• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Bloodborne

Dude I've been looking forward to this game for a while.

That and Dark Souls 2 on PS4. I've never played them before but fuck, they just look so irritating and awesome at the same time.

I've never played them before but fuck, they just look so irritating and awesome at the same time.
that sounds about right lol, if it didn't come out in 2 days would say pick up DS prepare to die edition for a dub, but like in the video sounds like this is gonna feel a lot different. faster paced, more offensive.

but yea can't wait, trying to avoid looking up anymore especially since people got it early and are spoiling it.

great reason to pick up a ps4 for anyone thinking about it, they got some nice exclusives coming up.

o god reviews are showering it with praise. got it preloaded and ready to go in 79 minutes. yoooooo video games lets go!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne

* game is awesome. gettin my ass kicked all night, just getting my feet wet, feel for combat and stuff but god is it so fun and nice to look at it. love the pace too, nice change from other single player games i've been playing w/ the cinematic, easy hold your hand gameplay. this shit, i was just exploring a bit and went to scratch my nose and out pops this motherfucker "YOU DIED"

only negative thing is the load times ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ can't wait to make some actual progress tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wtf?

Did you preorder the digital download or something? That stuff is accessible at midnight on launch days?

Fuck, man, people need to tell me this kind of shit. I'm sitting here waiting for 10am so I can make a beeline for gamestop.

Jesus Christ this game is difficult.

I like it....

I just wish I could start leveling up from the start. :X

yea i bought the digital copy o the playstation store. so you can have it installed then it unlocked @ midnight eastern time.

yea i was wondering how to level up for awhile
NSFW:
the abandoned doll in the dream wakes up after cleric beast fight then spend blood echos

what stats are you planning to level up ? thinkin i'll focus on stamina for awhile since combat is more offensive...

not sure yet. I just bought a full set of new attire and still keep getting fucking destroyed by these two werewolf lookin' things. I'm, uh.... not really good at these games, but that won't change unless I practice, yeah? lol

ah i know exactly what werewolf things you are talking about on the bridge. i got my ass handed to me by them too and said f it and went exploring in another direction after cleric beast.

all part of the learning curve, took me all night to beat cleric beast when ppl get him in a few minutes, but it feels good to learn the encounter and overcome it...

here's a beginners guide that i found helpful...

i just bought the kirkhammer and didn't realize didn't have even strength to equip it =/ so im just farming echos to level it up...

fuckin strollin around with 3k hoping i don't die to something dumb, then going to new area, thinkin what the great charles ramsey would say...
tumblr_mmfs5t2DjT1qa2szuo1_250.gif

everytime i die.

Last edited:
I just realized today that instead of trying to keep pusshing through, I need to double back a couple times on the first area and buy supplies so those blood echoes don't go to waste every time I die.

How long did it take for me to have this revelation? Only like 9 hours of trying to get through the second awakening area, lmao.

I still like it, though.

i beat father gascoigne last night and have been wandering around grand cathedral ward + old yarnham, farmed 10k echos for the hunter chief emblem that opens the gate to grand cathedral plaza and picked up the black church attire + new weapons. the cane one is pretty darn sweet cause it turns into a chain whip. need more shards to upgrade em.

haven't had this fun in a game in awhile. that feeling of exploring new areas, not knowing what could be around the corner. the art design is so dope. plus gameplay requires focus so it feels good taking out shit that gave ya trouble before with new knowledge.

what about you ? where ya at ? thoughts in general so far ?

I rushed to the Cleric Beast on one playthrough and got my ass handed to me. Got him down to maybe 15% health and then out of nowhere he lunged across the screen at me and hit me with like a quadruple combo, lol. End game.

After THAT, though, I was able to start leveling up because of my gained insight.

I've been grinding through the second awakening area ever since. I'm at level 27 now, spending most of my points in skill and endurance. I can handle pretty much any mob in Central Yarnham that's less than 8 enemies now with absolutely no problem. The mini-bosses give me trouble, though. I've been using the Threaded Cane and it's been challenging for me to learn which weapon transformation I should use in certain situations-- the whip/sword or the legit shortsword/cane. I usually end up dying quickly when I try to switch weapon form in the middle of a fight, especially against those fucking dogs.

Those werewolves that were giving me trouble, though? Fuckin' childsplay now. Them mafuckas don't worry me at all anymore.

But yeah, I'm basically grinding the fuck out of this first area. The sewers are fun as shit but I keep getting charged by this Gargantuan Pig before I even know he's there. I don't know how the thing keeps sneaking up on me because he's so fucking big and loud.

