Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Seeds (300g) - First Time.

aquietlilstoner

Greenlighter
So this is my first time trying poppy seed tea. I have a fairly decent amount of experience with opiates, ranging from codeine to hydrocodone.

I obtained 300g of poppy seeds (black ones) from work, we buy whole sale bulk poppy seeds, 90% of these seeds were covered in a white coating of some sort (possibly opium latex).

I got a 2Ltr bottle and poured in the poppies, I then added about 3 tablespoons of lime juice to aid alk extraction. Covered it with pretty warm tap water and shook vigorously for about 5 minutes, let steep for 2 minutes then released the cap a wee bit and squeezed out this milky coffee looking liquid. (The good shit).

I had about 500ml of liquid to drink, the flavor wasn't unpalatable but it wasn't tasty either :\ I drank half the liquid in 5 gulps spaced out about 1 minute after each other, waited 20 mins felt a little relaxed, so I drank the rest of it at (T+30:00). Its now 10:30 and its been about 50 or so minutes since I finished the drink.

Current effects felt;
-Totally freaking relaxed :eek:
-Decent euphoric buzz (akin to 20 or so mgs of hydrocodone)
-Heavy limbs
-Floating sensations throught body
-Increased difficulty in urination
-Itchiesssssss :(
-Increased music appreciation (soft music)

Since its only been about an hour I will report back later as to how the next 8 hours will be, I've heard it can last quiet a while, kind of like XR Morphine Sulphate... But so far everything is very noicee.

Cheers guys
-Stoner

How did it go? 300g seems like not enough, I recently tried 1lb and it only felt mild but long lasting. All through the next day lol!

Never had luck with seeds, only pods. I've tried well over 1lb and different sources. Pods, on the other hand, talk about a holy gift...

Sourcing good seeds can be a real challange. I luckily found one so close to me! Brews a vile dark tea that's akin in color to when using Pods. A good tea high could possibly be my favorite still. The duration is also unbelievable. When I was new to it I would be high the next day still.

It can be fairly easy to use more then you would like. After developing a few sources they can be had...atleast in my area from a lot of places. Tolerance like anything can certainly build.

Pods are much better tasting but sometimes are hit n miss like seeds. Just more expensive and mail order usually.

I've been off any drug including opiates for 6 weeks now, no tolerance what so ever. The reason I am off is because I was caught and didn't want to do anything else illegal. I just bought a 3 pound bag of Poppy seeds from a huge internet retailer because it is legal and I'm looking forward to it. I'll take one pound for one "serving" then do this three times throughout the month every week, 300 grams doesn't seem like much.

I've been off any drug including opiates for 6 weeks now, no tolerance what so ever. The reason I am off is because I was caught and didn't want to do anything else illegal. I just bought a 3 pound bag of Poppy seeds from a huge internet retailer because it is legal and I'm looking forward to it. I'll take one pound for one "serving" then do this three times throughout the month every week, 300 grams doesn't seem like much.

So how was it? Seeds seem to be lacking recently for me unfortunately.

Last night I consumed 300 grams of Hoyt's brand from a supermarket. It was a hell of a lot stronger than I remember PST to be. I am fairly experienced with opiates/opiods so I would assume I'd have a slight tolerance.
I had a similar experience to OP. Comparable to 600 mg of codeine imo.
Certainly can't underestimate PST!

Five minutes is too long to shake, hence the milky colored liquid (caused by the interior of the seeds). A minute is fine. Adding lemon juice is not necessary either. It does help to grab some grapefruit juice as a chaser, however. It increases the effects by 30%, in my estimation.