• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

differences between amphetamine and methaphetamine?

paris1x

Greenlighter
So what are the differences between amphetamine and methamphetamine? are their highs different?

and can methamphetamine (capsule form) be administered through the rectum?

thank you!

The highs are different, yes, but if you get it from the street, untested, it's often cut with crap. Both of the substances. Pure methamphetamine has a warmer, more intense feeling than pure amphetamine. Also, the feeling is more natural, less as if it's chemically forced on you. The duration of the peak is shorter with meth, but a long plateau where you can't sleep follows, as opposed to amphetamine which doesn't really feel like peaking, but more like a 7 hour plateau, which slowly deminishes. I think a new user to both substances wouldn't tell the difference, but I could clearly tell them apart, since I had 3~4 years of amphetamine use prior to my first meth experience.

I wouldn't know if a capsule works, but dissolving in water and plugging should.

which doesn't really feel like peaking, but more like a 7 hour plateau

7 hours? for amphetamine? i have taken lots of speed back in the day, but there always was a distinct high of 0.5-2 hours (depending on tolerance), followed by a phase of increased energy and wakefulness that lasted up to 4 hours after insufflation. not even without any tolerance did amp keep me from sleeping more than 4 hours.

Oral amphetamine dosed once at 10-20mg never kept me up more than four hours. But repeated oral doses even for a few hours can easily keep you up for a whole day.

So what are the differences between amphetamine and methamphetamine? are their highs different?

and can methamphetamine (capsule form) be administered through the rectum?

thank you!

Methamphetamine is amphetamine which is methylated. That means it is blood-soluble and thus absorbed much better. I haven't done meth so I can't comment on the high but I recommend to avoid completely. There are better, safer drugs like MDMA.

7 hours? for amphetamine? i have taken lots of speed back in the day, but there always was a distinct high of 0.5-2 hours (depending on tolerance), followed by a phase of increased energy and wakefulness that lasted up to 4 hours after insufflation. not even without any tolerance did amp keep me from sleeping more than 4 hours.

I've been doing amphetamine for the first time in ages these last few weeks and I've been quite surprised at how much shorter the high is in lower doses.

But from what I remember of larger doses in my past, and what I've also found with redosing recently, is that it can last significantly longer.

But which one is more stimulating mentally and which one is more stimulating physically?

But which one is more stimulating mentally and which one is more stimulating physically?

I'm unsure which is more mentally stimulating (probably methamphetamine), but LearntYoung gave a pretty good description of the differences which you could use to gauge for yourself. I'd imagine methamphetamine is more physically and mentally powerful all round from what I've read. Perhaps more of an empathogen-esque edge to it?

To be honest, I couldn't really tell the difference if not the duration.
For instance if I get to a same level of stimulation a.k.a. level of highness, meth will last longer but have shittier comedown.

Methamphetamine feels somewhat robotic and quite light overall with shittier comedown as closeyoureyes mentioned. I'd say it's more bodily stimulating than amp.

Amphetamine feels more euphoric (for me) but dirtier at the same time. The high lasts and lasts, no peaks like with meth.

As far as I know, methamphetamine is a lot more neurotoxic than amphetamine, and it produces less desirable effects for me. These days I don't do plain stims besides occasional Isopropylphenidate but I'd much prefer regular Amp to Meth.