• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

South Florida has a flakka (a-PVP) addiction and it needs to stop

^ You may have a point there.
Besides what I mentioned about RC's infecting the regular drug scene...
The whole head shop/gas station/easy access thing is also likely a factor.
It appears that people that wouldn't normally participate in harder drug scene are inadvertently doing so.
Usually through purchase at head shops & the like.
Though sometimes by buying what they think are other substances that are not what they claim to be.
At least in my area I've noticed it.

Though I'm 31 so I don't have that much contact with the younger age group that often gets into this kind of thing.
Also I'm not really into that type of scene anymore.
Health issues & pain management tend to dominate my life atm, but I digress.

It seems often to be teenagers as well; that have an older friend acquire em, or they just buy off net. etc,
Then when things get banned they turn to the streets or there vendor gets shaday...
Then they get the same shit, cut to shit with god knows what.
Or they just plain get god knows what. No matter how you look at it, it's a bad situation.

Also for example the GABA drugs the addiction issues become an issue.
As a lot of the younger or less experienced users don't know what they're in for in that regard.

Then as you stated the RC stimulants as well as the RC psychs are often far stronger than these younger or more inexperienced users are prepared for.
And they end up having major problems. Or causing them in a deluded state.
Or worse yet they grab like a Fent analog with no experience, kill themselves & ruin it for those can benefit from em.

But I digress as I gotta go, will throw in more later in necessary.

Also, the rave scene over here in general is crap compared to what I've experienced when I visited my cousin in Sydney, Australia back in 2013. And even when it comes to Montreal, which is a few hours drive time away, it's shit.

Sydneys rave scene is dead and has been for ages. No good venues are allowed anymore and the pills went to shit ages ago here too.

This happened on Sat night in Syd and is what I call a real rave, it was a free party called channel with 7 stages... Sadly the cops (and riot squad) closed it by 1am.

Cops shutting it down -

This is what Syd's rave scene used to be like every weekend but the parties used to mainly go all night till well after sunrise (there were loads of shut downs, but more went ahead than got shut down)...

Anyway the rave scene is shit here these days, mostly in clubs that close by 3 or 4 am, that way the cops cant shut them and there is less financial risk for promoters.

Sydneys rave scene is dead and has been for ages. No good venues are allowed anymore and the pills went to shit ages ago here too.

Crickey! That rave does look like shit.

Are you into Hardstyle?

We went to the Defqon. 1 festival close to 2 years ago - September 14th, 2013 to be precise. And it was anything but dead.

The weather that day was rather overcast, but still, I had a great time - will never forget it, that's for sure.

Since then however, I haven't been back, so I wouldn't know if that particular 'scene' in Oz has gone down the shitter, so to speak.

Edit - I really feel sorry for you guys though because your postal system reportedly has an infamous tendency to intercept a very high number of parcels containing candy which make ya dandy.

I flew over to Sydney a few times around 2009 - 2010 and the scene was flourishing then (some of the best weekends of my life), although the vibe had gone downhill a little once the pill drought kicked in and the mephedrone dried up in 2010. Haven't partied there since and everyone I know there has moved onto doing other stuff with their lives, so I'm not sure what state the scene is in now. What I do know is that people all over the world have been saying the rave scene is dead since the early 90's, but it seems to keep on kicking. I think mostly people just burn out and become jaded, the appeal of going to the same parties with the same crowd dancing to the same music by the same DJ's (not to mention finding new and unique places to hide your stash while walking past 50 cops and their "drug detection" dogs) fades after a few years, your body doesn't handle a full weekend of running around dancing full of drugs, and you move on with your life.

If you want to see a truly dead rave scene, go to Melbourne. GHB killed their scene dead by 2010/2011 and meth beat the corpse into a pulp, I haven't been over in a while but everyone I've spoken to says there isn't a whole lot happening there because none of the venues will take on gigs which result in multiple ambulances having to turn up to pick up the idiots who blow out.

It's a weird contrast, because there's a ton of GHB in the Sydney scene, but it never seemed to cause a problem in terms of blowouts, events getting shut down, etc. No idea why that is.

Edit - I really feel sorry for you guys though because your postal system reportedly has an infamous tendency to intercept a very high number of parcels containing candy which make ya dandy.

From what I've heard it's only internationally, I've never heard of anyone having a problem domestically, and so while shit is still overpriced compared to Europe or the US, the competition means it's at least high quality, which forces the regular dealers to keep up so they can make a profit (I'm fairly sure this is why the pills going around are half decent and mostly clean again, or they where when I was still clubbing in 2013). The price for certain drugs has actually dropped due to this, at least in my city - whereas before pretty much every drug had a set price in each city and you paid it or you pissed off, now dealers are forced to lower their prices to match whichever city has the lowest price for any given drug or people just go online. eg. and the price for meth in my city has gone down by 30% (to match the Sydney/Melbourne price) - which has the dealers pissed off because their suppliers aren't lowering their prices, so the profit margins have shrunk.