Thoughts.... I LOVE IT. The way I play these games, though, I'll probably sqeeze like 100+ hours out of it instead of the typical 40. I love the legit sense of accomplishment when you finally take down an enemy that's been wrecking you over and over and over again for your past 10 playthroughs.

Last edited:
good to hear you are getting better. feels good destroying mobs that use to give ya trouble with ease =) made a couple trips back myself to those werewolves on the bridge and that giant by those birds to farm for blood vials BECAUSE holy shit blood-starved beast gave me so much trouble last night ( i ended up looking up strats online ) let me know if you want any tips when you reach him, if ya need help.

yea i enjoyed the sewers too. so you are near father gascoigne after you exit the sewers up the ladder, don't forgot to pull the lever on the left near ya for the elevator so you can open up a shortcut.

one thing i've come to realize and i saw a few people complain about is lack of checkpoints/lamps but the more you play and explore there are gates/doors/ladders etc you come across that give you a shortcut to a new path, usually near a boss.

also great to hear ya having fun, it definitely takes a sort of mindset to not get frustrated and want to just curse at the screen/break something lol just have fun. realize you will have to do some grinding for potions/echos, etc. boss fights are always a learning experience. it's more like don't expect to beat it at the beginning, go in there be patient learn it's moves/ animations when to time your attacks, etc.

once you get bit further you start getting some good loot and stuff, upgrades, etc.

but man, nothing like the first play through on a game like this. every new area, boss, mob, weapon, etc just makes me excited.

Wish I had a PS4 right about now to check this out. This one's an exclusive.

so glad i never got an xbone. was tempted for killer instinct but didn't in the end. now ps4 will have street fighter 5 and mortal kombat x is coming in 2 weeks. so i can use the mad catz arcade stick for ps3 on ps4 which saves $200.

they way things are going might not finish this game before MKX drops on the 14th of april...

just spent 2 night and an afternoon on my 4th boss fight. i know i keep saying, this will be the last *promise... but it really shows what an amazing job FROM software did on the design of this game. kept trying different strategies and learning after each defeat ( i keep notes now lol ) so i take a break come back, do some grinding and stock up potions, etc roll up to that fucker wipe my sweaty hands off and go in... and destroy the encounter beautifully, was in the zone or something, on auto pilot just muscle memory, hittin dodges on point, using consumable at the right time. barely touched blood vials when before i'd be spamming them like crazy. gave me a confidence boost, go me :)

Bruh, joe, I just beat the Cleric Beast last night. Went straight for Father Gascoigne (sp?) immediately after and keep getting wrecked when he does his special little trick at about 30% health.

My heart's never raced so fast because of a video game before. Felt like it was gonna pound out of my chest by the time I landed the killing blow on the Cleric Beast. Smoked like 4 victory bowls, ran a lap around the house draped in the US flag, did the most elaborate high-five you'll ever see in your life with my dog and then ate an ice cream cake with my bare hands.

That's how it felt, at least. Holy fuck I love this game.

Wish I had a PS4 right about now to check this out. This one's an exclusive.

PS4 won me over with it's exclusives, that's for sure. Once they announced No Man's Sky as PS4 exclusive I decided that I needed some Sony in my life.

Last edited:
Today..... Today I'm going to fucking destroy Father Gascoigne. I'm not sleeping until it happens.

LMAO victory bowls for the win. your celebrations put mine to shame, i might just give the tv the middle finger and let out a "fuck yea"

feel you on the heart rate increase. when a boss like the 3rd and 4th gave me trouble and i finally got their health down low enough i could taste victory, im all getting amped, rockin back and forth in my chair like im dodging the fuckers in real life ;p

you'll get father g soon if you haven't already by the time i post this. there are some strats to make it a pretty easy fight and was definitely easier than cleric beast.

i haven't made much progress in terms of the main campaign after 4th boss went down other night. i have just been kickin back farming for upgrades, and new gear, etc... started to level up vitality a bit after concentrating on more offensive traits (stamina/strength) i figured if i could dodge and hit hard enough who needs a bigger life bar... well learning these fights it definitely won't hurt if i could survive a bit longer to get a couple heals in if shit hits the fan...

im so with ya on "Holy fuck I love this game." i haven't been engrossed by a game like this in the longest. the atmosphere, combat. don't think im speaking too soon when i say i'll be shocked if it isn't game of the year.

quick tips, molotov cocktails come in handy on boss fights especially "beasts" because they are vulnerable to fire so when father gascoigne transform to beast mode in final phase toss some at him. hold O to slide down ladders or go up faster and the hand lantern is a nice buy for those fights in dark areas.

if you need blood vials now or in future since you unlocked the great bridge lamp, use this farming route.. (i also kill the two werewolves we talked about earlier too)

Last edited: