• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What is the appeal of heroin?

I went from oxy to dilaudid/heroin and it fucked my life.

I'd say if your burning threw all the OC you can you'll be doing the same with whatever you get.

Heroin is easily available to most and the purity is never know Which leaves most heavily addicted and risking od all the time.

Any love for opiates will eventually be a love/hate thing because theyll end up running the show while you hang on to whatever it is you still get from it.

To the op: opiates are opiates, heroin is fairly cheap compared to pills and Availible all around the world.

Not in hawaii T_________T

also OP as mentioned a bunch prior it's the price and potency that makes it appealing.

but don't fool yourself - it's a very very dangerous path..
watch this short video it explains everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9huWlXFA1s

I've been dependent on opioids for over 10 years now. And as much as I'd love any morphine-like agonist right now, I would never again start shooting up. A big part of the problem with opioid dependence is their price in money but I can imagine it's possible to live a manageable life being addicted to them taking them orally. Injecting opioids, however, takes the problem to a completely different level, while it's possible to nod out on oral opioids and become highly tolerant in a short manner of time, when you inject them, your tolerance raises rapidly and you've got much less choice about it. I've been on Suboxone for over 2 years and on a bunch of occasions during this time I also took single doses of codeine. The only difference between my day on codeine and buprenorphine is that codeine does provide a mental relief while buprenorphine mostly helps with physical withdrawal with little mental relief. And as it happens with a lot of decisions in life, I only stay at Suboxone because I don't have to pay for it, with codeine I would again be stressed out every day or every few days because I'd have to go to a pharmacy to buy it.

What is great about opioids is not just nodding out on them, what is even better is that at lower doses you can do every day stuff with much more motivation and without feeling stressed.

It makes you feel great. Erases all worry and depression while under the influence.

What makes it most popular is the cost. Of course it's also up there in terms of subjective euphoria, but the price is why so many people gravitate toward it. In my generation, most people begin with pills due to the relative stigma of heroin, develop addiction/dependence and when their habit becomes too large to sustain, they go for the more cost-effective option.

At first, heroin seems like a godsend, but soon you're dependence catches up and you end up with nothing more than a larger habit.

I get a nice energy boost from good H, but it's not quite as "speedy" as Oxy. I also IV. The fist 4-5 hours after administering heroin is all energy, the more i do the more energetic i am. Nonetheless, Oxy definitely is more energetic than H for me. The last time i took a few hundred MG of Oxy i cleaned my friends house because i couldnt sit still... and i am a guy and his bachelor pad is filthy...

Maybe my physiology is different than most people, i think the medical term is that opiates cause "excitability" in me unless administered with a benzo, then i nod or at least stay calm.

Last time i had surgery I was so wound up from the IV dilaudid the doctor came in and without asking or anything just prescribed 10mg valium for the rest of my stay and to take home for the entire time i was on the dilaudid... several months.

Well, that is categorically untrue. It may be tolerance-dependent, but back in the early days of my use, before I had regular access to dope, I shot a lot of oxy. The first time I did it (30mg IR) I got a rush that completely floored me; I'd never come close to it with dope before. As time went on and my tolerance increased, obviously 30mg wasn't gonna do shit for me, but with a couple 80s (original OCs) I regularly got good rushes. By the time my addiction got really bad, I no longer had any access to oxycodone in any form, it was always just H, so I don't know if it would have produced a rush at that point or not. But for a year or two, IV oxy was my DOC because it was dependably stronger and with a better rush than the shit dope I was getting at the time.
. I didn't even get a rush from dark net dope. I only get some rushes from hydromorphone, which is like instant. Oxy may be strong and have its waves, but there's no rush.

I went from oxy to dilaudid/heroin and it fucked my life.

I'd say if your burning threw all the OC you can you'll be doing the same with whatever you get.

Heroin is easily available to most and the purity is never know Which leaves most heavily addicted and risking od all the time.

This. Once you develop an opiate addiction all bets are off. Heroin (or morphine, or dilaudid) seems like it would be a cheaper option after OC's, and easier to control bc of the cost difference...but it never is. If anything it is easier to rationalize doing more, either to the point of risking an OD, or just getting really really strung out.

Heroin's escape and pain killing properties will always appeal to people who wanna escape mental and or physical pain.

I prefer oxy myself. But will do Heroin when I wanna nod reaaally hard or am running out of oxy,

there is an entire stickied megathread dedicated to this?
just saying

I would consider not being dope sick a big part of the appeal.

Human instinct can tend to allow one to try things just to try them, even if at first it doesn't appeal to them. The other side of human instinct is that one may make a safer choice and never try it at all.

Ditto what CfZRx wrote above: H insinuates itself into one's life in a complicated, subtle way. Like any kind of self harm, H became--for me--like a small ritual, something that nobody but me could fully understand. The addiction crept up not as increased cravings, but as an increasing difficulty keeping thoughts of the ritual out of my head throughout the day. I dunno if any of that makes sense. But it's not fun.

You've explained what I couldn't. I would even take it to "I'm not gonna shave until I got my music playing, the drugs in my arm, and blah blah blah" -- I would somedays wait all day to do shit, and then suddenly, once I snorted or shot up, I became the most productive human being ever. I would do the same rituals every day or whenever I do it, and I just couldn't wait.

Oxy gave me a lot more energy than heroin. I preferred heroin, but I wouldn't make that switch if I were you. I spent 1000's of dollars and almost died. Oxy and Heroin bind to different D receptors. One is more specific, one isn't.. There is a term called ' opiate agitation '
Pills give more energy at times then H. I nodded a lot on heroin, only a little on oxy, but I paid for it with the withdrawal, that was a lot worse with Heroin

Heroins just like oxy except way cheaper, way more available, and easily injectable. You can take a lower dose and not nod if you arent a fan of nodding. You can nod on oxys. Noding is wonderful because I have wonderful waking dreams and escape from reality.

I know but if you have a full agenda that won't work. It's also way more practical to use pills instead. You do get the energy and you can also discard all paraphernalia related to shooting up..
Plus oxy can make you nod just as well. It depends on the doses and whether you keep re dosing it multiple times or not..

Oxy gave me a lot more energy than heroin. I preferred heroin, but I wouldn't make that switch if I were you. I spent 1000's of dollars and almost died. Oxy and Heroin bind to different D receptors. One is more specific, one isn't.. There is a term called ' opiate agitation '
Pills give more energy at times then H. I nodded a lot on heroin, only a little on oxy, but I paid for it with the withdrawal, that was a lot worse with Heroin

i always tell ppl the WDs from pills were way worse the from dope and they always look at me like im crazy... comming off pills is the only thing that ever made me throw up bile... H WD is bad, dont get me wrong, but not as bad as comming off pills...

I know but if you have a full agenda that won't work. It's also way more practical to use pills instead. You do get the energy and you can also discard all paraphernalia related to shooting up..
Plus oxy can make you nod just as well. It depends on the doses and whether you keep re dosing it multiple times or not..
I beg to differ. If im very busy dope was my goto, because I can spend less time hustling and trying to aquire it sense heroin is so much cheaper. Id just do smaller shots at work so I had my opioid productivity without the nod.