• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chugging NyQuil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus_Tripper

Bluelighter
Is there enough of the antihistamine in a bottle or two of NyQuil to be dangerous? I am looking at some of the bottles of cough syrup I have and the NyQuil is tempting. I already chugged a DayQuil but it hasn't kicked in yet.

Dangerous? I'd worry about the delirium. Holy fuck man. I sure hope that NyQuil had no Acetaminophen in it or else you'd have raw-fucked your liver. You even chugged DayQuil that iirc has a stimulant in it? That'll sure cause a nasty body load.

Bro, get the Robo-Gels or DXM-only containing products next time before you go chugging cough syrup.

But high doses of anticholinergics I believe are toxic and have a bad strain on the body. I hope you're ok.

Pls report back

DayQuil has only DXM. NyQuil is laced with an antihistamine, but it isn't really that dangerous (at least not more harmful than a high dose of DPH). There are some kinds of 'Quil contain a poison that causes liver failure, but those can easily be avoided by reading the label and choosing a non-deadly product. I took one DayQuil and one NyQuil yesterday and was fine.

This was hilarious to read.. Never chug Quil period, never. Man up and go look for some real entertainment..

what kind of high are you trying to get out of DayQuil and NyQuil? Whatever drug you are getting from these can probably be purchased in a different product that doesn't have all that Tylenol. Try to look for the generic formulas, if you want dxm go for delsym, if you want diphenhydramine then buy it generic.

what kind of high are you trying to get out of DayQuil and NyQuil? Whatever drug you are getting from these can probably be purchased in a different product that doesn't have all that Tylenol. Try to look for the generic formulas, if you want dxm go for delsym, if you want diphenhydramine then buy it generic.

DayQuil and NyQuil are available without poison (tylenol).

the dxm in dayquil is low and i don't think theres any in nyquil, i don't think it is that lethal but still has high negative health effects. Plus you probably will not get any type of high, if i were you i would try and find a better drug out their. If your looking for DXM than just go to the pharmacy and pick up a cough medication with a higher volume of dxm.

the dxm in dayquil is low and i don't think theres any in nyquil, i don't think it is that lethal but still has high negative health effects. Plus you probably will not get any type of high, if i were you i would try and find a better drug out their. If your looking for DXM than just go to the pharmacy and pick up a cough medication with a higher volume of dxm.

You don't know what you are talking about. DayQuil is avalible as DXM-only and nyquil is avalible with just DXM+anti-alergy stuff. Both can get you very high.

Yeah there's dxm in Nyquil. About 30 mgs per capful iirc. But there's no point in drinking a nasty syrup when you can get robitussin gelcaps which are nothing but dxm and simply swallow a certain amount of them.

You'd probably also be consuming enough of that doxylamine succinate to get high on that alone, although I'm not sure what effect that'd have on the dxm...

Yeah there's dxm in Nyquil. About 30 mgs per capful iirc. But there's no point in drinking a nasty syrup when you can get robitussin gelcaps which are nothing but dxm and simply swallow a certain amount of them.

You'd probably also be consuming enough of that doxylamine succinate to get high on that alone, although I'm not sure what effect that'd have on the dxm...
Gelcaps are disgusting. I took them once and threw up in just a few minutes, only got 1st plateau effects, even though I took 600mg. I get zero nausea from syrup, plus it tastes great! Gelcaps are by far the worst way to take DXM.

Wow, why would you get sick from gelcaps? That's just DXM.

I always thought that people threw up from "robotrips" mostly because they drank a bunch of syrup...besides if it were from the DXM itself you'd expect that you'd vomit after consuming it via syrup anyway, right? Most people don't like the taste of cough syrup.

I too get sicker from gel caps than I do syrup, all my friends from high school experienced the same strangely enough. I've heard rumors about the gel coating containing inactives to deter abuse but I never cared to even look into it so like most "I heard" stories it's probably nonsense. I do know that the gel caps contain sorbitol which can cause gastric distress in high doses, perhaps this the detterant? Here's a list of inactives in robogels vs syrup. Not necessarily sure what the effects of high doses of sorbitol anhydride is...

Robitussin gel caps.
FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, medium chain triglycerides, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, sorbitol anhydrides

Robitussin cough, DXM only.
Alcohol, anhydrous citric acid, artificial & natural flavors, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, liquid glucose, menthol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate

Wow, why would you get sick from gelcaps? That's just DXM.

I always thought that people threw up from "robotrips" mostly because they drank a bunch of syrup...besides if it were from the DXM itself you'd expect that you'd vomit after consuming it via syrup anyway, right? Most people don't like the taste of cough syrup.

Gelcaps gel up in the stomach and they are full of sorbitol.

Dayquil Cough Suppressant - Available in Canada - Orange Bottle - Google: Dayquil Cough Suppressant

INGREDIENTS

Active Ingredient (in each 15 mL) (Purpose)
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg (Cough suppressant)
Inactive Ingredients
citric acid, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Yellow No. 6, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium Citrate
Other Information
• Each 15 mL contains: sodium 15 mg
• Store at room temperature
• Do not refrigerate

This is what the OP is talking about. I know this is necrotic but others will see this. I am sure you would be fine to chug this as there is nothing else of any real worry to a non diabetic.

Dayquil Cough Suppressant - Available in Canada - Orange Bottle - Google: Dayquil Cough Suppressant

INGREDIENTS

Active Ingredient (in each 15 mL) (Purpose)
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg (Cough suppressant)
Inactive Ingredients
citric acid, D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Yellow No. 6, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium Citrate
Other Information
• Each 15 mL contains: sodium 15 mg
• Store at room temperature
• Do not refrigerate

This is what the OP is talking about. I know this is necrotic but others will see this. I am sure you would be fine to chug this as there is nothing else of any real worry to a non diabetic.

You don't know that this is the formulation that OP has available. All you've done is picked a random formulation that contains DXM as if it is the only formulation out there. You go further to tell the OP that there is absolutely no danger in what he is doing. Nyquil is a poor choice for getting high on DXM because it contains several other ingredients typically.

"I am sure you would be fine to chug this..."

Dude. I can already see that you are going to be a problem. You seriously are going to get someone killed with this bullshit.

You don't know that this is the formulation that OP has available. All you've done is picked a random formulation that contains DXM as if it is the only formulation out there. You go further to tell the OP that there is absolutely no danger in what he is doing. Nyquil is a poor choice for getting high on DXM because it contains several other ingredients typically.

"I am sure you would be fine to chug this..."

Dude. I can already see that you are going to be a problem. You seriously are going to get someone killed with this bullshit.

It doesn't matter what formulation he has available, why? Because I stated the EXACT name of the one that has nothing else in it. I'm sure he is referring to it anyway, if not everyone knows the one that is safe now! I own it in my house, though I don't abuse it. So, yes you can chug this one with no issues other then dosage. Again it is literally called Dayquil Cough Suppressant and is the only one with that name in Canada. You need to step back and read a bit and stop being so aggressive bud. 8( Besides doing DXM is probably what is going to get someone killed, bullshit? No because people have died. Do your research and ask around, don't be a Debby Downer like Keif.

That may be the formulation where you live but in the U.S. both Dayquil and Nyquil contain acetaminophen. You bumped an old thread to tell someone it's okay to go ahead and chug a bottle of this but please be careful with the advice you're giving. Keep in mind that we are a harm reduction community.

Status
Not open for further replies.