Last edited:
Nah I'm not into hardstyle but one of my old mates DJ's at it. It's huge yes but just like raves these days it doesn't go all night.

It's not really a rave as such, but a hard style festival that goes during the day till midnight or something out near penrith.

But that's mental that you got to experience it, i've never been to it but have seen alot of pics and vids from it and the production does look amazing.

Here's a rave I went to in Syd way back in '93, a warehouse party, the sun is coming up outside so it's light inside the warehouse. Things like this do not happen in Sydney anymore. There are laws an regulations that dont allow it and the police and riot squad will shut anything down that tries it, so it just can't be done. Also what happened in alot of the industrial areas that used to hold raves (like the mixed beans 2 vid) is that people started to move into those areas, they moved closer and closer into the industrial areas as the population increased, now places like Alexandria and Mascot have alot more people living within them that can hear the bass and they report it to the cops and the parties get shut down.

Even the Syd olympic venue cant be used anymore after getting flogged for ages.

Melb seems to have a better scene for warehouse parties these days than Syd, but again they face the same thing with venue closures. I guess part of it is that police and councils got organised after the massive amounts of raves in the 90's.

Most events are moved into licensed venues to make sure they can't be shut down.

This was a warehouse party in Melb that looked great (end of '13) -

Last edited:
I gave up on South Florida.

I went ahead and went to an EMD festival to try and score. on THREE different ocassions, apart from being ripped off TWICE! and losing about $150 from those two deals, when Ifinally did score it was fucking 6-apb. at least the dealer was nice enough to let me know after I told him I knew about RC'S.

It's been three years since I have given up on the street MDMA scene. The hastle of having people telling me to "FUCK OFF" at an EDM festival trying to score is too much of a hastle.

I had the same exact experience at the EDM festival in SF in 2010. It took us 5 hours to find 4 rolls, only 4 was what this kid had because his buddy bailed on him or something. It was all over priced and a rip off, never went back lol.

Man ‘high on flakka had sex with tree, called himself God’

A MAN high on the drug flakka attacked a police officer after running naked through the streets shouting “I am God” and having sex with a tree, police said.

Kenneth Crowder, 41, was arrested in Melbourne, Florida, on Friday following a dangerous, drug-fuelled bender.

According to a police report obtained by Click Orlando, witnesses called cops after spotting Crowder having intercourse with a tree.

When approached by an officer, Crowder acted aggressively and identified himself as God.

Police said Crowder was Tasered twice, but pulled out the electric probes before punching the officer.

The unhinged man also allegedly tried to stab the cop with his badge while screaming that he was Thor.

620486-531f193a-e393-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg

Crowder was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting with violence and assault with a deadly weapon on a law enforcement officer.

Melbourne police spokesman Dan Lynch said flakka is becoming a widespread problem in the United States, with disturbing mugshots of users doing the rounds.

“We have spoken to some medical professionals here and they are starting to see an increase in its use (in Brevard County),” Mr Lynch told Click Orlando.

“It’s already in South Florida, and we think it’s coming here.”

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...lled-himself-god/story-fnh81jut-1227305620592

ah good ol' stimulant-induced psychosis. Some people just can't handle their uppers...

It's not really a rave as such, but a hard style festival that goes during the day till midnight or something out near penrith.

Yeah, Defqon. 1 was/is technincally a hardstyle music festival (with some hard-trance and hardcore mixed in usually at the beginning and near the end).

But that's mental that you got to experience it, i've never been to it but have seen alot of pics and vids from it and the production does look amazing.

Q-Dance (the entertainment company behind Defqon. 1 / Qlimax / Dominator / Q-base / and so forth) is undoubtedly the premier promoter (at least in my opinion) of events and bashes featuring the best DJs from around the globe (although mainly from Netherlands and Italy) who really love their hard-trance, hardstyle, hardcore, and darkcore beats. And about half of these gifted disc jockeys also happen to be damn good producers of very memorable 160+ bpm tracks.

Edit - I especially like listening to Headhunterz and Technoboy.

That said, their admission prices are quite expensive, I think anyways. In fact, based on my own experience ordering from them, it's not uncommon for tickets to venues to cost twice as much as the average fee (regardless of the venue) to get in whenever Q-Dance is in the house. It matters not however, as their parties sell out rather quickly (in mainland Europe - not sure about Australia).

Here's a rave I went to in Syd way back in '93, a warehouse party, the sun is coming up outside so it's light inside the warehouse. Things like this do not happen in Sydney anymore. There are laws an regulations that dont allow it and the police and riot squad will shut anything down that tries it, so it just can't be done. Also what happened in alot of the industrial areas that used to hold raves (like the mixed beans 2 vid) is that people started to move into those areas, they moved closer and closer into the industrial areas as the population increased, now places like Alexandria and Mascot have alot more people living within them that can hear the bass and they report it to the cops and the parties get shut down.

