• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed give you euphoria?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I have never gotten euphoria from weed, actually most the time it's dysphoric for me. I never got what the huge deal was, I was definitly enjoying it at one point, but it still wasn't nearly as good as any other drug I've tried. If anything I was more addicted to the ritual of buying it, staring at it, rolling it up, and stealthily smoking it than I was to the high. Anyone out there get genuine euphoria out of weed that would be at least on par (but clearly not the same) with a low dose of weaker opiates?

I'm not sure how you are defining "euphoria".

Is any kind of a good head high considered euphoria or is it a particular type of high?

If it is what I think it is then yeah I get euphoria from weed but ESPECIALLY from smoking weed after drinking and most of all after getting drunk on good red wine cause I think it's the headiest alcohol.

That's my favorite way to do it, get drunk on high quality italian red wine and then smoke afterwards and I get really euphoric.

If not for the calories and liver damage I'd never get high without drinking actually.

By euphoria I mean a state in which you feel content with any task and your mood is improved to one as if you just accomplished something good. It's more commonly described as an inflated sense of wellbeing. I'm talking only about head highs.

I love red wine too lol, it's been far too long.

Thanks you kindly for the swift response

^^^^

I wouldn't say I get exactly that kind of feeling from weed.

That's kind of how I feel on Kratom or shrooms.

I've never tried opiates other than legally prescribed Tylenol-3's; and they only dulled some arthritis pain. Also, no need to stealthy smoke since I have my own house.

But yeah, when I smoke, I get euphoric. All the time.

What euphoria is to me, might not be the same for you though. I get a disconnected, random, wildly chaotic blankness. To me, that is euphoria. And pot gives that.

Tom

In the beginning I got a near-opiate level euphoria, being rather naive at that time and starting with bong rips. Tolerance changed that over time, though.

Yes I have. Try smoking, vaping, or eating a Sativa/Sativa dominant strain of herb or hash.

Last edited:
Usually the first smoke of the day gives me an amazing euphoria. For the rest of the day I'm still getting blazed and feeling great, but not as euphoric as the first smoke... Herb always makes me happy though :)

Dabs give me great euphoria. Usually to get good euphoria from flower, I have to smoke a ton. I think its a tolerance issue.

I get euphoria, but it's not the kind of boner-inducing, sexually arousing euphoria I usually attribute the word to, like I might find with amphetamines and certain psychedelics. Marijuana euphoria is a quick descending fog of spaciness that obscures certain kinds of pain and anxiety, and in that absence, mild euphoria can be felt.

Weed definitely gives me euphoria. Like a warm tingly face melt sensation in the right set and setting.

When I'm out with friends it's a spacey giddy slow high but when I smoke alone it's the most euphoric as I usually listen to music. I guess that's due to dose unless u smoke a lot in a session with friends.

Weed and alcohol is also very euphoric as when mixed with lots of other drugs.

When I smoke good weed it's like 15mins-1hr's worth of solid opiate like euphoria without the nod. Depending on ROA and dose. After that the other cannabinoids set in and counter act the THC buzz.

Oral route with a long lasting euphoria when made right.

Weed with little CBD and such can leave me sort of with a neutral kind of stimulant excited ness like from caffeine.

It depends on the scenario for me. Yes I have achieved profound senses of euphoria from marijuana (uncontrollable laughter, blissful paralization etc) but it is not consistent. Other times the high maybe just be limited to a body buzz or floaty feeling, or it can be psychedelic.

Euphoria was more pronounced in the first days I tried it, something like 8 years ago. It was very easy to smoke a bowl and get lost in laughter at everything. Me and my regular buddies all experienced this; in fact there may be a psychological aspect to it.
I'm more likely to achieve euphoric senses if I am with friends.

It has given me euphoric highs and other times it hasn't. It really just depends on the strain and person in my honest opinion. Lucky for me I like smoking. I like the way it feels to hit a pipe, bong, blunt, ect. I like the way it tastes and the way it smells when i smoke. The high just happens to be a side effect. A side effect I'm most certainly not complaining about. LOL

at first it gave me euphoria. Nowadays it's just certain strains that do

It has given me euphoric highs and other times it hasn't. It really just depends on the strain and person in my honest opinion. Lucky for me I like smoking. I like the way it feels to hit a pipe, bong, blunt, ect. I like the way it tastes and the way it smells when i smoke. The high just happens to be a side effect. A side effect I'm most certainly not complaining about. LOL

This is kinda how I feel now about vaporizing but I didn't particularity feel that way about smoking. I enjoy it, but there has always just been this kinda.. dirty feeling to it. And it hurts my lungs. Vaping tastes so much better, just the aromatic experience of it alone is.. kinda addicting.
Of course I'm using it for the psychoactive effect, don't get me wrong. I enjoy almost all aspects of the effects (aside from some minor side effects)[lol rhymed]
As I stated in an earlier post, euphoria seems to be linked to set/setting in a psychological way. I find all of it very intriguing

Depends... weed some effects of weed are very predictable while it seems even after nearly 8 years of smokin I'm still caught off guard by some of it's effects.

As far as euphoria goes... I think it has a lot to do with my environment, mental state, and emotional state. With friends who aren't afraid to laugh at whatever, talk and giggle stupidly- then much more euphoric. If i'm around people who are trying to be the "cool" kids and keep it straight(or around sober people...), then I get anxious and uncomfortable, at times panicky.

When I'm by myself, relaxed, in a safe environment and with really good music going then smoking weed can be highly euphoric, addictive even I'd go as far to say. Chain smoking joints during these times is something I have to stop myself from doing. When I smoke, I become much more in tune with my surroundings- whatever it may be, but on an internal level.

Depends... weed some effects of weed are very predictable while it seems even after nearly 8 years of smokin I'm still caught off guard by some of it's effects.

As far as euphoria goes... I think it has a lot to do with my environment, mental state, and emotional state. With friends who aren't afraid to laugh at whatever, talk and giggle stupidly- then much more euphoric. If i'm around people who are trying to be the "cool" kids and keep it straight(or around sober people...), then I get anxious and uncomfortable, at times panicky.

When I'm by myself, relaxed, in a safe environment and with really good music going then smoking weed can be highly euphoric, addictive even I'd go as far to say. Chain smoking joints during these times is something I have to stop myself from doing. When I smoke, I become much more in tune with my surroundings- whatever it may be, but on an internal level.