• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Using Ammonia to make Crack

Treeburner

Bluelighter
Following the instructions in Forgotten's Cocaine faq on how to make crack, is it necessary for the solution to be maintained at a higher than room temperature (ie warm but not hot) or is this heating simply to separate any cuts from the cocaine?

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated as we're hoping to do this asap =p

~Treeburner

Are you set on doing this via the ammonia route? I don't know the differences/benefits this way...but you say a quick answer would be best...so I may suggest that if you're in a hurry, you may wanna just do it with some baking soda...not sure if you wanna actually have a rock to smoke, but you can always do the, piece of tinfoil/coke with some baking soda/water, i'm sure you know it from here...

Treeburner said:
Following the instructions in Forgotten's Cocaine faq on how to make crack, is it necessary for the solution to be maintained at a higher than room temperature (ie warm but not hot) or is this heating simply to separate any cuts from the cocaine?

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated as we're hoping to do this asap =p

~Treeburner

The heat helps the chemical reaction that is taking place... It is easy to maintain a constant warm temperture with your household stove. Provided you still have electricity or gas hooked up, and haven't stiffed the companies on their bills.

I've tried the baking soda, water and coke in a spoon before, but I can never seem to separate the precipate from the rest of the mixture and I end up having to smoke the whole salty mess once it dries. Now as far as I know, the mixture should be kind of soupy, not real watery but not paste, right? I'm using a 2:1 coke:bakingsoda ratio as suggested by a number of people.

Tried a couple times and only got it right once, seemed like the ammonia method might be easier to form and separate the precipate.

Any advice?

~Treeburner

Lol no wonder my rocks are so damn salty :D
Gonna try it tomorrow with a 4:1 ratio, hopefully that will do the trick.

Just for clarification, what does a good quality crack rock look like?

~Treeburner

^^^

I've always purchased rocks already as such, not powder cocaine...and the looks have varied with the really good ones, so I'm not sure a definite answer can be provided, mainly due IMO to the fact that the coke that goes around has so many different cuts, different ones will cause different reactions...I have had soft, gooey rocks that have been awesome and sometimes average, and other times the most rock hard rocks were also really good. Color in general always seems to be an off white, slightly yellow, but not too yellow, more off white. But again, not neccesarily an absolute fact. Maybe someone else can give an answer "for sure" but I personally think it's near impossible due to all the different coke cuts, the different methods to make crack, etc. the physical properties are hardly a distinguishing factor in quality.

You should probably use a test tube instead of a spoon. That way you can see the layer of oil on top. Baking soda works just as well as ammonia does. Be careful to not leave unreacted cocaine.

RIkilla said:
You should probably use a test tube instead of a spoon. That way you can see the layer of oil on top. Baking soda works just as well as ammonia does. Be careful to not leave unreacted cocaine.

baking soda does work, but not as well as ammonia. it leaves a good bit of soda in the mix.