• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos when does physical depednace set in.

rc_benzo

Bluelighter
I've been using flubromazoLAM for 3 days. The first time I carelessly consumed 0.75mg and blacked out, but I also I noticed that tolerance builds instantly to is stuff. Next day after first time, I took 0.75mg it had no effect. It's potency is: 1mg Flubromazolam = 80mg Diazepam. I'm using between 1mg to 1.25mg. 4 days ago I had no benzo tolerance at all.
Now 1mg (80mg Diazepam) makes me feel normal,
When will I become physically dependent on it?

Last edited:
I've been on Xanax for over 2 years now. In the beginning I thought I could take it for consecutive days and be just fine, and you can up to a certain point. For me in only took about a week, then I skipped a day and that night couldn't sleep at all and had to be up at 4:30am to get ready for work.... So I hopped out of bed and popped a 1mg Xanax and fell right asleep obviously. Everyday from there on I have taken Xanax. I almost feel that if I had just white knuckled it through that night that possibly even the next night I could have slept fine but I was weak and gave in. My advice would be to stop while you're ahead. Benzo withdrawal is a bitch from what I hear(I've never even tried to stop), but I think the worst part will be the sleepless nights. Considering it's only been 3 days for you, it shouldn't be hard. Just be strong and don't give up like I did. Good luck.

I was hooked on 8mg of klonopin for 5 years along with 16mg of suboxone. I would say that benzo addiction is as bad if not worse than opiate addiction. After a while it made me so depressed I wanted to commit suicide and thought about it constantly. I had a dr. feelgood that would write me as many as I needed, which sounds good but becomes hell as you need to fix yourself 100% on will power.

I wound up in a psych ward after 5 days in a detox. I was hallucinating all types of shit with a generous taper. I'm so glad I was able to get help as I would not be here if I had not. The detox sucked balls and it took me 5 months or so to feel normal again but I didn't relapse and am not planning on it.

I would flush the rest of your rc benzo's and say good riddence. If you think what your going through is bad, wait until your having a psychotic episode and they won't acknowledge your benzo dependence because they are rc's. It's not a matter of will it happen more like when. Trust me it only gets WORSE!

I would say that physical dependence comes on different for each person. When I was a benzo virgin I could binge for a month and be fine. After binging for 2 months I was done. The problem your in is that there is no scientific evidence for your benzo. So for all anyone knows it can/could be allot more addictive. Just say no ;)

Ok, thanks for the advices. I will definitely stop using it for this week. Yeah, this flubromazolam stuff is extremely potent and has a 100 hour half life, and it's very different from other benzos, you can read my experiences of it here and here. I suffer from anxiety (GAD and SAD) and I still have to occasionally use a benzo. But now I will use proper prescription benzos like Xanax or Klonopin, or maybe Pyrazolam because it's pretty much identical in effects to Ativan.

I noticed rebound anxiety after 2 consecutive days of use. Insomnia follows shortly thereafter. You probably won't have any severe withdrawal issues after 3 days of use, but it's probably time to take a break. Like I said, I start noticing some mild symptoms after just a couple days and they only become worse until they eventually become unbearable. Your breaking point is obviously going to be different from any other person, but there comes a point where you won't have an easy time "white knuckling" through the discomfort and you'll be stuck taking benzos just to feel comfortable. I'd suggest taking a couple days off for every couple days on, and, if possible, try to avoid consecutive days, period.

Yes, I woke up this morning very anxious and uncomfortable. And then later on I had a panic attack and took a 1mg, and I was back to normal. I think these very potent benzos like flubromazolam have huge rebound anxiety. I will stop taking this for a week, and later on I will use something like Pyrazolam or prescription benzos to occasionally manage my anxiety.

