Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DIPHENHYDRAMINE/600mg) Experienced: "It Comes In Waves"

newportnews

Greenlighter
Dosage: 600mg Diphenhydramine (12 x 50mg generic pink caps)

Weight: 250lb

Time of ingestion: 10:30 pm

Related experience: Numerous diphenhydramine doses, ranging from 200mg to 1000mg(Suspected Overdose,) various psychedelics, deliriants, opiates, stimulants

Intention: Meditation, inebriated viewing of recent music/video project, thought experimentation

Preparation: Cleaned bedroom, plugged in laptop, place bed in upright position (disabled, have hospital-type bed,) two water bottles on bed, urinal at bedside, open and pause music/video project at beginning, plug in hifi headphones, prepare cigarette for later

Timeline:

+00:00 - Consume dose.

+00:10 - Sit in bed, watching various youtube videos.

+00:22 - Cigarette. Early signs kicking in.

+00:36 - Brush teeth. Get set up in bed. Plug in headphones. Copy music/video project to hardrive to avoid damaging usb. Lightheaded, uncoordinated, auditory amplification, warping in peripheral vision, forgetful.

+00:43 - Begin watching Terence McKenna "Seeking the Stone."

+00:47 - Turned out lights.

+01:07 - Relieved bladder. I just accidentally divided by zero on laptop calculator while looking around. Blurred vision, tremors, itchy, thoughts losing cohesion, mild cev's Difficult to type and spell properly. Difficult to read.

+01:18 - Unfocused eyes causing movement and hallucination.

+01:35 - Turn off McKenna. Turn on light. Cigarette. Hard to walk/stand.

+01:41 - Laid down. Tremors, minor cns impairment, constantly swallowing, time dilation, sliding oev, minor cev, dry mouth, alternating waves of euphoria and nausea, minor auditory hallucination, sweaty, hot, forgetful of task at hand

+01:58 - Sit up in bed. Nausea wearing down a bit.

+02:04 - Begin music/video playback. Inhale oil blend (sweet basil, nutmeg, and peppermint,) from a small bowl.

+02:15 - The music is dark, but sounds great, fits this drug well. Video, is well balanced between light and dark, a little busy. Waves of nausea are becoming less frequent and passing quicker

+02:31 - Light off, pause video to type this, head seems to be a little clearer, oev markedly decreased, still seeing black spots, moths, false shadows

+? - It is at this point that my reporting ends. I remember laying in bed with the light off, watching my video for a while longer. Eventually, the music became too much for my inebriated state. I drank some water and tried to lay down to sleep. I had trouble falling asleep. I would estimate that I was unable to fall asleep until 3:30am. I kept having short hallucinatory visions. When I finally did sleep, it was deep and black. When I awoke in the morning, my pupils were still dilated and I was dehydrated.

One observation (written at +1:20) I made during my extended stay in delirium was this:

What is past, but a collection of moments impressed upon the ethereal membrane of the collective consciousness?
What is present, but the single inhale of a ragged breath?
What is future, but the unforeseeable consequences of unforeseeable events?

Huh, for 600 Mg this sounds less intense then I expected. At the one time I've done over 500 mg I kept spacing out into crazy CEV's of daily events and random actions. As well as crazy hallucinations of spiders, scorpions, bugs in general.
I've learned to respect DPH.
Nice report yo, cheers.

I've been to higher doses and I feel like that may have some impact on it. I'm also a heavy guy at ~250lbs. I also take quetiapine for a psychiatric condition which acts upon the same receptor that diphenhydramine does.

Thanks for the reply. Have fun, be safe.

What makes you choose DPH over other dissociatives or psychedelics in general for that matter?

Why do people find DPH recreational? The body load feels horrendous and it feels like having dementia.
I have suffered what seems to be permanent damage after frequent DPH abuse (self harm not recreation) two years ago, including palpitations and psychosis. I don't ever believe I'll get better, because of DPH. It's no fun and not recreational at all, be careful!

You mentioned tremors? How is that pleasurable? That means your body is suffering! I'll stop rambling on, but I'm very concerned about people overdosing on diphenhydramine.

Why do people find DPH recreational? The body load feels horrendous and it feels like having dementia.
I have suffered what seems to be permanent damage after frequent DPH abuse (self harm not recreation) two years ago, including palpitations and psychosis. I don't ever believe I'll get better, because of DPH. It's no fun and not recreational at all, be careful!

You mentioned tremors? How is that pleasurable? That means your body is suffering! I'll stop rambling on, but I'm very concerned about people overdosing on diphenhydramine.

I primarily use DPH as an admixture, but hadn't had my sea legs for a little while, so took an old walk around the block.

Tremors are a part of my physical disability, as is CNS impairment, so both of those side effects are permanent and independent of drug usage. I've already been through the psychological ringer, and haven't lost my wits in a very long time.

It is not a children's drug, and has a potential for abuse, but used as directed and with extreme caution and no pattern of regular use, diphenhydramine can be a potent ally in the shaman's bag of tricks.

I personally found this experience more useful than others I've had. I'm just getting back to the headspace and needed a good reminder why we create and sustain systems to govern our inherent vice.

this is true. on only 400 i had simmaler effects.Although i did not have many hallucinations, i had a terrible experience. The worst part was that i wasn't in control of what i was doing, it was like the feel of being half concious and waking up from a nightmare but more constant. Almost like sleepwalking in a way.8(8o:?

I like how you had intention for the trip aside from being intoxicated. Using an altered state to analyze something. Thanks =)

Last edited:
I primarily use DPH as an admixture, but hadn't had my sea legs for a little while, so took an old walk around the block.

Tremors are a part of my physical disability, as is CNS impairment, so both of those side effects are permanent and independent of drug usage. I've already been through the psychological ringer, and haven't lost my wits in a very long time.

It is not a children's drug, and has a potential for abuse, but used as directed and with extreme caution and no pattern of regular use, diphenhydramine can be a potent ally in the shaman's bag of tricks.

I personally found this experience more useful than others I've had. I'm just getting back to the headspace and needed a good reminder why we create and sustain systems to govern our inherent vice.

I'm glad to hear you're not using it for recreational use! But please be mindful that diphenhydramine can cause long term damage and psychosis.