Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

⫸STICKY⫷ Pm(m)a warning thread -- now: red Chupa Chups & possibly 'Teddy Bears'

BigG

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi folks,

I just read this article in The Summary which is an online news letter for paramedics and other front line ambulance staff concerning a dodgy batch of pills.

Apologies if you already knew this but I felt a certain responsibility to pass it on....

Public Health England drugs warning

Public Health England is warning of possible continued availability of red Superman pills sold as ecstasy but containing large quantities of PMMA (paramethoxymethamphetamine), a more potent chemical, linked to a number of recent deaths and hospitalisations in this country.
PMMA is a class A drug and has similar effects to MDMA (the chemical normally found in ecstasy) and therefore pills containing PMMA are often sold as ecstasy but it takes longer to take effect but can kill at lower doses than MDMA. It can cause a rapid and fatal rise in body temperature, severely raised heart rate and blood pressure.
Please report any intelligence concerning the use/risks of ecstasy-like tablets to Robert Wolstenholme or Steve Taylor at Public Health England on 020 3682 0537 or 020 3682 0540, or [email protected] and [email protected]

Please take care guys <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I know these were thought to be out of circulation by now after their release quite a while back and a number of big seizures of them at the borders...

I'll stick it regardless but has there been more recent bad reactions/deaths or is the article a bit slow on the up take. Wasn't it around Xmas when these started appearing?

Anyway, thank you Englandz :)

Paramethoxymethamphetamine is all the proof anyone should ever need that there is no benevolent God. Fancy having a molecule that plays badly with MAOIs at one end ..... and is an MAOI the other end.

A molecule that has an alcohol functional group on one end and a carboxylate functional group on the other end at least does something useful. (I'm wearing it now .....)

From what I've been told these are remnants of the old Bach from a few months back. Someone obviously horded them when it was realised they contained mainly PMMA and is now trying to release his stock into the market, perhaps hoping people have forgotten??? But I doubt it somehow!!
The medicines management woman I spoke to at work mentioned deaths but I don't know how many or when they .

Be vary worry of purchasing any of the please folk. <3 <3. <3. <3

Heads up! PMMA on the way!

This can go in the PMA warning sticky, just putting it out here for now to hopefuly draw a little attention to the issue & reduce the likelihood of fatalities.

Release are warning of a batch of Dutch pills recently IDd as containing large doses of PMMA. Now that these have been IDd in Holland/mainland Europe, there's a bloody good chance they'll end up here &/or in Ireland. So let's get the warnings out nice & early just in case...

! ! HIGH DOSE PMMA - AVOID ! !

11150211_10153798485202576_4670904818859021784_n.png

what is going on in holland at the minute seems like some kind of snuff cult doing the rounds that guy selling smack as coke and now this weird

just looked up the lethal dose

The synthesis and effects of PMMA were described by American experimental chemist Alexander Shulgin in his book PiHKAL, where it is referred to by the name "methyl-MA", as the n-methylated form of 4-MA (PMA). Shulgin reported that PMMA produces an increase in blood pressure and in heart rate, at doses above 100 mg, but causes no psychoactive effects at these levels.

so these are dosed as not to really work as well other than to raise the blood pressure and heart rate

But not much higher doses, or mixed with other drugs like MDMA can easily kill. It takes longer to come up than MDMA as well as not being very fun, so some people might think they got a dud or a weak pill, take another & die.

Thanks for the heads up!
Weird thing is that I have not seen/ heard anything about these pills in Dutch news/ forums/ test center websites/ other information sources yet..
Do you have a link to the source of this photo?

Do you have a link to the source of this photo?

Nah, this photo was posted on social media by Release along with a brief description of how they'd been IDd by testers & came with a link which when followed led to the generic PMMA/PMA page at Release website with nothing else specific regarding those pills.

If you come across some, test 'em very carefully with the full set to distinguish MDMA from PMMA/PMA!

Is it permiitted to post a link to reagent suppliers, I've never seen one on BL? Probably not, so I'll wait to hear one way or the other. I found a great company selling complete 5-test sets for much better value than the ubiquitous Eztest, One-off tests.

Yeah better safe than sorry.

Is it me or do these dodgy pills always turn up come festival/ summer season? Seems to be so in NL at least

I caould do a more professional looking press using nothing but a dash of talcum powder, half a safrol tree, fifteen packets of paracetamol, the balloon, two sharp hairpins plus a magnet, and my bare buttcheeks

Last edited:
Is it permiitted to post a link to reagent suppliers

It certainly is permitted and very much encouraged in fact. The only proviso is that any linked sites must contain nothing even remotely sourcey (no "legal highs" or RCs whatever their legal status). Drug test reagents count as HR supplies so are perfectly fine to link to just as any other HR supply site is fine to link to. Linkies are go %)

Will merge this with the other PMA/PMMA thread - nice find and thanks for brining it to wider attention, Si <3

Thanks for the heads up Si Dread, pretty high dose PMMA pills.

No probs fellas

It certainly is permitted and very much encouraged in fact.

Will merge this with the other PMA/PMMA thread - nice find and thanks for brining it to wider attention, Si <3

Excellent! In order to differentiate between PMMA/PMA & MDMA you now need to test usng five sperate reagents.

7351da_620284ca4d7f497c9f4f32a516b4515b.jpg_srb_p_319_182_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

http://www.safetest4.co.uk/#!test-kit-3/c1nup

EZTest used to be like this, a little bottle, lasted for ages. But Reagents do go off & readings can vary over time as they do. They all go off at differing rates too, so pay attention to your *use by dates* & stick to them. These sets are priced reaosnably enough to replace regularly.

These guys are not just selling the best value & most inclusive kits but they're also eager to help in any way, drop 'em a line. There's also loads of info online & in their paperwork, read it all!

If you're taking, you're testing

www.safetest4.co.uk

Last edited:
Wow, I ran into those rolling stones not long ago. Luckily they look very shitty so at least users with some experience will not buy them. PMA/PMMA seems to be making a real comeback these past few months sadly :(

There is a warning about the supermen pills in my local jail. Been there for a while.

Ran into the red superman pills yesterday, confirmed PMMA with my testkit. Apparantly they're still being bought and sold over here. I'm from Belgium so they're not local to the UK alone (perhaps change the title of the thread?). Watch out everyone and warn as many people as you can, you might save a life. The guy that showed them to me wanted to roll on them coming weekend, he had heard nothing about the recent spade of deaths

There was an incident in Dublin last night outside the Twisted Pepper nightclub, a girl, Ana Hicks took three pills tagged as PMMA and had a heart attack before she entered the club, so a warning to anyone going to Life festival, Body & Soul, Forbidden Fruit, Longitude and Electric Picnic, these dodgy pills will possibly be floating around, take care. http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-teenager-fighting-life-hospital-5711038

There was an incident in Dublin last night outside the Twisted Pepper nightclub, a girl, Ana Hicks took three pills tagged as PMMA and had a heart attack before she entered the club, so a warning to anyone going to Life festival, Body & Soul, Forbidden Fruit, Longitude and Electric Picnic, these dodgy pills will possibly be floating around, take care. http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-teenager-fighting-life-hospital-5711038

From the sound of things these were a copycat of the RED / PINK CHUPA CHUPS, but unconfirmed.

Sadly she has since died. :(

Last edited: