• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin and Anger

I have a much higher tolerance for common annoyances and rarely ever get mad on heroin. But I'm not as nice and caring as usual either. Opiates make me less emotional all around.

Very interesting. An ex of mine would abuse pharm opiates at times, and he would get very angry. I didn't know they were related thanks for making this thread, and discussing this about opiates.
More than likely, your ex was angry because he was in withdrawal, from not having the drug(or running out early). What we're talking about is the people who actually get angry while they're ON the drug... Which is odd.

Only opiate that does that to me is oxy, & I stopped taking it......I could punch someone that's trying to talk over a song I'm trying g to listen to on the radio in my car.

Morphine, codeine & hydro make me a happy opiate user, like a happy drunk.

Damn people being bitchy while they're ON drugs...that must be unbearable. Luckily I've never experienced that.

I've experienced plenty of grumpy drug addicts when they DON'T have their drugs, but that's normal...

Why's it saying that I started this thread? I was the first reply, but the OP's post is completely gone...

If im out and about on opiates i tend to be VERY snippy and quick to get angry because im enjoying my high and if someting gets in the way of that i get real irritated..ive been in manyyy yelling matches with people who just did something little that if i was sober i would just ignore.it doesnt happen all the time mainly if i start to come down and im around people that i dont get along with i tend to have a quick temper...idk the science behind why it happens tho

the poster above me said something about raising horomones as in PMS..that sounds exactly how i act when it happens..like a women on her period..lol like a total bitch %)

I think most of us feel that way. In certain cases, the problem is really with hormones though. I checked mine an it was very low, so spot on.

Hi I just started so I don't know if this is the right post or not but I've been smoking heroin for over a year now and I'm starting suboxone tm morning and I'm really scared bc I hVe work and hVe never taken it before I don't know how much to take or anything I'm smoking the last of what I have beore work and it's only about less than a .2, but I was smoking about a half a day maybe more someone help me plz and thank u

Hi I just started so I don't know if this is the right post or not but I've been smoking heroin for over a year now and I'm starting suboxone tm morning and I'm really scared bc I hVe work and hVe never taken it before I don't know how much to take or anything I'm smoking the last of what I have beore work and it's only about less than a .2, but I was smoking about a half a day maybe more someone help me plz and thank u

Wrong thread, and if your starting suboxone tomorrow, take as prescribed by your doctor.

This is something you should have discussed with your doctor, if you bought them from the streets, do some research there's millions of threads about the same question your asking

Knowledge is power

Dont just panic and expect everyone else figure things out for you, when we know nothing of your background

It's the endless, usually sole and intolerable-trait of entitlement that some opiated individuals carry with them. And if someone takes one wrong step, or gets in the way of this realm of entitlement owned my Mr. or Mrs. Opiated, then anger strikes, all too often.
*Methadone is one of the main culprits of this cause.

Last edited:
Damn people being bitchy while they're ON drugs...that must be unbearable. Luckily I've never experienced that.

I've experienced plenty of grumpy drug addicts when they DON'T have their drugs, but that's normal...
Yeah this is what I've mostly experienced as well.

The ride there, anything, and just about everything annoys me!!! Especially when im sick, im ripping my car on i94 headed to the D. Its like get the fuck out of my way I neec my fix I dont care about your problems lol, and if your riding with me shut up and relax, DO NOT amp me up lol

**** BUTTTT lol then once I get my works together, tie off swab then inject that sweet misery into my veins aaaaaaaa lol

then its like peace out and my head usually in my lap the whole wsy home, im alright lol they keep asking me lol ... but anyways thst was the old days when I was a true dope fien. ...

thankfully now on buprenorphine maintenance

I'm not sure about Heroin as I haven't tried it, but I do get irritable on tramadol and oxies. Especially since my hearing is magnified a thousand times. It seems like everyone is screaming and that aggravates me to no end haha.

Only time i got angry/mad/upset with opiates is when i dont have any and in horrible W/D.................
Yet again, who wouldn't be mad when in opiate w/d? lol

I'm certainly an irritable ol' git when opiated - interesting to read of the hormone hypothesis earlier in the thread. :)

I've noticed irritability when using as well, it usually takes about an hour to set on and then i become snappy at people (especially my boyfriend) I may not even feel very high, but I always feel the need to be argumentatiuve sometimes its so intense it makes it difficult or maybe even prohibits me from feeling the full affects of the dope people dont want to be around me and honestly i annoy myself because i feel like i cannot control this angry feeling

Ive seen alot of people who use heroin friends and etc that just are bitter all the time even when there high....its like walking on eggs shells.....maybe its cuase they dont give a fuck or maybe they are worried about there next hit.....ive seen 2 friends fight over the last hit and then came to realize it was the dope fucking with em.....people say when i used to take vicodin i was evil but i just dident give a fuck to be honost...also ive heard of since it effects t he happy feel good part of your brain that naturally ur gonna feel shitty and have an atitude sort of like coming off a xtc roll and having to deal with the serotone levels...

It's the endless, usually sole and intolerable-trait of entitlement that some opiated individuals carry with them. And if someone takes one wrong step, or gets in the way of this realm of entitlement owned my Mr. or Mrs. Opiated, then anger strikes, all too often.
*Methadone is one of the main culprits of this cause.

What do you mean? Methadone saved my life for so many years and it was really a struggle to quit. Still is, but I managed.
From hospital ODs and heavily addicted to hard core opiates I had a normal 'sober' life for more than 7 years.
Job, family compromise etc, either that or death..

I'm certainly an irritable ol' git when opiated - interesting to read of the hormone hypothesis earlier in the thread. :)

I have to use hormones now due to the abuse of opiates. NSA mentioned it here, I spoke to my doctor and spot on. My levels were incredible low. It does take some time though, maybe 5-10 years..
However, life with hormones is improved significantly.

How are you doing man? Any plans in mind regarding fent.?
If you need any help whatsoever you can always send me a PM.