MAPS Alternative Depression Treatments - My Own Human Trial and Analysis

• Thread starter HopefulDepressive
  • Start date
H

HopefulDepressive

Hello all - trying to help others by posting my daily journal of experiments with various alternative treatments to depression and anxiety. I don't sell anything, just hoping to give info and possibly receive ideas / suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a really good idea, it's sort of like a diary to yourself and a blog to the world, I particularly like how you've listed what works/doesn't work etc. for you, funnily enough many of those things are quite the same for me.

I think it's good you've started a regimen of a nootropic stack - due to past benzo abuse I use Noopept for work as without it, my memory retention skills and overall concentration and focus would be non-existant (slightly exaggeration, but you get the picture). I LOVE Coluracetam - it seems to have almost an instant built-in anti-depressant effect to it, to the point where it actually really boosts my mood. Noopept + Coluracetam are fab together, I need to add a choline source though (only just began my interest in nootropics).

There's debate as to whether Coluracetam actually does affect your vision, or indeed other senses - for me, it brought back a lovely constant visual field of how I see the world on 4-HO-MET, which is one of my favourite pyschedelics. This definitely was not placebo, and was very much an unexpected but welcome surprise! Music also sounds significantly better.

"
Good morning, no anxiety to speak of, confident during presentation. I tend to overreact to bad things in my life. I error on the side of pleasing people and fear the worst should I take a certain action. I had the confidence that the world would not fall apart should I choose to work from home today. And indeed all was okay. I delivered my presentation just fine remotely and all was okay!
"

It's so lovely to read things like that :) You should feel proud of yourself, with me and my depression one of the most satisfying feelings really is that "and indeed all was okay". Only had a quick look through your page but it looks like you're making progress, and whilst the Nootropics are assisting you in this, remember that it's also down to YOU and how strong you're being to fight through depression and anxiety!

One thing I'd definitely reccommend is magnesium - okay, maybe not the worlds most exciting drug, but hear me out. Since taking magnesium supplements it's like a weight has been lifted off my chest - I feel like I can approach what would usually be terror-inducing situations (i.e even going to ask my manager if he wants a coffee, and if I'd made it right) naturally, to the extent where in the workplace (which is full of strong and sometimes intimidating characters) I feel in control and don't get the "FFS WHY DID I JUST SAY THAT" feeling, I'm growing in confidence and I can honestly say it's the least anxious and most comfortable with myself I've been in years.

It's also helped my depression massively - only started on magnesium 3 weeks ago and, to put it bluntly, I was not in a good place before then. I don't want to trigger any reactions for people so I'll just say I was as low as could be. Not only does magnesium help alleviate symptoms of depression MASSIVELY, it also reduces my tendancies for destructive or irrational behaviour and thoughts, and even allows me to think in detail as to why I might be having those thoughts and how I can manage them effectively.

Depression also tends to cause fatigue in me and, again, this is something magnesium helps with. The "I refuse to leave bed and I want to hibernate here away from the world" feeling has completely vanished, and that type of thinking been such a major part of my life for so many years I can't express how good it is not to feel like that anymore.

ANYWAY - sorry for hijacking your thread a bit about my magnesium rant! Just thought I'd let you know how it's helped my depression and anxiety seeing as you have so may great ideas on your site it's only really fair to share my 2c as to what could possibly help you, and others further.

I'd definitely recommend your site to others, I've saved it to my Favourites Bar :)

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate your comments on Magnesium. I began taking magnesium with kratom to limit tolerance but it did not help so I stopped. I went on a month-long daily kratom binge when I first discovered it - will blog about it soon. I will add it beginning tomorrow - thanks for the advice.

Curious as to your dosage level on Coluracetam?

iv been taking agomelatine for about 2 and a half weeks (i wrote a thread about it here)

its a novel melatonergic anti-depressant with no side effects which i think is worth doing some research about

some people respond in the first week, most it can take 4-7 weeks for full effects to be felt, its a subtle but very pleasant and easy on the body med

magnesium is a good idea, the only problem is i forget to take it some days, and it takes 3 weeks of taking it morning & night daily for me to start feeling the positive effects of it on my anxiety and stress.

Hello all - trying to help others by posting my daily journal of experiments with various alternative treatments to depression and anxiety. I don't sell anything, just hoping to give info and possibly receive ideas / suggestions

I have a journal. My journal is private because of legal reasons. If you give others pieces of your journal you should do so AFTER you have concluded your research.

Also keeping track of your health is beneficial in reducing the prevalence of preventable health issues such as hypertension, obesity, and diabetes. If you occasionally monitor your vital signs and keep a record of your normal physical activity level and diet you'll recognize the onset of chronic disease earlier. You should continue visiting your primary care provider, getting a physical, and your blood work done at least every 12 months (ask and the doctor should provide copies of your blood work, xrays, ect. for your personal records free of charge). Here are a few tools you could purchase at Walmart.

