• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs April Showers bring May Sobriety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.. I guess it's been some time since I've posted!
Was working on this relapse situation, I'm almost a week clean again which is good it's been a while, I plan to keep it up..

Wishing everyone a safe and clean 24!

i havent used heroin, meth, cocaine, or opiates since december 26 2014!!! woohoo!!

on the other hand, i woke up angry today. i havent had a using dream in a while and i had one last night and it really fucked me up. coupled with the fact that my friends from highschool are back on heroin again after they saw our other friend overdose and die right in front of their eyes. i hope they will be alright! i am angry at the fact that they are using and i am not, but that is such a lie! it should be the other way around, i should be proud of where i am!

i went to the gym and worked out really hard today though, i know how to work through my feelings today though, and i have been in this situation hundreds of times before so i know i will be able to work through my anger and stay sober!

good news is i am going to the shaky knees music fest (ATL) on friday!! wohooo!! and i finished all my finals yesterday and made all A's in school!! :)

<3 yall

I have using dreams a lot to date

I have 6 months, 1 week and counting clean

just stay strong man, you're doing great

Another day dont feel like talking much. Friday lurking around the corner!! But having not used in may is kinda cool and I really don't want to post here saying i relapsed.

something about letting people down here Keeps me alright

But had fucking 2 more dreams last night about opiates. The weird thing is I never get to take them in my dreams. That's bullshit i should he allowed to at least fake take them!!!

But im sitting on my truck smoking cig drinking tea and im ok. So much up and down throughout the day. Crazyyyyy. Addiction does make you insane.

Have a good 1

yeah dude i feeeeels ya for some reason in my dreams i always wake up before i can even truly enjoy the dope or ops. but i tell myself i would prob be even more frustrated if i woke up from a dream where i was just high as a kite a faded as fuckkk haha talk about a reality check. lately since all the physical symptoms have subsided and have heard more and more from connects around, I've been craving more heavily since i know I'm now at the point where i could use a day or two and not physically withdrawal so I've decided to keep xanex around for the moments like today where i have off from work and could potentially cop. xanex for me has always been a weak alternative to my DOC so I've yet to really create any sort of physical or mental dependence but taking it gives me that slight bit of head change I'm looking for and can usually hold me off from caving at least for that/ day moment.

Hey guys.. I guess it's been some time since I've posted!
Was working on this relapse situation, I'm almost a week clean again which is good it's been a while, I plan to keep it up..

Wishing everyone a safe and clean 24!

glad you're back. and congratulations on that clean week!

Thanx simco and poke you positive posts is a big part of what keeps me going
I must admit that the cravings do get easier at a certain point but by no means am I letting myself get to comfortable
I live with the fear of getting high everyday but it is manageable
I've bin a member on blue light for many years and if you look at my old posts or threads you can see I've gotten clean a few times and posted about it like you guys
I went back and forth a lot so I definitely understand what you guys are going thru
The key is never give up and keep fighting I very much be live relapse is part of recovery even tho it doesn't have to be
For me it was tho and I had to loose everything this time around to wake up and get clean so I really hope it sticks this time
You guys are doing great keep it up and keep posting no matter good or bad as long as you are here you are not giving up ;)
Welcome back papa I'm happy to see you are back on track!

well, another clean day is nearly done for me. that's great of course. but i can feel relapse welling up in my guts. i did a bit of legwork today that would make it easier for me to cop if i wanted to (re-finding deleted phone numbers). why the FUCK would i do that? of *course* i'm gonna cop if i make it easy. and if i have drugs, i might as well just use 'em because i will eventually. flushing my dope seems to have had little point except wasting money.

i'm so frustrated with myself. the people in my life are so glad i'm kicking. i know i'm gonna let them down yet again.

but fuck it, i didn't use today, and that's a good thing.

i hope everyone on this thread is fighting hard. i'm sure that you are.
peace.

Bad day today...ugggh.... I am having a relative fly in to stay for about a week and I have so much cleaning to do...before I knew it I took my whole day's worth of pills this morning. I was able to get a lot done, but am feeling very ashamed and sad. I hope once my visitor gets here I stop this shit. They do not use or drink at all, so it will be like having someone monitoring me 24/7. I may just pm a couple of you until I get back on track, as I do not want to bring negative energy to all of you sober BL'ers. It is so not worth it to use outside of your plan... the guilt and shame are just destroying my self esteem. Stay strong...Simco your honesty around finding those deleted phone numbers may just keep you clean... you don't ever have to use again... and you never have to disappoint your loved ones, or yourself.

13 days no benzos or suboxone but I have been taking tramadol for about half those days. I don't have any friends where I'm currently living because I moved in with family in order to get clean. I start a fast food job tomorrow just so I can start getting out of the house instead of lying in a dark room all day. Hopefully I can handle it

thanks, Poke. feel free to PM me if the scene with your visitor gets tough (or for any other reason :)).

glad you're back. and congratulations on that clean week!

Welcome back papa I'm happy to see you are back on track!

Thanks you guys! I feel more and more confident afteer each relapse...

My boyfriend called me from rehab today, we talked for a bit about how wee are doing in our recovery, and he sounded like he's taking it pretty hard, and insisted I stay away from opiates for our own good.... I really want to, but it's gonna be a real challenge once he gets back... I feel like if I slip, we are over.... :/ *sigh*

We have to stay strong for eachother...

Congrats on everyone staying clean. I had a huge challenge and really wanted to use pretty badly but i made it so far and have stayed clean. I got suspended from my job, required to get the have the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) paperwork filled out by my shrink and had my 'fitness for duty' questioned.

