• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc It's official I completely F*cked myself on my scripts. Help needed please!!

DubbyCee

Bluelighter
I put this under (misc) cuz it's two different f*ck ups. I decided to not listen to myself n just said f*ck it I'm gna do some of these patches (fentanyl 25mcg patch 15 a month). I go to the doctor on the 31st I've been on the 25mcg for at least 3 months n they are weak as fuck. I have one patch left which I'm going to cut in half n seal so that'll spare me some extra days n not feel like shit. Cuz with dividing the patch in twos leaves me with 6 days without any, that's only if he doesn't change my dosage (which I'm sure he will). I also get 60 oxy IR 20s a month so even if he doesn't bump it up I suppose I can use those and I get my Refil of xanax 2mg on the 3rd (also just took my last half bar a minute ago)... So my question is, is there anything I can do to not be going through epic opiate w/d's n benzo w/d's. Yes fentanyl/opiate withdrawal sucks, but I'd take it any day over xanax withdrawals. I fucking have seizures on the 6th day n like the end of the 4th day it is pure delirium.

Any advice, comments, help is appreciated!!
DC

The fuck? You get 15 25 mcg fentanyl patches, 60 20 mg oxycodone AND 2 mg alprazolam a month? I'm sure you're in legitimate pain, because those wouldn't just be handed out by some GP. I won't berate you for running out early, because I do it every month. I don't understand, why would you go through opioid withdrawals, though? You said you have the oxycodone left, right? Also, if you took your last Xanax already, you definitely will go through benzo withdrawals if you have to wait until April 3rd to get a refill. No, there's nothing you can do to delay it. You're just going to have to go through with it. I'm sorry, Dub. Unless you resort to copping on the streets, but I would never advise anyone to do that. Getting robbed or going to jail is much worse than going through withdrawals.

edit: Do you happen to have gabapentin? I've heard that it can lessen withdrawal symptoms for both opioid and benzo discontinuation. Oh, also, I really didn't mean to sound like a dick by starting off by saying, "The fuck?" lol. Sorry, about that. I'm secretly jealous since my doctor bumped me down to a criminally tiny amount of opioid medication.

Also, how to do use the fentanyl patches? Do you stick them on your arm? You can extend them for a long time by using them sublingually or chewing on them by cutting them into sixteenths and using one strip at a time. This is a highly dangerous practice, though, and can result in overdose if you're using the old style gel patches and not the matrix ones. The matrix patches contain a mostly equal amount of fenatnyl in each "square", whereas the gel ones can contain a huge amount on one side of the patch and barely any in another area. Be careful if you decide to try this. Please.

Last edited:
The fuck? You get 15 25 mcg fentanyl patches, 60 20 mg oxycodone AND 2 mg alprazolam a month? I'm sure you're in legitimate pain, because those wouldn't just be handed out by some GP. I won't berate you for running out early, because I do it every month. I don't understand, why would you go through opioid withdrawals, though? You said you have the oxycodone left, right? Also, if you took your last Xanax already, you definitely will go through benzo withdrawals if you have to wait until April 3rd to get a refill. No, there's nothing you can do to delay it. You're just going to have to go through with it. I'm sorry, Dub. Unless you resort to copping on the streets, but I would never advise anyone to do that. Getting robbed or going to jail is much worse than going through withdrawals.

edit: Do you happen to have gabapentin? I've heard that it can lessen withdrawal symptoms for both opioid and benzo discontinuation. Oh, also, I really didn't mean to sound like a dick by starting off by saying, "The fuck?" lol. Sorry, about that. I'm secretly jealous since my doctor bumped me down to a criminally tiny amount of opioid medication.

Also, how to do use the fentanyl patches? Do you stick them on your arm? You can extend them for a long time by using them sublingually or chewing on them by cutting them into sixteenths and using one strip at a time. This is a highly dangerous practice, though, and can result in overdose if you're using the old style gel patches and not the matrix ones. The matrix patches contain a mostly equal amount of fenatnyl in each "square", whereas the gel ones can contain a huge amount on one side of the patch and barely any in another area. Be careful if you decide to try this. Please.