Blood glucose monitor <$20
Blood pressure monitor ~$30
Scale <$20
Stethoscope ~$10
Thermometer <$5

THE MERCK MANUAL OF DIAGNOSIS AND THERAPY
http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/index.html

How to Perform a Thorough but Streamlined Medical Physical Exam
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Thorough-but-Streamlined-Medical-Physical-Exam

The week that was

BillJr - understand about the legality of things. I am hoping to get feedback and DO NOT recommend anyone try the below. I assume others have ideas for me to try, and I suspect that posting my weekly dosage details might help others in the same situation.

With that, here is the week that was - let me know if you have any suggestions.

Sunday

Wanting to test the limits of pramiracetam and noopept to see if there is any noticeable effect for me, so going to stack them and increase my does this AM.
750mg pramiracetam (3 caps)
80mg noopept
420mg alpha gpc
fish oil
multi-vitamin

9:15am - feeling very good. Very focused and excited, happy even!!! Looks like this is the correct dose for these 2 - good stack so far.
Did notice some additional agitation - attributing it to Noopept for now. Good productive day,
5pm
500mg l-theanine (2 caps) - prefer just 1 - too much.
Monday
8am
1.2g Oxiracetam (2 caps am) and 600mg mid day (1 cap mid day)
50mg Coluracetam, 50mg mid day
400mg alpha gpc x (1am, 1pm)
fish oil (liquid)
multi-vitamin
9:10am
Feeling a little better, but not as dramatic as results last Friday. Could be the lack of Claritin this AM vs. last Frday?
I was sort of down all day - maybe just a rainy monday.... This did not work as well as hoped.

Tuesday
I need to be very productive today. Picamilon is supposed to have calming effects, so interested to see if this interferes with my productivity.
750mg pramiracetam (3 caps)
250mg picamilon (1 cap)
400mg alpha gpc (1 cap)
fish oil
multi-vitamin
Hydroxicut sx7 - green coffee bean extract for caffeine.
The above stack worked well, and I was able to keep it together today. I was fairly focused in the AM, ate a small lunch and began to crash around 3-4pm.
3pm
1.5g phenibut (3 caps)
What a relief it is to have this at my disposal. I was free of anxiety and depression by 7pm which is pretty amazing given what is on my plate. It is 9pm and I have been working for 2 hours and still in a good mood :)

Wednesday
Afterglow from phenibut is very noticeable and pleasant.Vision is a bit blurry but I can manage.
700g Sulbutamine (2 caps)
1.2g Aniracetam
400mg alpha gpc
fish oil (liquid)
multi-vitamin
Good morning, no anxiety to speak of, confident during presentation. I tend to overreact to bad things in my life. I error on the side of pleasing people and fear the worst should I take a certain action. I had the confidence that the world would not fall apart should I choose to work from home today. And indeed all was okay. I delivered my presentation just fine remotely and all was okay!
1pm
2.8g (7 caps) Kratom - White Vein Boreno
Not as racing as last couple of kratom sessions, - could be slack interaction with phenibut. Still feeling a bit crosseyed from phenibut yesterday - over 24 hours. Might try only 2 caps next time.

Thursday
1.2g Oxiracetam (2 caps am) and 600mg mid day (1 cap mid day)
50mg noopept, 50mg noopept mid day
50mg Coluracetam, 50mg mid day
400mg alpha gpc x (1am, 1pm)
fish oil (liquid)
multi-vitamin
250mg magnesium

So so day, not overly productive but not down either. I think this was way too much stuff in my brain. Kind of felt out of it, hard to think. This is the first time I have experienced this. I want to try noopept and coluracetam together - perhaps skip the oxiracetam next time.

Friday
170mg Phenylpiracetam (1 in am, 1 in pm)
400mg alpha gpc x (1 in am, 1 in pm)
fish oil (liquid)
multi-vitamin
250mg magnesium
Day off work - has been productive and in a fairly good mood. Finished my taxes - and stayed in a fairly positive mood despite seeing lots of $s leave my bank account to pay the government. I feel my typing has gotten a bit worse - as if my brain is moving faster than my fingers can keep up with?? In the mornings before I dose my nootropics I am sensing a clear-headedness that I really like. Thinking of taking a week off and see how it goes...
2pm
smart caffeine (1 cap - 100mg caffeine, 200mg l-theanine)

3pm
1.5G Phenibut (3 caps)

Saturday
Kratom only

The full report with other weeks and analysis at thehopefuldepressive wordpress com.

i was under the impression that it can take a few weeks of taking the same nootropic for its effects to become apparent

as opposed to taking a different one every day