• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Alcoholism Discussion Thread Version 7.0

Librium is wonderful!!! Really worked well for me. I wish Jenny well but I gotta admit, I get frustrated when someone posts something fairly serious and then disappears. Idk. Fishy to me

I think that because this is a recovery and addiction oriented subforum that kind of posting is not at all something strange or out of the ordinary. What we can do ia to continue providing a warm, supportive and healthy environment so that newcomers do not feel intimidated and instead feel welcomed and safe to share aND get as vulnerable as they are comfortable with. That, at least, is my vision for SL.

Sorry guys, life got so busy so quickly. Its had its up and downs but been getting better by the day:

I have been sober for: 2 years, 3 months and 18 days. Wow, first time I have added it up in awhile. Usually just say "2 years and a few months" nowadays

Congrats phator!! You got it done, that's great.

I'm still on my 18-month mark, no opiates, and no benzos at all. I did drink a couple of beers once during summer. Didn't get drunk or felt bad about it. I handled 2 cans and the smoke afterwards was better than the actual beer. I didn't feel bad, didn't drink more than that. It was just something I wanted to do for while and saw no harm in doing it. Thought of doing that every weekend but it was not at all that great.

ive been looking for this thread for awhile, ive gone through some ups and downs still currently drinking but im hoping it doesnt get me thrown out on the streets again. i just have nothing realy to live for no friends at least i still have my family. im so glad i dont have a h connect right now or id be broke in a week. i cant abstain totaly it doesnt work for me but i need to get my life moving forward or im going to sink

What do you do with your time? Finding something productive to fill your time, even if you are still drinking or using, is a great start to getting your life moving again.

Also, do you have a doctor? There are lots of medications and forms of outpatient therapy out there that can really make a different helping you find the motivation to start working on yourself again (in your case I'm thinking therapy, baclofen and an SSRI or something).

Sooner or later you'll come to the conclusion that your drinking/using stands in the way of you accomplishing anything significant with what you are doing, and with enough support IRL it become easier to devote more of your resources to the healthy, productive stuff you're doing and less to the unhealthy, less skillful substance use.

most days i spend browsing web for useless shit, i need to get into see a doctor even if its just a dentist i spent the last 2 or 3 days with a real bad toothache it made me sick it was that bad headache and vomiting it finaly stopped hurting so ill probably just ignore it again until it hurts again. im not doing real bad but im not moving forward either which is what i need to do. i probably need meds for anxiety and stuff but i dont trust myself to not drink on them so i think its best to just avoid them

When was the last time you had a physical glitter_kiss? Do you live somewhere where you can access a doctor? It would certainly be a great time to schedule a check up and have a physical done if you haven't had one in the last year. Getting in to begin the process of talking with a doctor may also help you find something to address your anxiety, even if it isn't medication (in which case there is always mindfulness based stress reduction meditation :) though the two employed together are much more powerful than one taken alone).

It's been a couple years, and despite my heavy drinking and my hep-c everything was fine. Though I hate to admit I got put in the hospital again a couple days ago they said they were worried about my heart rate before I got discharged for some reason it was a little high despite the Ativan they gave me. I'm supposed to go back to get a check up in few days but I know I won't. I was doing so well for awhile I just need to stop drinking in public it's getting me into to much trouble