Hahaha it's all good, by starting of with "the fuck". My title has fuck in it lmao!! I was hit by a drunk driver on my motorcycle in 2007 my back is totally fucked. I've been on opioids for over 8 years (so I have a HUGE tolerance). I have been on xanax 2mg 2x a day for 7 years (so I have a HUGE tolerance n have to take 3 a day). I'm sure my doctor will bump the dosage of my patch up or just leave it as is. I just went HAM when I got my scripts n got faded for a couple of weeks, so I fucked myself (I rarely do that cuz wd's suck balls) I actually do have gabapentine. I have the 600mg ones, clonodine n back cream (with ketamine in it) so it won't be too bad. I also have trazadone I can take at night for the insomnia.

To answer your question on how I've been using the fentanyl patches. I used to chew em n do them sublingual (IMO it has no effect). I have been taking the gel out and IV'ing them. Yes I know the risk of IV'ing fent so no one needs to tell me that. I'm highly educated with pharmaceuticals n what I can handle. I can easily IV a whole 25mcg patch n be fine (I've done it plenty of times). I do have control though, I don't consider myself a junkie. It's just a lot of times I'm in serious pain and need relief right away. I also just got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes so I have nerve pain from that, along with the pain I already have from my accident.

Thanks for the advice. I didn't know gaba helps with wd's! Also, I cut my last patch got a little gel out to IV some n then sealed it with a lighter so I have some of a patch on now cuz I was trying to go without the fent to save it, but I was already sweating n feeling like shit!!

DC

Man, you really need to be more careful on the benzo withdrawal. Yes, the opiate withdrawal sucks, but it is rarely dangerous. Benzo withdrawals, however, can be very dangerous. If you have someone you can stay with to keep an eye on you in case of seizure/panic attack/whatever, that would be optimal. But seriously, with the benzos, I'd either keep a stash of a couple bars or leave it with someone you trust in case this happens again.

Yeah your tolerance is pretty high, mate! Also thanks for understanding my "the fuck" LOL. I always nodded out by chewing the patches, but I had less tolerance than you. I've never tried IVing the gel from the patch, what does it look like as it is prepared? It's not too viscous or gelled up? Sorry about your accident, man. I know what it's like to run out early. Thanks, war on drugs! Fucking awesome world we live in where people tell us what to do with our bodies.

Gabapentin helps me a lot when I run out of my shit. I usually start with 600 mg x 2 daily and titrate up or down until I'm feeling better. It's not a cure-all, but it lessens withdrawals by maybe 30% which is huge. Loperamide at 48 mg x 2 daily makes about 75% of withdrawals go away for me with the gabapentin, and it's so easy to get and cheap at Walmart or Dollar Tree/Store. I recently did some research and discovered that loperamide is cardiotoxic at really high doses, so just use enough to where you're feeling a little bit better. With your tolerance that could be higher than 48 mg. It takes four hours for me to take effect, but I know it's working when my legs stop burning like a son of a bitch.

The thing with gabapentin is, it's sort of up in the air as to whether or not it assists in benzo withdrawals. It does certainly help for opioid withdrawals, though. I'm very sorry to say that I've never really found anything that takes the edge off completely for benzo wd. First and foremost, search through your med cabinet for anything that could prevent seizures, since you already know that it's quite possible to seize when withdrawing from benzos.

Man, you really need to be more careful on the benzo withdrawal. Yes, the opiate withdrawal sucks, but it is rarely dangerous. Benzo withdrawals, however, can be very dangerous. If you have someone you can stay with to keep an eye on you in case of seizure/panic attack/whatever, that would be optimal. But seriously, with the benzos, I'd either keep a stash of a couple bars or leave it with someone you trust in case this happens again.

