• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos One week of benzo use, withdrawal possibility?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
Long story short im still on phenibut. Around 3 grams daily for 6 months followed by a taper that has gotten me down to 1.7g a day at this point.
No matter how slow I taper I'm getting pretty bad symptoms. There's a constant pressure in my head. My anxiety is getting worst by the day, and in general I'm just feeling weird as fuck.
I'm about to just jump off cold turkey. I cannot find gabapentin and I don't trust ordering it from some sketchy site in India. I have 4 2mg xanax bars and 5 2mg klonopin. I usually take my phenibut at 3pm. I figure I'll just pop 1mg of kpin instead, followed by 1mg of xanax later on at night for sleep. I plan to do this for 7 days.
Does this sound reasonable? I'm worried 1mg of klonopin and 1mg of xanax won't be enough to nullify the withdrawal, in which case I'll have to take more. Which brings me to my main question:
At these doses for 7 days, will I fuck myself and suffer benzo withdrawal? If that's the case Im totally out of ideas at this point lol

Benzo withdrawal is messed up man......IMO, it's 10 times worse than opiate withdrawal.

As for your schedule, someone more knowledgeable will come along to answer your questions.

Good luck!

I've actually never been through benzo withdrawal. I'm on phenibut, which hits primarily GABA-B receptors, so I'm hoping benzos will nullify the withdrawal but not just prolong it since they primarily hit GABA-A. I could be wrong though. I just don't know what to do at this point. My friends tell me a week of benzo use won't make me dependent. But I'd rather get some more reliable opinions lol

Oh, I see what you're doing now......I read thru it pretty fast & thought you've bee taking xanax & klonopin on top of phenibut for long periods of time.

Taking xanax just for a week might cause small effects of withdrawal, but it won't be top bad.

You're taking both klonopin & xanax tho, so I don't know......but only a week shouldn't be too bad, everyone is different tho.

Have you tried additional stress relievers?
Such as meditation, exercise, yoga..?? It might be beneficial for you to try different, new things to keep your mind of it.

I've read that kava can help with phenibut withdrawal. You might want to check a local health food store to see if you can find some. I'd recommend an extract. The Source Naturals brand tablets is my preference, though I've never used it for that purpose. Could help the benzos go a little further. Good luck.

imo seven days of consecutive benzo use wouldn't necessarily warrant w/ds, but i don't know if the phenibut might effect that - never taken it

Only a week use of Benzodiazapine use WILL NOT give you a noticeable W/D.

I've experienced 2 weeks of everyday Xanax use for 2 straight weeks 2-4mg/daily with no noticeable W/D symptoms.

I would say, you would need to use Benzo's AT LEAST every day for A MONTH. Even if that, they'll be very minor symptoms and NOT LIFE threatening.

6+ Months of every day Benzo use, now that's a different story.

dude, TRUST ME, 7 days of benzo use will NOT BRING ANY WITHDRAWALS!

I've taken it many times 7-10 days in a row, at a low MG, usually 1MG xanny, and always felt fine when I'd stop.

I once had an addiction and had seizures from the withdrawals; now when I use/buy it, I only buy 10 at a time and use 10 days straight and thats it. I use them just to go to bed; thats the sick part. I dont even use to get high but got a bad addiction last time while I was also using dope and it fucked me up bad, so stay away once you go through these.

btw, I've been through Phenibut withdrawal; its not that bad. these benzos will kill it for you.

good luck, dude.

That's not going to help cold turkey phenibut withdrawal. I cold turkeyed off phenibut a few weeks ago and I've cold turkeyed twice off klonopin. Felt like I was going to die during all three, the phenibut withdrawal was the worst. No sleep for almost 5 days.

Hey man. Glad to see you made it through it. Tell me, now that It's been a couple weeks, would you say you've fully recovered yet?

And Yeah I know how to prepare kava lol I used to use it heavily before I got hooked on phenibut. I want to thank all you guys for reassuring me that I won't end up hooked on benzos. I've kicked a 2 year addiction to hydrocodone cold turkey before and it didn't even come close to this phenibut shit. Crazy this stuffs legal.

Last edited:
I pop 5 xanax a day along with 5 restorils (tempazepam) for like 9 or 10 days straight. I feel kinda shitty when I run out, but nothing like opiate withdrawal. I fell great when i'm on them lol. Usually i get a few gabapentin for when i run out. It helps with the anxiety and restlessness.

The worst thing you will find when running out is insomnia, it will be hard to sleep for a few nights if you have no pills, but other than that you will be fine. Unless you have been on them for a like 90 days+ you won't have any serious withdraws. I was on lorazepam (ativan) for 3 months straight 4mg a day. I went down to 2mg a day for a week, then just quit cold turkey. I had trouble sleeping, but i didn't have anxiety like i used too.

That's good man. How long were you on phenibut all together? My dumbass is going on 7 months daily lol I've tapered my use down from 3g to 1.65 at this point. I'm trying to get as low as I can before I jump off and start the benzos.

I agree on the opinion that 7 days would not result in withdrawal. It can and probably will cause some rebound effects though which can easiliy be mistaken as WD-symptoms and are unpleasant as well.
So I would be prepared for that, like not being able to sleep well after the week for a few days and such.

But of course good luck coming off the Phenibut. I'm glad never having tried that from what I have read here. The WD seems to suck major balls in comparison to the effects, tolerance and so on.

Well shit. That's a variable I haven't considered yet. My problem at the moment is I need to figure out the lowest dose possible of xanax/klonopin I need to keep from freaking out. The main symptom I'm worried about is anxiety and panic attacks. I can handle a few days of no sleep. I work from home so I can just lock myself up until I'm back to normal lol
I still have a pound of high quality kava though. So I guess the plan right now is to continue tapering until I can't handle it any longer, then 5-7 days of xanax/klonopin for phenibut withdrawal, and then traditionally prepared kava for the rebound effects of the benzos. Lol.

Will see how well this works.

Last edited: