• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

South Florida has a flakka (a-PVP) addiction and it needs to stop

OK, so it was the same drug that was described to me as feeling like you just drank 8 cups of strong coffee, and not the love child of meth and PCP 8)

Kids, stick to the drugs that humans have been using for centuries, and it is much, much harder to go wrong.
You have no idea how RCs are going to affect your body, and worse, nobody really knows.

I agree completely.
However, in my area anyway, Northern Pennsylvania/New York border.
Most substances acquired in I guess what you would call a small city in NY just across the border, problem is you can't.

Everything is fake as all hell. You gotta test everything if you want anything legit.
You want cocaine, you get some RC stim with benzocaine or the like.
You want methamphetamine, you get an RC stim.
You want mushrooms, you might get legit there, or you might get some store bought mushrooms with some sorta RC tossed on em.
LSD yeah right, again some analog RC, or NBOMe.
MDMA/Molly as some would call it, RC Stim or RC of some sort, IE. 6-APB etc.

Basically what I'm saying is outside of cannabis you can't really acquire a substance & know it's legit.
I mean hell I tried what was supposedly Ketamine a few months back for the first time. I didn't have a kit.
I mean based on dosage & effects it seemed legit though I got shorted :X but still I was happy with it.
But since I had never done the substance it could easily have been an analog such as MXE & I probably wouldn't have known the difference.
Though I'd have to look there might be a difference in dosage between K & some of it's analogs.

Regardless I hope what I've posted helps point out the real problem.
Unscrupulous people selling shit as something other than what it is.
If people where honest about what product they were moving it would make a big difference.
But hey that's the nature of the game, there's always been cuts & the like but this is going a bit far IMHO.

Other than that "K" I haven't gone near anything other than my own scripts that I get from the good ole pharmacy.
You just can't trust anything else without a kit, hell pills on the street are often faked.

Eh it's an exaggeration to say that "research chemicals" are "infecting" the classic street drugs. Around here if you buy heroin or crystal meth, you'll get heroin or crystal meth. Cocaine...well, it'll be really shitty but the active drug will probably be cocaine, which has a unique high which RC amphetamines/cathinones can't mimic, for the most part (although I've heard mephedrone comes pretty close). If the lines burn and you're up for 8 hours after your last line, it's probably not coke hurr hurr

There's still large amounts of LSD circulating out there. It's still a commonly sold and used psychedelic drug.

MDMA...that situation seems more dire. Seems like there's more adulteration in that market. The average strength of MDMA tablets is going up though, so that's good.

Really what I think it comes down to is the fact that the amount of methamphetamine and heroin coming into the USA from Mexico alone probably dwarfs all imports of new RC drugs.

maybe my connections are just really good but I doubt it, LOL. I live in the middle of nowhere.

I agree completely.
However, in my area anyway, Northern Pennsylvania/New York border.
Most substances acquired in I guess what you would call a small city in NY just across the border, problem is you can't.

Everything is fake as all hell. You gotta test everything if you want anything legit.
You want cocaine, you get some RC stim with benzocaine or the like.
You want methamphetamine, you get an RC stim.
You want mushrooms, you might get legit there, or you might get some store bought mushrooms with some sorta RC tossed on em.
LSD yeah right, again some analog RC, or NBOMe.
MDMA/Molly as some would call it, RC Stim or RC of some sort, IE. 6-APB etc.

Basically what I'm saying is outside of cannabis you can't really acquire a substance & know it's legit.
I mean hell I tried what was supposedly Ketamine a few months back for the first time. I didn't have a kit.
I mean based on dosage & effects it seemed legit though I got shorted :X but still I was happy with it.
But since I had never done the substance it could easily have been an analog such as MXE & I probably wouldn't have known the difference.
Though I'd have to look there might be a difference in dosage between K & some of it's analogs.

Regardless I hope what I've posted helps point out the real problem.
Unscrupulous people selling shit as something other than what it is.
If people where honest about what product they were moving it would make a big difference.
But hey that's the nature of the game, there's always been cuts & the like but this is going a bit far IMHO.