You are absolutely correct! I just gave out a few to one of my friend cuz he gave me a $1,300 tattoo for free haha. Usually I never go without a few bars to keep me from WD. The problem is I thought I would be able to get it filled yesterday, but I forgot my doctor filled a week early n plus I was getting 60 1mg Xanax cuz I just relocated back home n was seeing my mothers primary doctor. She accidentally wrote it for 1mg so she just told me to use that and call in after two weeks and she would fill the 2mg for me. So I felt like a real dumbass calling in to get it filled hahaha. The nurse said she won't fill it until the 3rd since we filled it early since you had to go out of town. The she also said I should see a psychiatrist for the amount I'm taking. I'm going to both docs on the 31st because I am moving out of state (only 6 hours away). I'm more than likely going to continue seeing them cuz I hate switching doctors, but I am going to get my medical records to see a psychiatrist where I'm moving to on the 7th.

DC

Yeah your tolerance is pretty high, mate! Also thanks for understanding my "the fuck" LOL. I always nodded out by chewing the patches, but I had less tolerance than you. I've never tried IVing the gel from the patch, what does it look like as it is prepared? It's not too viscous or gelled up? Sorry about your accident, man. I know what it's like to run out early. Thanks, war on drugs! Fucking awesome world we live in where people tell us what to do with our bodies.

Gabapentin helps me a lot when I run out of my shit. I usually start with 600 mg x 2 daily and titrate up or down until I'm feeling better. It's not a cure-all, but it lessens withdrawals by maybe 30% which is huge. Loperamide at 48 mg x 2 daily makes about 75% of withdrawals go away for me with the gabapentin, and it's so easy to get and cheap at Walmart or Dollar Tree/Store. I recently did some research and discovered that loperamide is cardiotoxic at really high doses, so just use enough to where you're feeling a little bit better. With your tolerance that could be higher than 48 mg. It takes four hours for me to take effect, but I know it's working when my legs stop burning like a son of a bitch.

The thing with gabapentin is, it's sort of up in the air as to whether or not it assists in benzo withdrawals. It does certainly help for opioid withdrawals, though. I'm very sorry to say that I've never really found anything that takes the edge off completely for benzo wd. First and foremost, search through your med cabinet for anything that could prevent seizures, since you already know that it's quite possible to seize when withdrawing from benzos.

As I said on my other post, I'm moving soon. Right now I'm at my parents house. My mom has topamax which helps with seizures, but that shouldn't be taken with gabapentine cuz it will make your heart stop. I know immodium AD has helped a shit ton in the past! I'm gna stock up on that tomorrow. Benzo withdrawals are the shittiest, but I've slowly have been tapering down since I knew I was gna run out early so I've ended with just 1mg for the past 5-6 days so I know it won't be too harsh.

To answer your question about IV'ing fentanyl gel. All you do is obviously have alcohol swabs to clean injection spot, a clean rig (needle), water, spoon , cotton ball for the filter and vinegar. You put the gel in the spoon, add about 20-25units of water heat it with a lighter for about 8-10seconds, stir some more, then add 2-3drops of vinegar (the reason you need vinegar is cuz the gel is not water soluble, so the vinegar makes it break down to where it isn't gel anymore) then I stir it (with the plunger) for about 2 minutes, wash hands, get a piece of cotton to filter, draw up, clean injection spot n there you have it. I DO NOT ADVISE THIS TO ANYONE! This is my own experience, fentanyl is very powerful and very potent! Many people have OD'ed from just chewing on the patches or doing it sublingal. Unless you have one hell of a tolerance I'm talking 7+ years of heavy amount of opiates in your system I don't even advise you to even try fentanyl! Too many people have died from it!

Thanks n be safe!
DC

Out of curiosity only (I don't plan on IVing fentanyl), how is the rush compared to other opioids? When I took fentanyl between the gum and cheek, I nodded very hard, but the euphoria left a lot to be desired. It was very dirty and I was drooling all over myself, nodding in and out.

Damn be careful! It basically felt like some China white. It's pretty nice. I don't really nod much cuz of my tolerance, but it is nice!

DC

Yeah, I was out of my mind when I first tried chewing on a small strip of a patch, but I tossed it when I started to nod. I've read that people have fallen asleep with pieces of the patch still between their cheek and gum and subsequently fatally overdosed. Extremely strong drug.

