• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV oc weaker near non effective vs iv

tacodude

Bluelighter
IV oc weaker near non effective vs nasal

How come it takes 150 mg oxycodone iv to feel it iv, but with 15 mg made into a line and put up the nose can have me nodding. Does it have to do with nasally the oc gets metabolized differently before entering the blood stream that iv bypasses by going directly to the blood stream. I'd appreciate any info or other experiences that relate.

Last edited:
If ur using Oxy 0P's maybe your extracting/cutting it down wrong and its gelling and your not getting the dosage you think IV.

They're metabolized the same if you snort or IV them... what's your IV technique like? It sounds like you're not dissolving all the oxy.

Either way with oxycodone you should be able to eat the things whole and be nodding in 15 minutes anyway... it's got really good oral absorption.

But if you find snorting works better than IV for you, i'd stick to sniffing them... it's less risk of blood borne isease exposure and all the nasty stuff that comes with IV.

I feel you seiko.... It's odd... I know I got all the oc in my solutions making sure liquid ran through the filler slush at least twice mixing up 4 pills in a mixer maximum collecting the water from one cooker and using it on the next. I would get 1 ml full and it would be noticeable, but not as much as nasal did. I am just curious if it's everyone or just me.

Oxycodone shouldn't be injected, the risk:reward ratio is so beyond fucked up just take them orally the BA is beyond adequate. If you're looking for a drug that produces a rush, don't shoot 150mg of oxycodone trying to force it into producing effects it doesn't possess... Other opiates possess a lot of power when IV'd, but oxycodone isn't one of them. No matter how hard you try.

Yea you're right.... Just wanted to make sure it was not just me who noticed this.

If 15mg up the nose gets you nodding then why would you even try to IV 150mg? that sounds like a suicide attempt to me.

Oxycodone shouldn't be injected, the risk:reward ratio is so beyond fucked up just take them orally the BA is beyond adequate. If you're looking for a drug that produces a rush, don't shoot 150mg of oxycodone trying to force it into producing effects it doesn't possess... Other opiates possess a lot of power when IV'd, but oxycodone isn't one of them. No matter how hard you try.

Ehhhh.... I hear what you're saying tricomb. Oxycodone IR has an extremely quick oral onset and relatively high oral BA (dependent on certain factors...) but you still get an instant onset of 100% BA when you IV them. Especially 150mg of oxycodone IV'd at once, the onset is so quick and powerful that many users would swear it's a rush. Not trying to resurrect an old argument, but not everyone IVs drugs looking for a rush.

I.E. if I was in serious pain and you picked up my Oxy Rx for me from the pharmacy, when you get home, for goodness sake.... don't feed em to me.... hit me right in the neck with em. After they've been micron filtered of course ;)

I used to shoot roxicodone through a 0.2um micron filter.... over time, even with textbook IV technique it was not worth the toll it took on my veins. For people looking for instant relief with an IV, oxycodone ain't the drug for the job. Even when I'd inject a large dose of oxycodone the relief in my chronic pain was only minor to moderate at best, and definitely not worth putting steel through skin. $0.02

If 15mg up the nose gets you nodding then why would you even try to IV 150mg? that sounds like a suicide attempt to me.

Yeah like whatttt I'm completely confused.

What makes the most sense to me is that they tried to IV 150mg of OxyContin and since the time release / anti abuse mechanism was likely not broken, probably only a fraction of the 150mg ended up getting into their solution let alone into the body.....

Don't ask... I know what I can handle and built my way up over the course of a couple days. I don't recommend anyone who doesn't have a level of familiarity with their tolerance to try the same amount. That being said it still was surprisingly underwhelming

Edit : remember tricomb I'm talking ir I washed thoroughly. Injection of the ER pills let alone the op abuse proof is just asking to die faster.

either you succumbed to a strong case of the placebo effect when you snorted them or you didn't dissolve the pills correctly, those are pretty much the only options. Unless your tolerance is so crazy you can jump from getting high off 15mg snorted then two days later not getting shit off of 150mg through a needle. Did you have a large opiate habit at one point?

I did the injection days before railing the roxi. I know I rinsed them right as I felt them, but honestly wouldn't nod. I just thought it was weird railing would lead to a nod with fifteen, but never nod with a shot only getting a minor rush at 150 mg where anything less would just feel like relief. Just bewilders me

Edit : I'll add I did at least four separate 100+ mg shots while the rest would be 30-60 on average

I'll also add my tolerance is about 4-8 mg iv hydromorphone for medical to recreation dose.

I did the injection days before railing the roxi. I know I rinsed them right as I felt them, but honestly wouldn't nod. I just thought it was weird railing would lead to a nod with fifteen, but never nod with a shot only getting a minor rush at 150 mg where anything less would just feel like relief. Just bewilders me

Edit : I'll add I did at least four separate 100+ mg shots while the rest would be 30-60 on average

I'll also add my tolerance is about 4-8 mg iv hydromorphone for medical to recreation dose.

None of that makes sense. Four separate 100mg shots of IV oxycodone should put down close to anyone so you did a 100mg shot on four separate occasions I'm gonna assume. tolerance of 4-8mg Ivd hydromorphone....... Only thing I can say is that Oxy is so much more stimulating you can't nod as easy. But your numbers still don't add up. 4mg of hydromorphone gets you off but 100mg of oxycodone won't?? Very weird How are you getting to 100mg anyway... Three and one third blues?

/confused

A dear friend of mine who is in Heaven now used to shoot way more than 100mg per shot, trust me chase, im talking way more than 3 blues at once... if someone really wants to and are so confident that they're going to do such a large dose and be fine, unfortunately, it is indeed very possible.

@tacodude, sorry for the misunderstanding before i gotchu now.

A dear friend of mine who is in Heaven now used to shoot way more than 100mg per shot, trust me chase, im talking way more than 3 blues at once... if someone really wants to and are so confident that they're going to do such a large dose and be fine, unfortunately, it is indeed very possible.

@tacodude, sorry for the misunderstanding before i gotchu now.

Prayers for your friend's soul, tri.

I was asking how to break down Oxy ir to get 100mg... 3 and 1/3 30mg roxies I'm assuming. I've done 180mg shots of Oxy but I'd never go back to Oxy for any reason. I've been off all opiates for a while now. Hard life to live addicted to this shit man...

As I said I washed 4 15 mg in one cooker, than another, and one more. After washing the first one I'd use the same water on the next. Fresh sterilfilt on each. It's very unlikely I did not get 100+ mg into a shot.

If you have a friend who injects roxys it might be interesting to have them use your extraction technique and report back to you on their experience. I always injected my roxys and found it FAR superior to snorting them... now I just mix some talc into my heroin... 'cause I'm a risk-taker.