Other than that "K" I haven't gone near anything other than my own scripts that I get from the good ole pharmacy.
You just can't trust anything else without a kit, hell pills on the street are often faked.

That sounds awful, I'm amazed somewhere in the US, so close to NY, would have such an awful drug scene. Are you sure you don't just have shitty hookups?

Oh and the K thing is easy - real K lasts an hour, max, when snorted, whereas MXE/MXP/etc. last closer to 3 or 4.

(although I've heard mephedrone comes pretty close)

Nah, it's much, much closer to MDMA. So much so that you could easily press it in pills and 90% of people would think they got legit MDMA with a bit of speed thrown in which wore off a bit earlier than usual for some reason.

That said, maybe if you binge on it for days or use it every weekend like they where for a time in the UK, it loses the serotonergic feel and becomes more of a dopamine high ala. cocaine.

Last edited:
I was kidding about ppl going out and getting the real thing if they want to tweak, but in all seriousness, if it was me I wouldn't touch those rc stims with a ten foot shard. I tried 25c once knowing what it was and it was unpleasant. I would rather of had mushrooms instead. One thing that I found surprising was how strong the effect was...I think it was 750mcg...so I think kimda high, but odd I was having trouble seeing I was having weird body movements...I knew what I was taking, I feel bad for the ones that get sold this shit as L and double drop or take a few tabs and some idiot decided to lay them 1mg each with an nbome of some sort, that kid is going to have a very rough day or two.

They should just stop fighting..its never going to end with the producers going even deeper into untested obscure drugs that exist in chem textbooks and the gov the outlawing it, as long as there is a demand it will be filled. Why not let it be filled with safer drugs so people are not dying needlessly.

Eh it's an exaggeration to say that "research chemicals" are "infecting" the classic street drugs. Around here if you buy heroin or crystal meth, you'll get heroin or crystal meth. Cocaine...well, it'll be really shitty but the active drug will probably be cocaine, which has a unique high which RC amphetamines/cathinones can't mimic, for the most part (although I've heard mephedrone comes pretty close). If the lines burn and you're up for 8 hours after your last line, it's probably not coke hurr hurr

There's still large amounts of LSD circulating out there. It's still a commonly sold and used psychedelic drug.

MDMA...that situation seems more dire. Seems like there's more adulteration in that market. The average strength of MDMA tablets is going up though, so that's good.

Really what I think it comes down to is the fact that the amount of methamphetamine and heroin coming into the USA from Mexico alone probably dwarfs all imports of new RC drugs.

maybe my connections are just really good but I doubt it, LOL. I live in the middle of nowhere.

No I don't have shitty hookups. I just haven't been in the scene for a while.
I'm going off those that still are in the scene.
And from what I've been told by these people this is the case. Perhaps it's just my area.
It's nowhere near NYC, just because it's in NY btw.

Before anyone says it's the people I'm talking to they're people I used to roll with, with plenty of drug experience.
Hell we've spent days if not weeks slamming speedballs, various pharms, pretty much everything known to god.
Well in my case everything but psych's they've never really been my gig.
Most of them have 10-40 years experience so there not exactly newbies...
But I digress, everyone is entitled to there opinion on things even if there not from the area & can't really know. :\

Thanks for the tip on the K though, I think I recall that from when I researched the dosage before giving it a whirl.
As it's been a good 6 months or so. I still have a dose or 2 sitting around at my GF's house if I recall but atm I can't stay there due to various reasons (long story). Though after my recent hospital stay, nasal & smoked options for drug usage are out. So I guess I would have to IV or IM it, though since it's such small amounts I could probably get away with nasal. Regardless I'm getting off topic though the thread seems to have done so at quite a few points.