It's shitty, I know, but op put himself in this position. Whether you're under-prescribed or not, you have to do your best to not leave yourself completely high and dry. This is especially true if you don't have any trustworthy street connections.

As people have already covered, the opioid withdrawal is essentially harmless, but the benzodiazepine withdrawal is no laughing matter.

Given how serious the situation can get, you might want to take some precautions before the withdrawal really kicks in. Having some hard liquor on hand as a last resort can raise your seizure threshold. Benzodiazepines and alcohol, while not identical, have very similar effects on the mind and body. You can practically substitute one for the other.

Normally I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol for any reason due to the detrimental effects it can cause, but using alcohol, I'd argue, is safer than c/t benzodiazepine withdrawal.

As I said on my other post, I'm moving soon. Right now I'm at my parents house. My mom has topamax which helps with seizures, but that shouldn't be taken with gabapentine cuz it will make your heart stop. I know immodium AD has helped a shit ton in the past! I'm gna stock up on that tomorrow. Benzo withdrawals are the shittiest, but I've slowly have been tapering down since I knew I was gna run out early so I've ended with just 1mg for the past 5-6 days so I know it won't be too harsh.

To answer your question about IV'ing fentanyl gel. All you do is obviously have alcohol swabs to clean injection spot, a clean rig (needle), water, spoon , cotton ball for the filter and vinegar. You put the gel in the spoon, add about 20-25units of water heat it with a lighter for about 8-10seconds, stir some more, then add 2-3drops of vinegar (the reason you need vinegar is cuz the gel is not water soluble, so the vinegar makes it break down to where it isn't gel anymore) then I stir it (with the plunger) for about 2 minutes, wash hands, get a piece of cotton to filter, draw up, clean injection spot n there you have it. I DO NOT ADVISE THIS TO ANYONE! This is my own experience, fentanyl is very powerful and very potent! Many people have OD'ed from just chewing on the patches or doing it sublingal. Unless you have one hell of a tolerance I'm talking 7+ years of heavy amount of opiates in your system I don't even advise you to even try fentanyl! Too many people have died from it!

Thanks n be safe!
DC

It's shitty, I know, but op put himself in this position. Whether you're under-prescribed or not, you have to do your best to not leave yourself completely high and dry. This is especially true if you don't have any trustworthy street connections.

As people have already covered, the opioid withdrawal is essentially harmless, but the benzodiazepine withdrawal is no laughing matter.

Given how serious the situation can get, you might want to take some precautions before the withdrawal really kicks in. Having some hard liquor on hand as a last resort can raise your seizure threshold. Benzodiazepines and alcohol, while not identical, have very similar effects on the mind and body. You can practically substitute one for the other.

Normally I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol for any reason due to the detrimental effects it can cause, but using alcohol, I'd argue, is safer than c/t benzodiazepine withdrawal.

I usually never leave myself high and dry. I can't drink too much cuz I am diabetic. I have busbar n vistaril (somewhere around here). I don't really buy drugs from the streets, too risky. I used to in the past I'm in my mid 20's so I can't take anymore risk buying stuff illegally. I'll be fine. I've done it before. I agree with you, benzo withdrawals are way worse than any opiate withdrawal. I can't stand the migraines that come with it. I'm just going to stock up on immodium AD, I have trazadone n clonodine for sleep, busbar, Effexor and vistrail for anxiety, topamax for migraines and the seizures so I'll make it! I have prepared myself with this haha. I know it's gna suck, but thank god I don't start work until I move so I can just chill.

Thanks everyone!
DC

Hydroxyzine (Vistaril) is such a great medicine. I use it nearly daily. It takes the edge off of opioids and when I'm off opioids, it takes the anxiety that accompanies withdrawal away. It also makes me sleepy at around 100 mg which is good.

It doesnt matter what you consider yourself, you're still abusing your meds to get high--you're a junky whether you like that title or not. Maybe being honest with yourself would help you get out of this predicament.

Except it, embrace it, or change it.

