers. The way you highlighted key descriptive words to share was great!

I might answer the questions if I'm up to it, but I'm lazy. I think you would be able to appreciate the opinions from my medical state.

Hey thatspaceykid I just thought I'd let you know, when you say 'strand' it's actually meant to be 'strain'. I hope you don't mind me saying.

Dialect ;] We call them strands here. Or strains doesn't matter either way. Its moun-an not mount-ain strand not strain?

Dialect ;] We call them strands here.

That's the first time I've heard that one lol. You live in Colorado, right? Hey if you want to call them strands have at it, it's not important. My point was to tell you what the correct terminology is but if you wish to call it something different who am I to tell you to do any different.

There used to be a world wide drug market report somewhere on Bluelight. Not sure if it still operates.
Are you still surveying Spaceykid? Or did the enthusiasm die off somewhere around the 12-24 mark?
I know that feel don't worry.

In case you are interested at all in outside the US.
Australia

1 Not usually too many strains to choose from. Favourites have been Blueberry, NL#5, White Widow

2 Appearance varies greatly depending on what you are buying. Usually indoor commercial bud is light green with heaps of orange hairs and trichomes. Outdoor can be anything from long skinny buds reminiscent of thai sativas to greasy indicas with purple bits and anything in between.

3 Dryness and smoke. Usually sticky but some times you get it over dried or sometimes well cured but rarely.

4 Stank. Usually the commercial stuff is strong on the nose but in my experience you can still get well high on outdoor stuff that doesnt have your typical skunky aromas.

5 THC Content. No idea. Going on police reports in the region its around 10% with little cbd. No doubt some people are exceeding this especially with all the seeds coming in from oversaes.

6 Appearance. Always buds.

7 Strain. Usually only one strain available but some people have a variety

8 Indoor commercial stuff is usually indica dominant hybrids. In the out door season you can get all kinds of funky shit and if you know a grower you can get indica, sativa or hybrids

9 Laced Bud? Nah no way. Not that I have ever seen. Hard drugs are way too expensive here for anyone to waste them by putting them on weed.

As far as method of ingestion goes. Usually bongs but also joints, pipes and edibles. Mostly recreational use. A few people have vapes. Not many people smoke extracts but they are there. Hash is not that common either