• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How do YOU think when You're high?

anti150

Bluelighter
Im curious, how do you guys think/operate stoned. What goes through your mind and how do you think differently than your sober self?

When I'm high on cannabis, It gets me to either stop thinking or think a lot (depending on the strain). Indicas give me more of a sleepy warm high, comparable to a low dose of hydrocodone. It gets me more comfortable with the people I'm around, but if i smoke too much I'll get paranoid and start wanting to be alone. I like to just smoke indica with a buddy and chill for a while. . Weed rocks.

Last edited:
My thoughts speed up and get deeper in complexity. I usually have lots of "great" ideas that I almost always forget. Like brilliant ideas man. Jeez

I operate extremely slowly and basic functioning is a task. I can easily be the laughing stock as I really do get retarded on weed. Very sleepy too but I don't get much sleep so I attribute it to that.

I usually get very calm and talkative. I feel this immense warm feeling that makes me really happy, relaxed with lots of love.
The world becomes pretty colorful and nothing bothers me. I am also generous and like you a bit sleepy too.
I laugh all the time. Fun and contagious laughs ..

On the first smoke of the day^ that's me everytime until I smoke more

This may sound a bit polemic but I feel I'm a better person when I'm high. It seems I get everything right and really connect.

If i smoke indica im still able to function normally but am more relaxed with that warm 'body high' type of feeling, but smoking too much mid will give me a headache.
LOUD on the other hand, i have to take it slow ? i will start tripping and getting paranoid if i smoke to much. But i think this is because im always in a setting where weed is NOT accepted. In a more relaxed environment I handle it much better .

This may sound a bit polemic but I feel I'm a better person when I'm high. It seems I get everything right and really connect.

I feel you 100% man. Makes me a lot nicer even when i want to be in a bad mood.

When I'm high I think about

Well so anyways let me tell you how I think

Ok, wwait, let me tell you what I think when I'm high.

or something like that.

I am creative when I'm high. But, I usually smoke indica so I sit on the couch, watch tv, and eat haha.

I think more linearly when I'm high.
I was never diagnosed with it but I feel like I have ADD tendance and it feels like when sober, my brain tries to pick information in weird orders and I find it very hard to concentrate. I guess it slows down my mind in a way and silences the background noise going on in my brain.

Sometimes it can seem like it takes controll of my inner voice; but it never seems to say anything that I wouldn't anyways, not ussually. And if it does, I ussually find myself entertained by it.

how marijuana affects thought process intrigues me a LOT... it sure feels COMPLETELY different to think when high (i feel like the main effect of it for me is changing some things in thought process), but i never could put my finger on it, figure out what exactly it is

i've noticed though that i'm only able to focus on the present moment when high, also i become more self-centered - it makes me think a lot and too much in my own head. it also feels like it speeds up thoughts, and slows down everything else. i can easily end up thinking about one million things and do absolutely nothing... standing still with a huge grin on my face

weed is weird as fuck lol

AS opposed to soberity in the sense of no THC and etc in my blood stream i am not very pleasent to be around under the effects of the plant i notice a better mood with thoughts changing from fuck this mother fucker to ahhh well hes trying to do this and feel empathy in away and understanding....i bealive it makes us thunk deeper and with that keep it smoking:)

I operate extremely slowly and basic functioning is a task. I can easily be the laughing stock as I really do get retarded on weed.

I know that feeling, I don't really pay attention to how slow I'm operating until someone points it out.

i can easily end up thinking about one million things and do absolutely nothing... standing still with a huge grin on my face

weed is weird as fuck lol
This made me LOL. Litterally. haha.
I used to get like that back when marijuana was new to me. Now it has quite the opposite effect 90% of the time

I have lapses though sometimes if I am tired+high. It will make it so I cannot seem to remember how to perform basic commands. Someone will ask for something and I'll be like, "Sure!... what?"

I'd also like to add that I feel as if it is helping me to learn when it is necessary to um... "Give a fuck" I guess.
I used to have a hard time recognizing when it is appropriate to state an opposing opinion on certain subjects, often getting in fights with people over things that really don't matter to me personally. Mostly at work.
It's much easier now for me to know when all I need to say is "K."

Choose your battles so to speak

When I'm high I think about

Well so anyways let me tell you how I think

Ok, wwait, let me tell you what I think when I'm high.

or something like that.

This...oh wait I'm stoned hahahaha..what was I saying? I'm going to listen to some live music like phish, the dead, or Allmans, and eat some food...
---
That's how I would think when I used to smoke herb.

Last edited:
I sometimes become a little spaced out and stupid (for lack of a better term). I could easily make a fool of myself if I don't just collect myself and remember that I'm on a drug. Usually it's all good after that, I'm just a little quieter.

I definitely like being around people more, if I'm alone I'll just think myself to death.