Writing-up Why do you use marijuana/cannabis?

akdavis

Bluelighter
I am a graduate student in psychology conducting a study about people’s views of their reasons for using marijuana. You must be between the ages of 18 and 65 to participate.

As compensation, and as a way to “pay it forward,” we will donate $5.00 to Bluelight (a public forum about substance use) for each person who completes all study materials (up to $150).

If you are interested in reading more about my study before you decide to participate, please visit the following secure link:
NO LONGER RECRUITING

Please contact the primary investigator, Alan K. Davis, at [email protected] or call him at 419-372-7255 with any questions.
Also, you can verify my identity and see my recent scientific publications at the following web page:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alan_Davis6/?ev=prf_highl

Additionally:
The study has been approved by the Human Subjects Review Board at Bowling Green State University.
Start date: March 27th 2015; End date: April 9th, 2015.
Only exclusion criteria: Under 18 and over 65, those who don't consume marijuana at least 1/mo.
Approximate completion time is less that 20 minutes.
Anyone, from any country, can participate.

Cheers,
Alan
Alan K Davis, M.A.
Doctoral Candidate – Clinical Psychology
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402

Last edited:
Hi Alan, thanks for posting about your newest research. Great idea about donating to Bluelight, we appreciate the support. And great to see a link to your most recent publications :)

It would be helpful if you could kindly edit your post to include all the necessary information about your study, see our guidelines here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/345977-Forum-Guidelines (e.g. ethics approval, approximate time commitment to participate, opening and anticipated closing dates, confirmation that residents of any country can complete)

From a researcher perspective, I'm also interested in the research question. There has been ample research about the reasons people use drugs and cannabis in particular. Is there a specific angle that makes this study unique?

Monica

Hi!

Thanks for your post. I just edited my original post to tackle your comments. Also, to answer your question about the content of my study, I am using a theory of passionate attachment applied to marijuana use, which is the novel component of this study. Passionate attachment has been used as a model for understanding two different types of engagement in a behavior, obsessive engagement (problematic) and harmonious engagement (value-based and positive). I published a study looking at this theory with MDMA users and am now extending that study to look at passionate attachment with marijuana use (you can read that manuscript on my research gate profile). I'm keeping this response broad for the public forum but would be happy to go into more detail in an email or message.

Cheers,
Alan

Hi Tronica, We have concluded with our recruitment for this study. Would you please change the status of the project for me?

Cheers,
Alan