Speaking of which not to derail the thread further if someone can PM me if they like.
Does K keep decent if just left in some foil in a cool, dry box?
Though I should probably get off my ass & look it up I got a very important appt. in 10 hours just can't sleep yet & don't feel up to looking it up atm. Regardless, that truly is the way the scene is in my area & you really do get RC's in everything other than that K I believe to be real & some mushies I got a little bit prior.
Haven't seen anything legit in ages besides that. Not that I've been looking but like I said from people that do...
TBH it seems like most of the younger users prefer the RC's where as the more experienced users are pissed off that they didn't get what they asked for.

Either way, it's a moot point the RC's are here to stay & there isn't much one can do about it.

^ I think you replied to the wrong person...

But I don't really have anything to say other than RC's shouldn't necessarily all be painted with a bad brush, plenty of good drugs started out as "research chemicals"...like LSD and MDMA, for example, or 2CB, αMT, etc. MXE has the potential to become another classic drug as well, IMO, although I don't care for it.

It is frusterating to get sold something different than you thought. That's where a test kit comes in if you're really concerned, though

I gave up on South Florida.

I went ahead and went to an EMD festival to try and score. on THREE different ocassions, apart from being ripped off TWICE! and losing about $150 from those two deals, when Ifinally did score it was fucking 6-apb. at least the dealer was nice enough to let me know after I told him I knew about RC'S.

It's been three years since I have given up on the street MDMA scene. The hastle of having people telling me to "FUCK OFF" at an EDM festival trying to score is too much of a hastle.

^ I think you replied to the wrong person...

But I don't really have anything to say other than RC's shouldn't necessarily all be painted with a bad brush, plenty of good drugs started out as "research chemicals"...like LSD and MDMA, for example, or 2CB, αMT, etc. MXE has the potential to become another classic drug as well, IMO, although I don't care for it.

It is frusterating to get sold something different than you thought. That's where a test kit comes in if you're really concerned, though

Test kits aren't available for every drug class, or necessarily reactive to whatever RC is being substituted this week. And LSD/MDMA/2CB etc. were originally produced as pharmaceuticals in a scientific setting, they are in no way comparable to the current cycling generations of new and completely untested chemicals being spat out every couple months by dodgy chemists for an easy profit.

It's not individual chemicals that are the problem as such, especially the originals that were taken from old pharmaceuticals or journals or whatnot. The first problem is that the ease of access to RC's and their relative cheapness to street drugs makes substitution or contamination a tempting offer for unscrupulous distributors/dealers/vendors. Even RC's themselves these days are quite frequently not what they're advertised as - I have a friend who was a heavy MXE user, and he had to quit because all of the MXE disappeared once it was banned in the UK.

I mean there were still websites which were advertising MXE and sending out bags of powder labelled MXE if he made a purchase (and he made many), but what was in those bags was never MXE. He literally quit a huge daily addiction to the stuff because he just couldn't get it anymore, everything sold as MXE was either diphenidine or methoxphenidine (MXP), which have a host of way shittier side effects and a distinctly less pleasant "high". If he had been a new MXE user, he would have had no idea that he wasn't consuming MXE at all, but a completely different drug with which there is even less experience and knowledge regarding the long term side effects.

Which brings me to the second problem. The first generation of RC's were pretty trustworthy because they were mostly taken from old pharms or academic journals. They weren't as researched as the illicit drugs they were replacing, but they had at least some base of knowledge behind them. But then that generation got banned, and so another generation came out as they added another atom to the molecule, or they dug deeper into older journals for chemicals on which less research had been done, and pumped those out. Then those were banned, and they dug deeper, mutated further. We've now reached the point where people all over the world are ordering chemicals online which a few months earlier had never been consumed in human history. Possibly never existed anywhere in the universe, for all we know. We're completely beyond the pale here, and if things keep going the way they are, it's only a matter of time until we get another MPTP situation, or something less insidious but no less fucked up like an extremely carcinogenic RC who's users all pop up with brain cancer a decade from now.

