• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PS4 People... WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING?

ChemicalSmiles

Ex-Bluelighter
Just grabbed a ps4 after wanting one for a long time. Snagged a really good deal and it will be here wed!

What have you guys been playing?

Gonna snag a few used games for cheap to start out.

Bloodborne, GTA5, Shadow of Mordor, NBA 2K15

Destiny's pretty sweet but I don't have it myself. Final Fantasy Type-O sucks dick. The new Mortal Kombat game is apparently the shit, and you can't really go wrong with Call of Duty if you're into that kind of thing.

[EDIT: I picked up Hand of Fate off of the Playstation Store last night for $20. Decent so far, pretty fun for a crowdsourced game that I don't think was ever meant to go on playstation. It's a roguelite, card-based RPG. Pretty legit for a few dollars, actually.]

Last edited:
Im gonna grab EVOLVE used for pretty cheap and play it for a while... its main draw is the multiplayer.. and I do 90% of my gaming online.... should be fun for a while, then I will just resell it like I do with most games.

Got a preorder for the new batman coming in june.

Im big on first person shooters and 3rd person shooters as well. Havent gotten into halo or COD even though the followings are massive.

Really enjoyed old killzone games, and might pick up a used copy of kill zone.. but I hear barely anyone plays online anymore.

Probably will cop GTA 5.

BF 4 is a pretty good FPS for PS4. I have only played it on PC since I'm not a huge fan or FPS with a controller but maybe check out Destiny also its pretty good.

Shadows of Morder is dope. Assassin's Creed Black Flag is a must.

I've actually been playing a ton of "Warframe." It's a free-to-play game you can find in the Playstation store. It's one of those where you can buy in-game currency with real money to get an advantage, but I've found the game to offer massive amounts of quality gameplay even if you never spend a dime. I've never bought any upgrades or currency and I have over 300 hours logged on the game. Definitely worth checking out.

i dont have this gen yet but i wanna see if nba live is back, 2k seems kinda old

Just picked up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for PS4

I played it on PS2 but I remember getting stuck on the final Sin battle and just walking away from the game, and I've never played X-2 before.

Like 2 hours in and holy fuck I feel like I'm 13 again playing this shit. The music, man.... the music is so nostalgic it's ridiculous.

I guess you saw me playing on PSN.... for like 4 days straight? lmao

I love it, dude. I've never played an RPG so intricate with it's story-telling. That's pretty much what this game is all about, really, seems like at the end of every quest you sit down and get to the root of why a situation escalated into what you just had to deal with-- whether by confronting someone lying to you or revealing the truth to a grieving loved one. It gets intense, dude.

Like 5 days in and I'm only now starting to get a hang of the crafting system. That shit is complex. And all the background information, like books and letters and random tidbits you find around the gameworld? They're all worth reading, it seems. They're actually interesting. The NPCs (I first typed 'people instead), too, you start to really come to like certain characters. I have, at least...

But yeah, dude, I love it. With the world map(s) it reminds me of Dragon Age: Inquisition, but the way it's so god damn immersive fucking reeks of Skyrim, but it's by no means a copycat. I haven't played the other Witchers but this third one? Yeah, man, I say you should buy it.

awesome. i haven't played any witcher either. from the chatter i hear the story is really good and beautiful scenery. i've just seen a little bit of the combat system but i recognize the dodges, does combat feel anything like bloodborne ?

i definitely plan on playing it sometime, currently addicted to MKX... finally halfway decent lol.

Eh..... SORT OF. It's SORT OF like bloodborne.

There's a dodge, a roll, a parry, a strong attack and a fast attack in combat, along with 5 upgradeable "signs" that are basically spells.

I don't parry often. I dodge, roll, attack, and dodge and roll some more. So yeah, Bloodborne helped me out a ton in how I play this game, but I think I'm taking on the battles differently than they were meant to be fought. The fights are way easier than Bloodborne so long as you make sure to run away from enemies with a high enough level that they've got a red skull over their health bar.

There's all kinds of spells and blade oils and concoctions and shit that you can craft to make yourself stronger, and for some fights that kind of stuff is absolutely essential. There's some wraiths that you can't even touch until you trap them with a certain sign/spell, hit them with a certain bomb or coat your blade in a spectre oil. I'm sure there's other enemies with weaknesses like that but I haven't come across 'em yet. Noonwraiths are a fucking bitch, though.

It's pretty legit. I found out early it's best to save often, though. It's easy to not prepare for a contract/fight correctly, get killed, and then have to go through a half-hour to an hour of that same quest again.

thanks for the info. sounds good. it's been awhile since i played dragon age: inquisition but beside the map, the crafting /potions and stuff kinda remind me of it. i had a good time with DA:I, played it for the story and exploration mainly, but side quests were kinda tedious/repetitive so just did main mission stuff. i did like controlling a party too. didn't play it on hard so i didn't have to like really plan battles/pause and give orders, kinda gave it a mmorpg feel. the highlight of that game was the banter between party members for me.

W3 sounds like more action rpg, which i like + the quests you mentioned being... "substantial" ? and not just like gather these, return, reward shit. but yea i was just curious to hear your thoughts because of all the good reviews its been getting. like i say, i definitely plan on getting it at some time, just in MKX mode atm =) paid for the season pass so get early access to new dlc characters. once i need a break from that looks like witcher 3 is next.

what difficulty are you playing it on ?

The second lowest. I forget what it's called... "Sword and a story," I think?

The other two higher difficulties sounded scary. :(

right on. tbh for some games i choose easiest setting just to take it ez and enjoy the story.

Granted, the trailer doesn't tell you much but I'm so.

Fucking.

Excited.

=D=D=D

i never played a fallout, fuck it tho, im all on this hype train. i just want that new game feelin

can't wait to see what is reveleaed at @ e3 + new deus ex and dark souls 3

still playin only mkx btw ;p

So I generally don't like fighting games. The combo's are always a bitch for me to wrap my head around.

Think I should give the latest Mortal Kombat a shot, Joe?

ah that is a tough question. tbh if you don't like fighting games i wouldn't pay full price for MK, if it was on sale @ a good price would say give it a chance.

MKX is somewhat noob friendly when it comes to combos, compared to street fighter 4. come to think of it, maybe a reason it isn't played at all in japan... hmm.

yea, just hard to say buy it @ full price if ya aren't big on the genre. i paid $80 for the game/season pass + $200 on an arcade stick, no regrets with street fighter 5 being ps4/pc compatible and is for march 2016 release. been into SF and MK since a lil kid =)

any upcoming games you looking forward to ?