• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Free marquis and Mandelin test kits from Detect-Kit

WeGotTheWay

Greenlighter
Hey guys Detect-Kit is a new reagent test kit company. We are giving away free test kits.We currently only have Marquis & Mandelin test kits. However starting next week we will offer Ehrlich and Analog reagent which can tell the difference between MDMA and 5-MAPB. Use promo code: Blue
http://detect-kit.com/

Last edited:
It is illegal to ship kit through usps. It violates un3316. So I have to UPS. I'm trying more sells I get I hope to offer cheaper shipping.

Unlike our competitors, we do not ship our kits illegally. Our test kits are prohibited from being shipped via USPS due to it falling under UN3316. According to our material safety data sheet (MSDS), our kit does fall under DOT excepted quantity guidelines as a chemical kit and not a first aid kit. Please see publication 52 Appendix (A) for additional information.

Ups ground shipping isn't cheap I'm sorry. As I grow I will get better discounts and will pass the savings on to my customers as soon as I'm able to. They most likely use usps which is illegal you can't ground ship anything for $5 dollars.

It's upsetting but you can't chew them out for doing it by the books.

Unfortunately it does look like this will be hard to get off the ground with such a high shipping cost :(

To be honest. In the recent months i have been in contact with both UPS and DHL regarding shipping reagents. And to all who think it's a joke... It most certainly is not. They take this matter very seriously. Specially in EU the regulations regarding transporting reagents are very strict. The thing is the courier service providers are being regularly inspected. If they do not comply with the regulations the is a GIGANTIC penalty for the courier and the company that didn't prepare the package by the regulations.

Ground mail is easier as there are fewer regulations but when it comes to AIR mail, there is one giant thing standing between you and air shipping... IATA

International Air Transport Association..

Most of the reagents consist of concentrated sulfuric acid, formaldehyde and other chemicals that are labelled as corrosive and extremely dangerous for air transport. There are strict policies regarding shipping those. Just imagine a barrel of concentrated H2SO4 being shipped without proper care and it opens mid flight... the acid spills and corrodes the bolts of the wing and the wing fly's off... The plane crashes...

Now i know that reagents are being packaged at 10 ml max but the regulations are to prevent scenarios like this ( :D ). Usually the shipper has to pass a Hazardous materials training and obtain a license and is then allowed to ship with some couriers. Some couriers also lack proper infrastructure to handle such things and often charge an additional fee for shipping products like this.

And like he said.. shipping over regular mail (i think you call it USPS in the states) is illegal and doing so gets you a huge fine. Also it seems that a lot of people don't really care. But inspections do and will happen. Penalties are huge... think about it.

Small quantities of reagents can be shipped cause they fall under excepted quantities.

Since there are lot's of vendors popping up im thinking about writing a tutorial on legal shipping...

www.reagent-base.net

If you are to dumb to understand why my shipping cost are higher then don't order. Yes I'm trying to mister legal because its my ass that gets burn if something goes wrong. So why would I break the law? I talk to head postal inspector in Washington DC and she told me not to ship the kits through USPS. Hall, Joan A - Washington, DC [email protected] if you care to email her if got any questions. Carissa Cornwell (Dancesafe formal national outreach director for 15 years) is Vice president of Operations at Detect-Kit. She has informed me DanceSafe has received notices from usps over a year ago to stop shipping kits. They chose to ignore this despite being warned they could be fined $10,000 a day. So no why in the hell would I ship through usps and risk getting fined several grand. As I grow I will get better rates from UPS and I will pass the savings on to my customers. Secondly I'm trying to sell my test kits to retail locations. I already have 3 in our hometown. I plan to go to ATL tomorrow to spread the word. TBH I'm trying to sell test kits in smoke shops more then sale them online. I want to increase the public avaialbity of test kits so users can make informed decisions.

No-one is saying that they don't understand why the shipping costs are that high, they're just saying it's too much for them to pay.

EBay yo can get marquis, mecke, mandelin, and Simons for $31.00 + free shipping. Glad to see the vendor finally made a Simons test!! He also offers an erlich for $12.50 + free shipping

No people want to be cheap is all. The guy on eBay uses usps as well. Also I sell all four testkits for $50 atm. It comes out to be cheaper then dancesafe with shipping. No I can not compete or will not try to compete with someone manufactures hazardous chemicals with no insurance (which I'm pretty sure is illegal) and ship there kits illegally. I dealt with to much legal bs in the past to not do this by the book.

Last edited:
Hey guys I was able to lower my shipping to for ground $8.00. Anyway thanks for the support.

That's great that you managed to get it cheaper, you should always do things by the book, its not worth playing with the law.

Doesn't the US have the same small quantity exceptions as the EU though? Although I guess even if it did, the US classification would be an issue too since its regarded as Corrosive and Toxic in the US whereas EU its just Corrosive. I'm surprised test reagents are much easier to get in the US considering they seem to have stricter regulation.

The guy on ebay shipped me ups actually no usps but I don't really care either way lol

That's great that you managed to get it cheaper, you should always do things by the book, its not worth playing with the law.

Doesn't the US have the same small quantity exceptions as the EU though? Although I guess even if it did, the US classification would be an issue too since its regarded as Corrosive and Toxic in the US whereas EU its just Corrosive. I'm surprised test reagents are much easier to get in the US considering they seem to have stricter regulation.

The UN numbers from UN3301 to UN3400 as assigned by the United Nations Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods. These test kits fall under UN3316 chemical kits. Which are forbidden through usps. This is classification based on the United Nations not just the US. I'm not sure how other countries mail system handles UN3316.

There are limited exceptions/quantites under those regulations too, and those UN restrictions are for air transport, there will likely be different regulations for ground shipping in the US.

There's lots of thing you can miss out when trying to interpret laws yourself, ask if a lawyer to find out for you if you know any, if not, government (and regulator) help desks can be very helpful too (at least in UK/EU). You might end up saving yourself a lot of money on shipping!

There are limited exceptions/quantites under those regulations too, and those UN restrictions are for air transport, there will likely be different regulations for ground shipping in the US.

There's lots of thing you can miss out when trying to interpret laws yourself, ask if a lawyer to find out for you if you know any, if not, government (and regulator) help desks can be very helpful too (at least in UK/EU). You might end up saving yourself a lot of money on shipping!

I have talk to Joan Hall at 202-268-6010 and her supervisor Kevin Gunther (202) 268-7208 in charge of the usps inspections and they told me no it is illegal to ship the kits through the usps.