• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Viibryd, and anxiety/depression

AKA Randy Travis

Greenlighter
I posted this in another thread, but did not get a response. It's a pretty urgent matter. I hope I'm not breaking any of the forum rules here.

Do any of you have experience with the antidepressant Viibryd? It's a relatively new med. my younger brother switched to it from celexa and isn't enjoying it at all. He also suffers from anxiety/depression, and panic disorder. He seems to be having worse symptoms now than before he made the switch. I want to help him so much, because I know how he's feeling. Main question is, will these side effects kind of level off once he becomes more accustomed to the med? Or should we seek other options?

I really appreciate any response, and advice!

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but perhaps try a search?
As you said the drug is new perhaps there just aren't many people with experience to respond to your post.
I know i"m not familiar with it or I'd be more than happy to give you my take.
Again sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but perhaps try a search?
As you said the drug is new perhaps there just aren't many people with experience to respond to your post.
I know i"m not familiar with it or I'd be more than happy to give you my take.
Again sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Industrial, I appreciate the reply! :) I am taking him to see a psychiatrist in a few days to discuss this, so things are looking up. We are going to try a different med. Just the fact that you replied is good enough for me! Have a good one :)

P.S. If any of the Mods would like to close this thread, that'd be fine. The issue has been resolved.

Just in case anybody else comes around wondering about Viibryd/vilazodone, I was on it for roughly a month

It helped with my depression but I had brain zaps as a side effect of the medication whereas generally with SSRI medications this is a symptom of withdrawal. So I had to go back on the Lexapro or bump up to Lithium which is not something I'm ready to do yet. Just be aware this can be a side effect as I found that I was far from the only person to experience it.

Ok.. I am adding to this viibryd thread from 3 years ago I hope by now more people have experience with this antidepressant This rx has saved me from addiction to hydrocodone and I wake up in a great mood every day I've been on it for a proximity 3 months or less.I'm on 40 mg and I do have numbness in my hand but I fell recently too I was feeling numbness in my fingers on higher doses before all this though Today I took 80 mg because it tends to give me more euphoria sometimes when I do I don't want to stop taking this antidepressant and I know I'm screwing up taking an extra pill which I've done 3 times since my rx has been written I went through instant adget at ion last time I was only out for a day. I want to know if anyone is experiencing I am. I've noticed that there is a recovery house for this medication

My apologies for necroing a possible dead thread but I wanted to add my one and only experience with viibryd. Just hoping it can be added to any sort of information already gathered so far.

I got a sample pack of it from my then psychiatrist to try out, literally about a year after it hit the market. I was told there might be nausea as a side effect.

At first that's all I had for most of the day but towards evening I started to throw up repeatedly, became shakey, I was ashen pale and skin clammy, had a headache/migraine with neck pain that was out of this world I couldn't even lay down because of the pain and cause I would have to rush to throw up. I was mentally/emotionally breaking down either as a symptom or because of the symptoms.

Stupid me didn't go to the ER which I probably should have but having no insurance yet I was too scared to go because I didn't want to cost family money. I eventually made it through the night okay and was doing decent the next day. I may or may not have had an allergic reaction but without the bloodwork or ER trip or what-have-you to determine that I can't 100% throw everything in on that.