• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Negative Effects Of Kratom?

Lightning_Eyes

Bluelighter
girlfriend wants to do it regularly but Ive heard mixed things. She says its safe as can be. She wants to use it to hallucinate but I read that, that takes a lot of use. I've read some concerning health issues about it like micturition and withdrawal effects.

If anyone can further my knowledge about this, please do! looking mainly for negative effects.

Don't know much about kratom specifically alas, but be aware that it's an opiate, thus it has issues with addiction and withdrawals.

Not heard about it being used for hallucinating before, I think i'd advise taking massive doses to try and reach that. Though kratom seems to have less respiratory depression and thus perhaps less acute health risk, why doesn't she just use a drug that's meant to have psychedelic effects?

She is interested in eastern "medicine" and playing with the affects. I've read a few reports and studies but I want personal or second hand experiences from people too. Any links to articles would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Kratom will give you a very subtle , opiate like effect, but it has so many alkaloids in it that all contribute to the overall wxperience. it sounds like your girl is trying to expand her mind maybey by using rare herbs and hallucinagens. kratom would not be in that ball park. because its a mu opioid agonist tolerance and W/D will hapeen in a similar manner to codeine or poppy tea.

Kratom will give you a very subtle , opiate like effect, but it has so many alkaloids in it that all contribute to the overall wxperience. it sounds like your girl is trying to expand her mind maybey by using rare herbs and hallucinagens. kratom would not be in that ball park. because its a mu opioid agonist tolerance and W/D will hapeen in a similar manner to codeine or poppy tea.

thanks for the info. im not sure why she wants to do it so much but when reading articles the negatives seemed bad enough not to do it. But Im not sure how reliable this junk on the net is but it has to be worth something at least.

Have you ever taken vicodin? Some of the more sedating strains of kratom feel like a mild version of that . If you take too much you might get nausea. If you take a nice, small amount (1-3 grams) for the first time you probably wont get any negative side effects. That first article is from some drug rehab program and is meant to scare you senseless. Althought Im pretty sure people who shovel it down by the ounce daily for months might get some bad withdrawal effects, I took it daily (2-3 grams) for over a year and all I got after quitting was restless legs and trouble falling asleep for a couple of nights. Ive never taken huge amounts nor attempted to hallucinate, so I cant help you there.

Last edited:
Kratom feels only mildly-opiate like IME. It provides the same mood lift, and a similar sense of inner warmth. But I can't call the effects "opiate-like." It makes me far more social than most opiates do.

It's a wonderful substance, IMO. Remember it is an opiate so there is addictive potential.