• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did you get off your butt today V.3

Fairly wiped out today and had a bunch of errands to do, but managed to fit in about 45 minutes of squats and somehow got a new current 1rm. Not a bad way to start my 3rd month back I guess.

im not sure if its a bad thing or not, but i have a cup of coffee before i run and it makes it a bit easier to do.

What the heck is wrong with that? 1 cup of coffee doesn't even do anything for me anymore lol. Either way, way to go!

Apparently it can be bad for ppl with heart issues or something.

It seems like it's on a smaller scale than working out on stronger stimulants, which most here would agree is a no-no.

I just had a small nagging feeling that it might not be healthy.

My pre workout drink has 200mgs of caffeine, so unless you do have a heart condition I'd say there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a few cups of coffee before running.

sometimes i drink a skinny low fat coffee for training my guns cause i don't want to get fat cause people might think I'm lazy or something

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a 43 mile bike ride to Cartlandia and back, from Vancouver, WA. I've noticed that I can get a good workout from tennis too, if I modify the rules to incorporate things like push-ups, stomach crunches, etc.

Legs and abs workout.

Apparently it can be bad for ppl with heart issues or something.

It seems like it's on a smaller scale than working out on stronger stimulants, which most here would agree is a no-no.

I just had a small nagging feeling that it might not be healthy.

2-3 cups of coffee is a safe amount. Don't worry about it. Long term caffeine consumption actually seems to reduce the risk of heart disease.

My pre workout drink has 200mgs of caffeine, so unless you do have a heart condition I'd say there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a few cups of coffee before running.

I had a total of 800mg today (that's equivalent to more than 10 redbulls) but I have a moderate tolerance

That is a lot of caffeine mate I wouldn't like to take much often. Did you get to sleep ok?

That is a lot of caffeine mate I wouldn't like to take much often. Did you get to sleep ok?

I'm getting slightly less sleep than normal (7 vs 9 hours) but that's also due to the fact that I'm withdrawing from doxepin.

iwouldn't be able to get to sleep with almost a g of anhydrous caffeine under the belt, and a cracker headache too boot

2km dog walk
6 x 50 push ups

I got up to get the lotion because my favorite food channel network show is starting. Wait what?

Went for a good walk through some local trails nearby. I'd say about a mile total. 15 minute walk.

Full body workout tonight... This last week (start of month 3) wasn't the best as far as lifting and diet but I'm ready to buckle back down next week.

1 hour jog

6 X 45 pushups

then i smoked a Cohiba by the lake.

love yourself and love the people around you....key to happiness.

ashtanga yoga class this morn - 1 hr 15 min

pretty tiring, haven't done yoga in 2 weeks maybe

we get internet on monday tho so hopefully i can practice at least once a day again.

5 mile run yesterday morning

Today:
squats, lunges, and bridges in-between housework and cooking
hiked the dog his 3 miles and yard work but that is called daily living not exercise