• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth already causing problems?

Cinz

Greenlighter
So Im 21 and Ive been addicted to iv heroin for over a year, but recently quit, and have moved on to IV meth within the month. I find it much better than h because I feel more productive and I like the feelings of being up, eveyrthing seems clear. Also I have ADHD so medicaitons like amphetamines and meth kind of calm me down with euphoria, instead of a jittery speedy high. Bascailly the meth rush feels kind of like a speedball, it isnt too speedy for me.

Ive been noticing that my mouth has been really dry during the last two day binge and its starting to hurt and get sore. I drank a lott of water but its still sore. Now I'm getting this weird meth OCD where I have to scrape the top of my tongue against the bottom of my top teeth and I can stop it. Its like a ocd fixation casued by meth. AND now I have severe pain in the back of my throat/mouth and its EXTREMELY painful/sore to swallow even water. And the tips of my tongues are burned out. WTF is causing this after IVing it? I heard it has sometyhing to do with the acidityi(iodine) going down throat after injection. Also does anyone know how to overpower the urges to keep redosing with IV?

Last edited:
First thing, for the lips, use blistex or some type of chapstick. It definitely helps. And make sure you are consuming ALOT more water than if you were sober Meth just rings the moisture out of you it is SOOOOO dehydrating and sometimes you don't even notice. Even though you may not feel like eating/drinking atleast try to. Just remember your body still needs nutrients high or not. And you just have to remember to stay ontop of these things which is definitely hard on meth as time does escape you. My guess is, and no offence, you are not taking sufficient care of yourself whilst high. As for the involuntary mouth movements. Welcome to meth.

A month off Heroin and you take up IV Meth, good luck with that. "Everything SEEMS clear." keyword SEEMS. Just give it 6 months. Ofcourse it doesn't feel jittery or too speedy, no one would do it if it was shit and not very addictive.

I get the pain in the roof of my mouth also, inflammation possibly. Sounds like you are pressing the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth(you are generally unaware of such things when high) similarly to myself. Pain usually lasts a day or so after and goes away. It has nothing to do with the route of administration(intravenous).

Yeah, weird compulsions are sort of unavoidable on meth, especially when you're doing high doses...

Meth is just about the most compulsion inducing stimulant you can use, the only way to get around the issue is use much lower non-IV doses.

If you keep using IV meth there's a really good chance you'll go totally nuts one day, even though you probably feel like everything's under control... take care.

I was under the impression "methmouth" wasn't causes from the actual route of administration ( smoking usually ) and more of a side effect of the drug itself. Dry mouth is one of the most common causes of tooth decay for drug addicts, as it is a side effect of many drugs, as well as lack of dental hygiene.
Although I don't know much about meth it sounds to me like its going to cause you some major and permident oral issues down the line. I don't think it matters if you smoke it or IV it, sounds like its already fucking your mouth up. I think meth is one of te dirtiest nastiest drugs out there, and the dental consequences alone are enough to scare me out of it. I hope you can stop and save your mouth. One drug addiction isn't better than another, just save your mouth now and stop if you can.

Sorry if that post was ignorant or ill informed. I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for, but I couldn't *hold my tounge* ( no pun intended)

The problem with meth is its bastard tolerance. It's far worse than any other drug I've ever taken, and I wasn't even taking it for fun (I was eating 20-30mgs once a week to help me get through busy days). By the time it ran out (after 3 months of 1x per week usage) I could barely even feel 30mg.

I can use regular amphetamine instead (40mg); opioids, GABA-ergics (benzos, alcohol, GHB, Soma), MXE, psychedelics and even cannabis up to 3 times per week without developing a tolerance.

Methamphetamine is a great stimulant but to get the same effect out of 20-30mg every time I would have to limit my usage to once a fortnight MAX. For this reason I don't think I'll be buying it again. I am looking into other stimulants.

Well yea it looks like I wont be doing meth anytime soon again. I finished the last of it and wont be getting anymore. My mouth already feels acidified it feels horrible. It was healing for the past two days but once I took my last shot an hour ago the dry mouth came back worse than ever. COnstantly drinking water and purposely salivating doesnt even stop it..

perhaps meth isnt your drug and you shouldnt be dabbling into it at such a young age....theres more to life then a high im proud you quit heroin but meth is a entire different animal....justifying use is another symtom addiction.....like me drinking 6 beers before work to calm my nerves...meth is just a bad....be safe

IMHO IV meth will mess up your life, health, job, etc far quicker and more substantially than IV heroin.. I was an IV meth addict for years and my life was a wreck, I was a wreck and ultimately, before I quit I was starting to lose my mind (as well as jobs, homes,relationships, etc).

I've now been an IV heron addict and whilst it's not great, it's quite fucked really, it's far more maintainable than IV meth. It is a lot more addictive though, so hopefully you'll be able to kick the meth as well and ultimately become sober.

Heroin addicts are also a lot more bearable to be around than meth addicts.