I'm really, really not a fan of the pharmaceutical industry, but there's a reason they test their products extensively on animals, and then on humans, before putting it out on the market - because taking completely new and unknown chemicals and pumping them into your body is a fucked up thing to do. And even more fucked up is when you don't know whether your "speed" is actually speed, or just the latest substitute amphetamine/cathinone put out last month which has had absolutely no testing done on it's effects, side effects, neurotoxicity, carcinogenesis, etc. Even worse with psychedelics - I feel bad for the people buying tabs thinking they're in for an LSD trip only to end up down some fucked up 24 hour rabbit hole. The DO* chemicals back in the day were bad enough.

And at the end of the day, MXE is the only RC which comes close to being a decent replacement/unique alternative to the drug it was inspired by. 4-mmc is just a speedy MDMA high, I don't know anyone who'd intentionally take RC stims over regular coke/amphetamine/meth if the price wasn't a factor, all those stupid benzo RC's are no better than the already wide variety of tested and properly measure pharmaceuticals, and we really don't need dozens of variations on already classic psychedelics like LSD/mushrooms/DMT etc. It might have started out as a way of getting cheap, clean drugs to the users without the legal concerns, but it's become a hydra-esque monster of a market which is just about making money for chemists/vendors/head shops while the end user plays lab rat with certainly untested and likely unknown chemicals.

Does K keep decent if just left in some foil in a cool, dry box?

Yes.

Last edited:
I gave up on South Florida.

I went ahead and went to an EMD festival to try and score. on THREE different ocassions, apart from being ripped off TWICE! and losing about $150 from those two deals, when Ifinally did score it was fucking 6-apb. at least the dealer was nice enough to let me know after I told him I knew about RC'S.

It's been three years since I have given up on the street MDMA scene. The hastle of having people telling me to "FUCK OFF" at an EDM festival trying to score is too much of a hastle.

From 2009 to 2012, I experienced the same thing.

Whenever I'd try to find some actual MDMA, the closest thing I ever got for my significant financial investment was Methylone (aka bk-MDMA). To me, it feels like a gentler version of Molly, but that includes the euphoria as well.

I also went to a couple of raves to look for the stuff, but was treated by whomever I asked as if I was a C.I. Basically I was told to fuck off and never ask again, and I wasted money to get into the rave in the first place (which I didn't enjoy), and then spent about 4 hours looking to buy. And I repeated this once more before I gave up for good.

It wasn't until mid 2012 that I finally found some top notch Dutch imported disco biscuits and shards (and MDA shards/glass too!), and to be honest, I wasn't even looking to buy - the opportunity almost spontaneously presented itself, that's all I can say (I got lucky). Everything I bought was immediately tested using 5 different reagents to confirm that I wasn't being ripped off, or that it did not contain something else as well. Marquis went straight to very dark purple (near black) in a matter of seconds. So I was very excited, despite the fact that the transaction put a notable dent in my wallet.

So I suppose my point in telling you or anyone else reading this is as follows: the real stuff is out there, but with all the revelations of Uncle Sam spying on just about everyone who uses a phone or the internet to communicate, the suppliers of such prized gear are possibly attempting to remain off the grid, and as anonymous as possible.

By the way, that opportunity came and went. And I have no idea what became of whoever I dealt with. Just saying that in case a reader thinks I have connections (I don't). I'm a good boy!

From 2009 to 2012, I experienced the same thing.

Whenever I'd try to find some actual MDMA, the closest thing I ever got for my significant financial investment was Methylone (aka bk-MDMA). To me, it feels like a gentler version of Molly, but that includes the euphoria as well.

I also went to a couple of raves to look for the stuff, but was treated by whomever I asked as if I was a C.I. Basically I was told to fuck off and never ask again, and I wasted money to get into the rave in the first place (which I didn't enjoy), and then spent about 4 hours looking to buy. And I repeated this once more before I gave up for good.

That's crazy dude! When lived in soFL in 2010 it was hard to get away from MDMA (pills, which were ok, or even crystal)--could never find LSD to save my life but X was pretty available.