Last edited:
in the past i have used 1mg of klonopin or 1mg of xanax a day for several (2-6) weeks at a time daily and got off with barely any symptoms...this was before i was aware of forums and info on the internet etc.. however i will mention that i did override the slight uncomfortable feeling, which would be mostly brain fog during those days for me, with oxycodone. i did these stints of 4 - 6 weeks of usage a 4 - 5 times. i think each one of these that slight uncomfortable feeling got a little. i also noticed that every time i started taking them again i was fearing getting off of them more and more and my the unpleasant symptoms associated with jumping off them came on quicker with every run, the runs also got shorter 1 by 1. like on my first 2 runs might've been 5-6 weeks. then next ones 4. 5th one might've been 3 actually and that's when i became very aware of the symptoms and had googled everything etc. by the 6th time or so i actually withdrawaled somewhat. i was still able to sleep with help of opiates but i was at the point where the brain fog started causing very unpleasant feeling, also had a bit of anxiety and got anti-social. also felt like i wasn't able to hear quite right, like something was interfering with my perception, it got me very agitated in a way.
these are my experiences based on a lower (or moderate dose) .. ~1mg... some days it would be a little more, some days it might've just been .75mg or so.
now, on the 6th time i did this i got back on 1mg of klonopin daily in the evening... after about a week or so i was already scared to just jump off because i have encountered some degree of brain fog in between these little stints i had from 2 - 4 days of consecutive usage. so i kept procrastinating getting off of them for a couple more days, at which point i still could've done it without it interfering with my life too bad. but because i kept procrastinating the unpleasantness i ended up staying on them until this day. i'm at 2mg of klonopin or 20mg valium nightly now and i keep xanax around for when i go out or i absolutely need some anxiety relief for whatever reason, but it has to be important and i don't do this a lot at all in order to not mess with my tolerance. usually when i don't increase dosages my tolerance doesn't go up. the only reason i went up to 2mg of klonopin or 20mg of valium a day is because there was 3 month period in which i was unable to get klonopin or valium, or any long acting benzo for that matter. i switched to xanax for that time and they were the green endo bars you can only break into 3rds not 4ths. i noticed that i have to dose xanax twice a day to avoid withdrawals because of the short halflife after being on them for like a week and wondering what the hell is wrong with me. so i couldn't break the right dosage of the bar and kept taking around .65 - .8mg of xanax twice a day, breaking off roughly a third (a generous third) of a bar every time, during a super anxious phase in my life with a lot of stuff going bad so i had a lot more of the occasional extra dose. so once i got my klonopins and valiums again i immediately switched to 2mg or 20mg respectively, because for some odd reason i thought that's what my current xanax dose would translate to... i do want to reduce to 1mg kpins or 10mg valium eventually, but again, when it comes to stopping drugs, i'm a heavy procrastinator. sorry for the long post, just thought i'd share
either way, this goes back to what smitty posted... stop while you're ahead.... i hate the fact i didn't after a week of use when i could've easily still done it without it being a big deal...

Flubromazolam is an awful choice of benzo if you're worried about dependency.
The tolerance climb is astronomical, as you noticed, and only gets worse. I've had pretty major benzo problems before, and I'm currently on the precipice of developing another, but F-Lam takes the piss, or at least did with me. I started at 1mg and got decent effects, not mind-blowing but heavy sedation and coordination issues, quickly became enamored and ended up using almost daily (the half-life meant I could skip days here and there without really noticing). The WD absolutely sucked, worse than any other benzo and truly rivaling that of good ol' Ethanol. The amnesia is also pretty significant and I have a good few months I can't remember much of, though the co-morbid stimulant and opioid use probably contributed.
After about 2 months of use, if I didn't have 4mg under my tongue by 7am, I was in for the Hell that is GABA WD.
I did a rapid taper from 10mg to 5mg over the course of a week, stabilised for another week, then dropped to 1mg a day the next week. The hardest bit was actually dropping below 1mg, and the WD lasts for what seems like an eternity.

Even now, I won't touch the shit again, and I would honestly advise others to do the same.

Hard to say... I think it depends on a lot of factors.
People who actually need benzos for medical reasons (e.g. severe anxiety or muscle spasms) are more at risk of becoming dependent on them than recreational users.

Earlier on this year, one of my friends went through a phase where he was eating 50-120mg Valium every single day for 1-2 months. He ran out a month ago and has never reported (or showed signs of) any withdrawal symptoms. Fuck knows how but he tapered down to about 20mg per day during the last week, then went cold-turkey.

During this period, I was also using it fairly heavily (10-20mg 4-5 times per week). I ran out after 2 months and never noticed any withdrawal symptoms.

That said, I do believe benzodiazepines are the most addictive GABA-ergics out there. Looking at the reports they seem to have a higher dependence liability than GHB, Soma or alcohol.