• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Solution to my neck problem?

Munchkoala

Ex-Bluelighter
I spend large amounts of time staring at a computer screen during the week. My posture often takes a form of me hunching, without me realising and trying to correct it when I can.

However, I get an incredibly sore neck, which makes pretty horrid clicking sounds when I roll my head side to side.

I get neck muscle twitches, which makes it hard talking to people sometimes, because it can be distracting.

Does anyone else get this problem - the sore, twitching, and loud licking neck? Do you have a fix for it? Any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance :)

You need to move around more. Get up & walk around every hour. Do neck stretches (google it). Get a better chair or a standing desk. Take long walks.

I had same problem

stop sitting,either stand or lay 100% no sitting........ "but I have sitting job and car and blah blah blah " whatever its your suffering not mine

step 2 = start doing deadlifts,close grip pulldowns,neck bridges.... train neck and back.Its important you eat caloric surplus becose the muscle mass that will hold your bones in correct posture aint gonna grow without it,training and stretching without caloric surplus is pointless I have dealt with same problem for years

have you thought of going to a yoga class once or twice a week? i used to be a dishwasher and i would get a sore back from bending over a sink and twisting my back for 7 hour shifts every day.

after practicing yoga for a few weeks the pain pretty much subsided due to developing stronger muscles supporting my spine