• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ritalin use for study

Random__bladmin

Ex-Bluelighter
I am going through school and I am about to take some major exams and I want to revise but I have the attention span of a baby the only way I can study is by smoking some weed and doing it but then I forget everything i learn in two minutes.So I am thinking i might take Ritalin to help me study is this a good idea ? What dosage would you recommend ? I will be taking it every weekend for 4 weeks but I am not worried about addiction because I am very strong willed + I have taken stuff like morphine and had no problem stopping use of that, [no price discussion]
tldr;
i might take Ritalin to help me study is this a good idea?
What dosage would you recommend ?
[price discussion]

Thanks for your help =)

Last edited by a moderator:
In canada it is [no price discussion] depending on the strength. It is called "concerta". There is also "Aderall" which is a bit different but is the same type of drug. I usually bust up the pills (after removing the coating), and then snort them. Your focus is enhanced, and you also get an energy burst. I love using concerta or aderall to focus, jus don't over do it. A good starting dose would be a 36mg concerta (methylphenidate), or 10mg adderal (amphetamine / dextroamphetamine). You could just eat them if you want, but snorting them hits you quicker and harder. I don't know how the pills are made in the u.k, but in canada they make it very hard to abuse them so they wax coat the pill so its hard to crush up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Concerta the previous poster is mentioning is really just extended release Ritalin and that's why his has a shell if you're confused OP. I personally think immediate release tablets are WAY better for studying. Also not sure i'd recommend snorting them for studying either, while most people say it's more fun, i actually find it much harder to study if you do that because it would hit harder, end sooner, and crash harder giving only a short time frame for homework and even when it's peaking you're going to want to do other more exciting things instead of homework if snorted.

My recomendation, take 10 to 20 mg immediate release the normal way (swallowing the pill) and start doing homework. Peaks at an hour, lasts about 4. Very jittery and energetic feeling but that's what makes you want to study. Drink an energy drink with it if writing a report and the paper will be done in no time but it may give you a stomach ache/cramps if you have a weak stomach. It won't be too addictive unless you binge hard on it and even then it's more of a mental addiction because you become afraid of the crash and that's what makes you want more.

But yes, it works amazingly for studying. I wouldn't have passed high school if i wasn't prescribed Ritalin in my senior year. Finished my senior project (6 page paper, long powerpoint, speech in front of board of education, and hosted a field trip) in two days once i had the prescription and that was after procrastinating for 6 months due to undiagnosed ADHD.

I will not say the price however but know it shouldn't cost a lot. Not very expensive at all.

Also, mallingkrodt (sp?) is more energetic and coke-ish while Sandoz is much smoother. I prefer sandoz but i have a friend who prefers the opposite, that's just been my experience though. Others opinions may vary and i don't know the british brands.

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) or the extended release version is manufactured to calm down hyperactive children. The coke-ish element is apparently true; depending on your genetic makeup.
It's basically a synthetic version of cocaine as a DARI (dopamine reuptake inhibitor)
Their may be a psychosomatic notion due to the fact your taking a heavy duty stimulant.
It works for many people; but for me paradoxically it sends me to sleep.
Modafinil (Provigil) does work and won't destroy your brain cells in the process, just don't count on sleeping.
Vyvanse is another option as an extend release of amphetamine.
It's just odd to me that Adderall (L-isomer and D-isomer amphetamine) is manufactured in the UK but totally unavailable.
Dexedrine ( Just the D-isomer of amphetamine) is much cleaner and available on prescription, this is easily abused as it does have euphoria in the early stages.

Ritalin is a very nice stimulant. It's not as strong as amphetamine but quite a bit stronger than ephedrine (and much smoother/nicer). To me it feels easier on the brain and body than both. The fact that methylphenidate is the most commonly prescribed CNS stimulant drug in the world leads me to believe it is one of the least harmful and addictive.

It's quite potent as well - if the stuff you have is instant release then I would recommend 10-20mg. I started with one 10mg pill, then took another about an hour after. Occasionally I take 30mg but I feel like any more than that would be counterproductive.

Modafinil is my stimulant of choice. I use Ritalin when I want a bit more of a kick up the ass.

Ritalin is a very nice stimulant. It's not as strong as amphetamine but quite a bit stronger than ephedrine (and much smoother/nicer). To me it feels easier on the brain and body than both. The fact that methylphenidate is the most commonly prescribed CNS stimulant drug in the world leads me to believe it is one of the least harmful and addictive.

It's quite potent as well - if the stuff you have is instant release then I would recommend 10-20mg. I started with one 10mg pill, then took another about an hour after. Occasionally I take 30mg but I feel like any more than that would be counterproductive.

Modafinil is my stimulant of choice. I use Ritalin when I want a bit more of a kick up the ass.
Have you used modafinil as a revision aid ?

If you must take it, take 5-10mg orally at the most, and make sure you don't have any heart/blood pressure issues before you take it. A large dose of caffeine without the Ritalin may help you as well.

I find Ritalin actually stops me from thinking as well as I do normally. I'm ADHD and was scripted it years ago, asked to stop after 2 weeks because it wasn't helping me study and I just didn't feel like me anymore.