I had one kinda sorta suicide attempt (legally an attempt, but I accidentally OD'd (not even an OD, just fell out in class from taking a tiny dose of seroquel on top of a monstrous (at the time combo of opioids and benzos that had no effect on my cognitive skills. I just took the seroquel because I was livid after losing 60mg of Morphine - if I'd had that, and taken it, I wouldn't have dropped. No breathing problems, but drug and alcohol naive parents freak out when my crippled ass gets up to go to the restroom while blacked out, falls and pees on self in sleep.) trying to manage medical issues) before slamming ice. Since picking up the rig I have attempted suicide more than 20 times and have been hospitalized for about 15 or 16...I lost count. since June of 2013.

I have developed a persecutory delusional disorder that will sometimes fuck with me even when I'm not high, and I feel like someone's out to get me and have the occasional hallucination. I also developed PTSD, which, while not directly caused by the drug, the situation was all caused by the drug. I have blood clots now (probably from being disabled and sedentary along with IDU), my stomach is completely wrecked from the stress the drug has put on my body, before intravenous use vaping it induced anxiety which led to panic disorder which was eventually made complete with the diagnosis addendum "with agoraphobia." I have become so dependent on GABA-ergic drugs like benzodiazepines and barbiturates that I have used to deal with the anxiety and insomnia (which was there long before meth, but not nearly as severe), that I cannot function without them on an acceptable level. I spend most days in my briefs on the couch in my apartment watching TV, but not really watching, only to get up to use the restroom, refill my drink, or the one time I get up to microwave something shitty that I don't have to fuck with like bagel bites, because I have no motivation, I have constant migraines, and I feel exhausted while super anxious at the same time with pulse fluctuating from 70 to 130 in a flash and staying at these extremes for 30 minutes or longer, and the back and forth makes me more exhausted. I'll go 3 days no showering easily because even though it feels better than coming, getting up and standing in the shower is so much of a chore.

If you're already freaking out about this little stuff that really is very minor short-term side effects that can be helped with little things like eating ENOUGH (not overfilling) on the right shit before using, and taking the right things during, and keeping hydrated and your electrolytes up throughout the binge. Then no way you can handle this. Ya, getting dope sick is rough as fuck, I've been there with IV morphine, but 2 weeks of sweats, shitting, puking, hot/cold flashes, high pulse/bp, and panic attack, followed by depression/not enjoying shit for a couple years after cessation sounds hunky dorey in comparison to the medical problems that befell me.

Last edited:
Just as with MDMA you need to take in extra electrolytes with all that water for a proper water balance or else your mouth will stay dry no matter how much you drink

It's the vasoconstriction causing dry mouth, no matter the ROA. Extra water and electrolytes will help of course, but there's really no way around it. There are some dental hygiene products specifically to help with dry mouth, like special mouth washes.

IMHO IV meth will mess up your life, health, job, etc far quicker and more substantially than IV heroin.. I was an IV meth addict for years and my life was a wreck, I was a wreck and ultimately, before I quit I was starting to lose my mind (as well as jobs, homes,relationships, etc).

I've now been an IV heron addict and whilst it's not great, it's quite fucked really, it's far more maintainable than IV meth. It is a lot more addictive though, so hopefully you'll be able to kick the meth as well and ultimately become sober.

Heroin addicts are also a lot more bearable to be around than meth addicts.
Agreed.

Cinz, check into a rehab/detox/treatment place, and look into CMA (Crystal Meth Anonymous).

Just snort, eat, vaporize, or plug your meth. (It's not like there are a lack of ROAs.) And don't do it every day!!! Once a month to once every 3 months is a nice dosing interval.

Used to have a heroin habit, and never tried meth until two days ago (just snorted a small line). Is the compulsive re-dosing for meth that much worse than heroin?

I heard all the horror stories for both sides and neither end well, but I'd imagine a tweaker would be more productive than a junkie...how wrong am I?

but I'd imagine a tweaker would be more productive than a junkie...how wrong am I?

Intuitively that sounds right - in reality - there's only a short period directly after using a stimulant, where you genuinely have a tonne of energy and feel productive and the stronger your habit, the more frequently you use - then the less pronounced this energy will be and the shorter the "real" high will last. The rest of your life will be spent feeling like a zombie - the living dead; your muscles will ache, your mind will be scattered, your appetite will shrink, you'll feel tired and grumpy. Productive is not an adjective I associate with chronic meth abuse. When I was a meth addict - I was constantly calling in sick to work and bailing out on social/family commitments. I never really felt much like doing anything; sure - right after I had a shot, I'd be real chatty for a few hours and would talk shit for a while and during the 'come down', wired phase the next couples days, I could do mindless tasks - playing games, watching TV, etc - the rest of the time though was just spent feeling like death, not wanting to get out of bed and interacting socially was a nightmare - especially in a professional environment.

I'm far, far far more productive when using heroin; sure - it doesn't give me a huge rush of super-human energy, but so long as I've used that day, I always feel like I can do stuff, go to work, etc. Also - when using speed/meth I *NEVER* felt like cleaning my house or doing any household chores, I know some people do, I never did. On heroin, I get my housework done, I don't enjoy it, but it's not so bad when I'm stoned and I get it done.