Even the Syd olympic venue cant be used anymore after getting flogged for ages.

'93 eh?

You're possibly much older than I thought, but it doesn't matter. At least you were raving at a time when the MDMA was actually MDMA, and the scene was very popular indeed.

Anyways, I absolutely had a blast at the Defqon. 1 festival when I visited my cousin. And, some of the Aussie ladies I met while visiting are intoxicatingly attractive, but I digress.

The other reason I was there (or I wouldn't have gone at all) was because his much older sister was getting married, and they are... financially stable, so my lucky ass had its plane ticket paid for by them after I received their invitation insisting that I be there, or risk never being forgiven (we grew up together in Newton, North Carolina).

I must say that I worry about the aforementioned bride's younger brother who I went to Defqon. 1 with (well, him and some rather sketchy-looking mates of his). And the reason for that is because he more than qualifies for the title of "Massive E-Tard."

I don't know where he gets his MDMA (which looked and felt very pure), and I don't care, but at least he's dead serious about harm reduction - so serious in fact that when he first told me to come with him to test his stash, I soon found myself standing still and staring at what looked to me like a massive color laser printer. Long story short, I found out he bought a GC-MS (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) Analyzer. That amounted to a testing kit with a price high enough that you could use that money to buy a new car. Wish I could afford one, but whatever, I'll stick with my $50 kit.

It's time to shut the fuck up - ciao.

Last edited:
94 is when the government cracked down on raves in the uk and i think it sort of went global around the same time

Last edited:
Both the Sydney and Melbourne scenes died as soon as they shifted to large venues like rod laver arena and became a lot slicker and commercial. The last "rave" I went to was 2004 and it was complete opposite to the chaotic nights I used to experience 93-94 when I was looked at strangely by my mates for heading off from a pub to "hit up some fag disco". They soon changed their mind when they worked out why all the pretty girls were disappearing for the night to hang with the homo's. The facilities such as toilets and proper security was non existent but so too was the police presence.

Eventually I moved to the doof scene, which meant a 3 hour trek into the bush and the need to plan your camping kit. The last couple of years even this scene is starting to lose its way. The quality of drugs, MDMA and LSD being bastardised by rc's is a big factor, but so too is a more mainstream crowd. Short of sounding like an elitist but things seemed better when the dance scene was more a niche market. People actually preached plur and lived and breathed it. As more dickheads jumped on board so too did the shady drug deals and overall loss of magic.

Nowadays the best parties, like the best drugs is all about who you know. Smaller underground parties exist if you are smart enough to attract the right people's attention. 200-300 people in a far flung property might not have the same energy as an urban warehouse rave of 20 years ago but I'd take that over an out of control Facebook invite party any day of the week.

^ Yeah true.

Foolsgold, our rave scene here in Syd was taken directly from the UK one, when I first started going to horden parties and then raves here around 91/92 the scene was highly populated with English people, the ravers, the dj's and the promoters, alot of them were English. Then by 93/94 I noticed alot of them leaving the scene as the crowds age got younger and younger (and the older adults left) and the music got faster and faster.

Here is a vid of an early Sydney Rave in 1991 with loads of English at it, have a look at the 9 min mark on...

Fucking Florida yo, something about those people, get a little speed in them and they go nuts..

But seriously, and I don't want this to seem racist--what's the difference between the forum users who have been using this RC for the better part of a decade? This has been available from the same importers as other importers for at least 5-6 years.

Are these new street users just not doing the same due diligence in terms of dosage and frequency that forum users did?

Or is there something inherently different with the people? Levels of education differ, as I'm sure do diet and probably even local environment and community factors..

These people using "Flakka" (aka a-PVP : Which i hear is a shitty substance anyways) have no idea what they are taking. For all they know its some new kind of crack or speed, these aren't the most educated of people and its not like they are going to go on the internet, find out Flakka is really just a-PVP and then research the substance... These are mostly already crack heads using this stuff and I am sure they are using it like crack and taking WAY too much each time they use...

^ Quite likely. I know in my area when RC's first started becoming popular that a lot of crack was cut with RC's.If it even contained any cocaine product at all.
Half the time from what I've heard/seen it was just some kinda -caine.
IE. benzocaine or the like with a RC stim.
I'm guessing it's still the same (haven't been round crack in a while) except now it's probably some -caine plus Aa-PVP.That is if you can rock up a-PVP with a -caine.
If not it's still probably whatever RC stim you can rock up with a -caine. As I know people that got said product & as they were experienced crackheads noticed the difference in taste/effect.
That & talked to some crack/powder dealers that said that's what they were doing.
So wouldn't surprise me if it's still the case. Anyone know if a-PVP can be rocked up?

Hi sekio. Thanks for linking to my blog.

It was obviously written in jest, but I 100% believe that this media hysteria and sensationalistic headlines need to stop. They won't though as headlines get clicks.