I never got questioned once the whole time i was using, but apparently now that i'm clean and attending NA meetings someone must have seen my car at one and the rumor mill started. Plus i'm still not sleeping worth a shit and i did fall asleep in a boring ass meeting. I've also been working late hours, 9pm-2am sometimes, when it's quiet to get caught up but the executive director had been OK with it and the computer system proves i'm actually working and exactly what i'm producing.

They've wanted me to do the ADA paperwork before but i don't like being singled out and treated different because i have some mental health issues. I think it's bullshit. I hate having coworkers think "oh he can do anything because he's crazy." One other person, who is totally worthless, was about to get fired and went and did the ADA just in time to save her job. The thought of being in that category drives me crazy.

Luckily right after i got suspended i was scheduled to pick up my friend's kid from school and watch him so he could work. It was a real blessing because i dont know what i would have done if i didn't have those plans. So at least i ended up spending the afternoon in the sun at the park, playing with a kid who makes me laugh, going down the slides and eating ice cream. I honestly had a good time and we ate at McDonalds.. twice .. obviously his idea lol

It was the perfect afternoon for the kid and just the distraction i needed. Sorry for the long rant. Now i'm off to see my shrink and ask him to fill out the papers. Wish me luck that i'm "fit for duty" and can get back to work to pay for stupid things like rent, food and meds.

^
good luck, Oly. sounds like a fucked up scene at work. i totally understand how you feel about the ADA paperwork. but ADA is there for a reason, and sometimes you gotta claim what's yours.

have a great day, everyone.

Not feeling so hot today I'm not so sure why hopefully the day will get better

Feeling much more hopeful today. The morning is almost over and I am sticking to my taper plan. FWIW, I also had to fill out the ADA paperwork several years ago when my chronic pain issues were interfering with my job, in that I was taking a lot of time off. It turned out to be a positive... I had my work week hours reduced and then for the hours that I was not working due to my disability, I received 60% of my pay. I started with a small reduction in hours, and then my doctor requested a larger reduction. I was lucky in that my doctor was familiar with ADA issues, and knew how to fill out the paperwork to my benefit. Meaning, he did not document my injuries/issues as being so severe that my company could not make "reasonable" accommodations. Nobody messed with me b/c I was protected under the ADA. My boss, Human resources, etc.. could not say a word otherwise they would be out of compliance. Being it was for physical pain issues, and not mental illness, I felt no stigma although some co-workers would roll their eyes, etc... I think they were jealous of my work schedule. No matter. I felt it did offer me protection. Also, I had the upper hand if any of my confidential information was shared inappropriately. I could report my company to the proper authorities. Like Sim said "You gotta claim what is yours."
Everyone's situation is different, but just wanted to share my experience.
Totach: I hope your day is improving.
Congrats to all of you celebrating another day clean and sober, and welcome back Papa.

Wow, just read through this thread and its so inspiring seeing everyone going through what is such a difficult battle, mentally and/or physically. Really wishing everyone who's posted here the best of luck, you're all taking a step in the right direction, just remember to keep taking those steps one day at a time :) also to anyone who's going through shit right now just remember that its overcoming these moments in life that make us stronger people, and you have it in you to get through this.

Bit of background, I've been (ab)using Etizolam and other benzodiazepines (diazepam, clonazolam, many other RC benzos) since February 2014, with Etiz making up about 95% of my Benzo use overall. About 15/16 months in total. Was taking roughly 7-8mg s day and it was.getting to the stage where I was just feeling 'normal' off that and not even catching a buzz off them anymore. 1-2mg did sweet f all! Today will be Day 19 of not using Etizolam or any other drugs. It makes me so, SO happy to type that sentence out as since I started using the little blue devils early last year, I've never managed to go more than a week without instinctively opening up my baggie to pop a few. I didn't realise how difficult the cravings would be man, taking a pellet just felt as natural as opening your mouth for dinner or a drink, just felt perfectly natural. If you deny yourself food/water for too long it sends messages to your brain asking "why haven't you taken this thing yet, I feel deprived and like shit!" - it felt the same with etizolam, I couldn't even keep a few pills spare around for emergencies because id just end up eating it straight away without meaning to, without even thinking.

But today its almost like my brain has re-wired itself a bit - I'm managing to go for a bit of time without cravings or any irrational thoughts popping into my head. That's another thing that makes me smile :) its nice to think about other more important things rather than be obsessing about a drug all the time. I couldn't think about anything else but the mental suffering and cravings I was going through for the first ten days - holy helll they went by slowly. I'm still im quite a severe stage of withdrawing but at least I can think a bit more rationally now which makes me feel healthier in my mind.

Although I haven't gone through H withdrawal, the fact that people are saying they can't handle the boredom of dealing with.sobriety I completely empathise with. Ever since I first discovered drugs I've used them partly for a buzz but also partly to self-medicate and partly as something to do when I was bored and nothing else was good enough to cure the boredom. These 19 days have been difficult but necessary as I've been very self-analytical about myself, who I really am when I'm sober, what's next for me in life, and what do I want for the future. I've realised if I work hard and fight my demons, it will only make me stronger with a chance for a happy and successful future. I know I can do it, I just know I can :) and if someone like me, who has struggled with a very addictive personality alongside anxiety and depression can do it, I know anyone reading this can.

Thankyou to whoever read this all the way through!!

2 weeks today! I also went and picked up my uniform today and I start work on Sunday. I haven't had a job in like 3 years now so it will be nice to have some kind of outlet for all this nervous energy

Status
Not open for further replies.