MAPS Questions about psychedelic therapy

Divine_Moments

Greenlighter
Hey all! Before I start this post I would just like to introduce myself. I've been a lurker for quite some time, but have finally joined because I have some questions.

A little less than a year ago I went through a really traumatic event. I've had PTSD before, and amazingly enough I sucessfully conquered it through years of EMDR(Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
) I've been noticing an increase in the symptoms of PTSD recently due to the events that occurred about a year ago.

I've started doing research on MDMA for PTSD, and LSD/psilocybin for depression more extensively than I have in the past. It is definitely something I am interested in trying, with the help of an incredible friend whom I trust very much, and who is very experienced with all psychedelics.

When the symptoms really set in, I decided to stop using drugs recreationally, I almost feared it. Those fears were then only exacerbated by a bad trip in December. It wasn't as bad as I have previously experienced, but I took it as a definite sign to lay low for a while.

After lots of thinking, I feel confident that if I am with this person, and am very particular about setting, that it truly could be beneficial. Him and I have been tossing ideas back and forth, and I think we have a solid plan, but this would still not happen for a few months.

So, on to some questions.

I know that these eexperiences can be incredibly profound, but will I recieve the same results and benefits since I have previously used these drugs in very different ways than I now intend to use them?

I know that MDMA is very good for treating PTSD, but would LSD or psilocybin work in a similar way for PTSD? What about multiple sessions, with MDMA being first, to overcome the sense of fear and inability to trust. Then L or psilocybin being the last session to really get to the cause and process it in a different way?

Any other advice or experience would be very much appreciated! And I apologize if this post is too long.

Hello divine moments

im here to tell you yes lsd and psychobilin are currently being used to treat things such as ptsd depression chronic social anxiety ect ect if your friend is good with psychedelics trust him but always question i think he could help you with everything just get things such as dosage info the drug itself where to obtain the drug how often to use and how to handle it if so you should be set my friend thank you and have a good day!!!!

-Streetcow