I remember one time I went to a Glitch Mob show and there was this kid loitering around the ticket office with a rock of MDMA almost as big as his fist... He had it in his hands and when I walked by he showed me and said, "Help me get in?" I don't like MDMA or I would have taken him up... Literally looked like a hunk of quartz it was so big

Literally looked like a hunk of quartz it was so big

LOL

The stuff I had looked like pieces of shattered stunt/film glass. When looking at it closely, it did have a very slight brownish tint to it, but regardless, it appeared to be very high purity (close to 84% ). And the same was also true for the MDA.

In other words, whoever cooked up both the MDMA and the MDA did a good job, in my opinion at least.

Those are good points I suppose. I guess it all depends on what the marketplace demands...unfortunately there are probably enough drug consumers out there who don't care what they're consuming as long as they get high that the situation will persist.

Damn man, sounds like the rave scene is pretty shitty out your way.

I've heard that Canada still has a bunch of MDMA and a good scene...IIRC most of the MDMA in the USA comes in through Canada, Quebec in particular.

Or he just walked in in jeans and a button up shirt or somesuch and started asking random people "I'm here to purchase MDMA, can you help me?" :p Especially if he was older than the crowd at the rave. Of course you're gonna get blown off if you just go up to strangers out of the blue and ask them to sell you illicit drugs, especially if nobody else knows and can vouch for you and you don't look like you belong in that crowd.

Or he just walked in in jeans and a button up shirt or somesuch and started asking random people "I'm here to purchase MDMA, can you help me?" :p Especially if he was older than the crowd at the rave. Of course you're gonna get blown off if you just go up to strangers out of the blue and ask them to sell you illicit drugs, especially if nobody else knows and can vouch for you and you don't look like you belong in that crowd.

That's exactly what I recall doing, but I was definitely not out of place there in terms of age, or dress code.

Perhaps my Caucasian + sketchy appearance wasn't helping much, as about half of the 5000+ people in attendance were of Asian descent.

Was it stupid of me to ask random people? Absolutely. Was it "wrong?" I don't give two shits if it was or not, but I did try to limit my search to the ones who were chewing gum, sipping on water, smiling nearly constantly, and busting 'lawnmower man' dance moves (like that infamous YouTube video).

In the end, I found out after going back there with some friends to see/listen to Benny Benassi do a live set - but not intent on asking random people like I did before - that if I just stood in particular areas of the club and waited long enough (~15min), people who'd be there selling their product(s) would come over and offer me a menu, because according to one of them, it was apparent that I needed some "supa-happy pills, yo!"

And once the other dealers supposedly saw that I wasn't there to bust them, I was soon all but showered with solicitations of "really good shit - imported from Yemen. That's right - Yemen!"

The End.

It has gotten really bad, and the usual pill testing sites seem to support that. And that's why I've told family, friends, and acquaintances residing in the GTA to stay away from ecstasy pills. They're so likely to contain some RC or Piperazines and so unlikely to contain any MDMA that it's just not worth it at all anymore - particularly if you do not own a testing kit.

When I last looked in the GTA section on PR, all the reports were labelled as bunk or (possibly dangerously) adulterated going back about 3 months. Yeah... that's fucking bad IMO.

I suspect that the reports of huge amounts of Safrole being confiscated by the CBSA in Vancouver back in 2009 must be one reason why the supply dried up the way it did. Sure, there may be other ways to synthesize MDMA, but I gather most cooks still depend on the Safrole.

Also, the rave scene over here in general is crap compared to what I've experienced when I visited my cousin in Sydney, Australia back in 2013. And even when it comes to Montreal, which is a few hours drive time away, it's shit.

I plan on going - for the first time - to Qlimax later this year (November 21st) in Arnhem, Netherlands. And I seriously cannot wait!

Last edited:
Did any of them go up in flames??? i swear these stim RCS, I don't think regular peeps trying this kinda stuff from headshops realize how STRONG it is, stay up for day, and go crazy..."it was legal didn't think it would do anything, though it made me feel great after snoting/smoking it so I did it for a weeek with no sleep,lol.