• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did you get off your butt today V.3

Thanks so much for the warning David. I've noticed my cravings for sugar increasing considerably.

Coffee and treadmill run.

Be careful Erikmen I remember seroquel nearly giving me diabetes, that drug had me as sedated during the day as methadone, I called them Forrest Gump pills because I felt like him when I was on them and people said I talked like him while on seroquel....
But I also gained 75lbs of straight blubber in about 3 months with not much difference in diet, it really can screw up your whole metabolic rhythm.

Yes I'm convinced not to use it anymore.
What was your alternative?
I mean what can you take instead of Seroquel? Not any Benzodiazepine though.
I'll ask my doctor but it would be interesting to give him some perspective.
Thanks again D.!! :)

Yes I'm convinced not to use it anymore.
What was your alternative?
I mean what can you take instead of Seroquel? Not any Benzodiazepine though.
I'll ask my doctor but it would be interesting to give him some perspective.
Thanks again D.!! :)

I was put on it after I cold turkeyed methadone, it was primarily prescribed for insomnia and massive anxiety, but I quit taking it after I tested positive for diabetes.

I worked out and quit drinking soft drinks (soda) and I haven't tested positive for it sense, there is actually a warning in the warning guide about the possibility of it inducing diabetes.

The best alternative I use is cannabis, but that isn't a great alternative.

I personally came to the conclusion that pills and I do not mix, no matter how much I'm in pain I can't take any.

Same goes for insomnia/anxiety I can't take anything for it unless I want to be an addict.

Antidepressants and other psych drugs did not work well for me, the only drugs that did "work" were benzos, but benzos are garbage.

Seroquel changed me much more than any illicit drugs and my family and friends were so happy after I stopped taking it and became my old self again. It made me really weird, not saying that it does the same to you, but there are so many negative reports and press on the drug.

I'm so happy to hear that your exercising and doing better erik, if you feel that it really helps with some things write down the positive attributes and ask your doctor if there is something that can give you the postive aspects of seroquel but you want a safer more established drug. I personally don't trust any psych meds that are new or only been out since the late 90s. Especially after reading all the laws that were broke with Seroquel. It is a super duty psych med that was being prescribed for so many off label purposes when the drug itself is so unhealthy.
Take care bro;)

Last edited:
Excellent inputs. Once again David, thank you so much for the great and helpful post.

I'm definitely done with Seroquel. I can feel it's not healthy. And I believe the drowsy day after definitely does not combine with my current goals.

I will find a way to battle insomnia.

All the best bro! :)

I love walking a mile or so to the pool. Swimming , hitting the sauna , strecthing , then walking the mile back. Feeling good!

this is the closest thing i can find to a social or common thread in the forum.

to be on topic i rowed today.

what i?m really here to do is complain. it?s garbage how soon and suddenly the human body starts its descent. at 20-years-old i was physically invincible. i could not run for a year and the first day i decide to get back into it run as far as i want without even knowing that injury is a thing. could not lift and then decide i wanna start and first day at the gym only limit is how much i can force myself to put up.

now only ten years later it?s like better be careful as fuck and slowly ease into everything or something is gonna rip or stretch or whatever and i won?t be able to workout like i wanna for some absurd recovery period and probably never be 100 percent again. i will never be 100 percent again. when i was 100 percent i didn?t know it was gonna go away so soon. got patellar tendinitis which is the bane of my existence and years after it started still makes running such a struggle. i love running so much; i wish i believed in some god to curse for fucking it up for me.

and now i get some pain in my shoulder and go to the doc and he tells me it?s a slap tear. i need to get a scan to see if surgery is necessary. i was doing pull ups and chin ups every night. love how it makes me look and how you can feel the power. gets your whole body cut. so i google and recovery time for slap tear surgery and it involves 4 weeks in a sling. i?ll be smoking crack and snorting heroin by the end of day two if i can?t workout. it?s absolutely necessary to my mental health.

it sucks. an obstacle to working out other than motivation is cruel. i didn?t know my body was going to get old so soon. repetitive motion fucks me up now? i thought i had until my 50s before parts randomly became injured without some sort of specific trauma.