• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Shrooms vs. LSD - Which is More Likely to Induce a BAD TRIP?

Lucid Dixon

Greenlighter
Well, what do you think?
Ive taken both many different times and never had a BAD trip. Some trips were better than others of course but never anything terrible.
Which of these two psychedelics do you think are more likely to cause someone to have a bad trip? I know it all depends on the person as well, but take that out and put the two drugs on the table. I'm pretty sure the common person would just say acid was more likely to cause a bad trip because of the more friendly and natural light that people look at mushrooms in. But what do YOU think? Have you had any bad trips?
Just a curious soul. Let me know

Neither. The set and setting will :)

but some do claim that shrooms are more unpredictable....

Mushrooms, natural psychedelics are extremely powerful (honestly LSD can be pretty mild and mellow compared to mushrooms) if they were taken care of and are as close to "pure" as you can get, people think natural is 'safer' but it all comes down to your mindset at the time. I have tripped and mixed many of things and I only had 1 "bad trip" and that was on some fire mushrooms but short lived (felt like a while).

But honestly, eat em both!!!

Last edited:
I say both, but I've tripped harder on shrooms so I'm going to say shrooms.
Is real acid even still around?

Mushrooms are for sure more unpredictable. My two bad trips were from 3 blotters 25I-NBOMe (passed off as acid) and from 3.5 grams of fire mushrooms. I've done tons of LSD and never had a real bad trip, and yes it's still around.

Always found acid is more likely to overwhelm you - often because you've no idea what dose you're taking whereas with mushrooms you always know the dose.

Is real acid even still around?

Tons of it on the darknet and cheaper than it's ever been.

Mushrooms are for sure more unpredictable. My two bad trips were from 3 blotters 25I-NBOMe (passed off as acid) and from 3.5 grams of fire mushrooms. I've done tons of LSD and never had a real bad trip, and yes it's still around.

3,5 g of dried cubensis is a really high dose. No wonder you had a hard time. Back when the dried cubensis were legally sold in the Netherlands, the recommended doses was to take about 1-2g per person. They were sold in 3,5g packs, but still it wasn't recommended to eat a full pack alone - if one wasn't an experienced user and willing to push it to the limit.

One or two normal ~50-80 mic trips are way less intense, compared to 3,5g of dried cubensis. Obviously you had a better time on acid........

I really don't get why people are dosing so high with mushrooms. A gram can be a really beautiful and full experience, while 3,5g would kind of immobilize me for like two hours.

Ehh I've eaten 600 micrograms of acid and it still wasn't as intense enough to the point of calling it a bad trip. Mushrooms are just more powerful when it comes to inducing a freaky ego-death trip ime.

The physical side of mushrooms is a lot stronger, that's what i meant with, would immobilize me. It is way more harder hitting on the cardiovascular system.

I think that's one reason for bad trips. Because when you feel physical unwell and unstable, your mind will probably wont feel well either. From my perspective, these freaky feeling is more kind of a physical feeling. Acid also releases dopamine and therefore is more "speedy" and easy on the body - and mind. Like you would combine mushrooms with amphetamine.

By dosing lower, it gets way more gentle. There is really no need to push it to the limits with mushrooms. Back when mushrooms where legal, in my circle everybody had its first psychedelic experience on mushrooms and nobody had any problems in the 1-2 g range. And there where a lot of experiences. Actually nobody even bothered to push it further.

I don't know where this attitude is from, that one has to take an 1/8 for a "good" experience. Problems will just start by pushing the dose to high. The dutch guys writing the package leaflet on the mushrooms packs knew their business extremely well. These guys were professionals and they knew why they didn't suggested such a high dose.......

LSD definitely. It's a strong dopamine agonist, psilocin isn't. This makes it far more likely to trigger anxiety, mania and psychosis in those susceptible.

I say this as someone who prefers LSD.

Any strong psych can induce bad trips as the OP pointed out, but with shrooms and lsd, the duration differences might end up mattering to some people. I do think lsd is the more difficult one, but that's just ime and can (and should) be different to others.

It's been a LONG time since I've done that shit, but I would say acid is more predictable. Obviously either can give you a bad trip but like someone else said I found mushrooms to be more unpredictable. I actually preferred acid back in the day I think because I found it more introspective.

Ehh I've eaten 600 micrograms of acid...
just out of interest, how do you measure that?

i tend to agree with potatoman.

for me, the quantitative difference between the two is negligible. i'm also unusual inasmuch as, for me, there's not a huge qualitative difference between the two. for me, the trips are more similar than they are different.

alasdair

Mushrooms are more psychological. Acid is full-spectrum.

That is to say that .5g of mushrooms will slightly play with your mind.

1/2 hit of acid will slightly affect your sight, taste, smell, hearing, and tactile senses.

I'd say mushrooms. They cause massive confusion even at lower doses for me.

I find mushrooms tend more towards the emotional personal and even traumatic ego-loss experience. Whereas when it goes south on acid it's more about insanity and not coming back - both can be just as 'bad' but bad mushroom trips i find more unpleasant (though probably more cathartic for it when the comedown kicks in). Close friends think the opposite though. It's probably down to which one you have a bad trip on first i'd say (if any)