MAPS MDMA or other substances for treatment of Eating Disoders?

castronomy26

Greenlighter
Hi, I am new here and have been battling an eating disorder, both bulimia and anorexia for most of my life, over 20 years. At times it has gotten really bad, low weight, hospitalized several times. I am kinda maintaining now, but cannot seem to free myself from it. Does anyone know of any research being done or anyone who has had treatment with MDMA or other drugs for a chronic and severe eating disorder? I have almost resigned myself to the fact that I will never overcome this, but am intrigued by the possibility of using MDMA/something else as treatment under supervision. Any info or links would be greatly appreciated ~~~ thanks

Welcome to bluelight. I'm going to move your thread.

Homeless -> Clinical Psychedelic Research & Medicine

Can I ask why you think MDMA might be helpful in your case? I know that MDMA acts as an appetite suppressant in the hours after you take it, but maybe combined with guided therapy it could have some sort of benefit in the longer term.

Do you live in a state where you could use medical marijuana? Lots of people with eating disorders find it very helpful: http://www.leafscience.com/2013/10/15/clinical-study-finds-thc-effective-anorexia-nervosa/