(Btw, I'm not using junky as a pejorative. I'm a junky too, welcome to the club.)

Good luck with the move!

gabapentin never helped me with xanax withdrawl, even in huge doses.. like 2400 mg a day... . Not in the slightest. Xanax withdraw is a fucking nightmare. I would look at ordering a research chem benzo online from sweden.

Googling "Clonazolam (Clonitrazolam) 0.5 mg 120 pack" Should help you out, it's a pretty popular one right now and shipping is pretty quick. I'd suggest looking at the top result from searching that quote. I'm trying to keep someone out of a potentially deadly situation without breaking any rules on sourcing.

I also just took topamax with
gabapentin about an hour ago. Both prescribed by the same shrink i get my suboxone from.

I dont think he would prescribe a deadly combo and i also think that if he did fuck up that bad the pharmacy would have caught it and warned me... they were all filled at the same place. Computers catch those errors and alert pharmacys during the consult. They would have called the doc and probably not filled the script.

Also look intoi Kratom. It with some benzos and soma has saved me during opiate WD many times before i got onto subs. Not like i feel fine im going to work saved me, more like i dont feel like i want to die saved me. Lope never did shit for me, but i never tried more than 20mg. I fear an intestinal blockage.

good luck.

It doesnt matter what you consider yourself, you're still abusing your meds to get high--you're a junky whether you like that title or not. Maybe being honest with yourself would help you get out of this predicament.

Except it, embrace it, or change it.

(Btw, I'm not using junky as a pejorative. I'm a junky too, welcome to the club.)

Good luck with the move!

By the term junky I meant, abusing it all the time with having no control. I usually never go without/run out early, maybe a handful of times in the years I've been prescribed them. I don't get drugs off the streets anymore. I will say I use to dabble with H back like 4 years ago n used to not have any control, I was a functioning addict. I'm not saying anything negative about the term I used, I do not judge though.

DC

gabapentin never helped me with xanax withdrawl, even in huge doses.. like 2400 mg a day... . Not in the slightest. Xanax withdraw is a fucking nightmare. I would look at ordering a research chem benzo online from sweden.

Googling "Clonazolam (Clonitrazolam) 0.5 mg 120 pack" Should help you out, it's a pretty popular one right now and shipping is pretty quick. I'd suggest looking at the top result from searching that quote. I'm trying to keep someone out of a potentially deadly situation without breaking any rules on sourcing.

I also just took topamax with
gabapentin about an hour ago. Both prescribed by the same shrink i get my suboxone from.

I dont think he would prescribe a deadly combo and i also think that if he did fuck up that bad the pharmacy would have caught it and warned me... they were all filled at the same place. Computers catch those errors and alert pharmacys during the consult. They would have called the doc and probably not filled the script.

Also look intoi Kratom. It with some benzos and soma has saved me during opiate WD many times before i got onto subs. Not like i feel fine im going to work saved me, more like i dont feel like i want to die saved me. Lope never did shit for me, but i never tried more than 20mg. I fear an intestinal blockage.

good luck.

Appreciate it!!

DC

they sell them in less then 120 count orders, that just happened to be what i pulled up if finances are an issue.

I am assuming the OP is in the USA, so I doubt ordering something from out of the country is a great option, and its Sunday, so you're probably adding a day to the delivery time. Good for future reference I suppose but not really for the time being.

I think alcohol is pretty poor solution for benzo withdrawal because its so short acting and to get any relief you probably need to drink to the point that causes a hangover which is going to only make things worse. To make it maybe thru 1 day of benzo w/d I'd use alcohol and only if I knew the benzo was going to be available the next day...I'd also save some of the benzo (at least 1/2 dose) for the next day when I could get the script, in case I woke up after drinking and was feeling really bad off. I'd say maybe phenibut, which would do basically the same as alcohol for helping benzo w/d and you might be able to find in some supplement at a vitamin store (though, I think its not that easy to find anymore and ordering online might be the only choice these days). But, it lasts way longer so would be more reasonable to help make it thru a couple days w/o the xanax.