• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Etizolam

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
The Basics:
Intro and basic description:
Etizolam is a benzodiazepine analog. The etizolam molecule differs from a benzodiazepine in that the benzene ring has been replaced by a thiophene ring, making the drug a thienodiazepine.

Timeline of Experience:
Onset: 10-35 minutes
Peak: 1.5 hrs-2.3hrs
Plateau: 1-2 hours
Afterglow: 1-5 hours (depending on reason of use - anxiety relief/recreation etc.)
Baseline: 12-14hrs after use

Effects:
The effects of etizolam compare to those of the benzodiazepine class of drugs such as diazepam, lorazepam, and alprozolam. As such other drugs it includes amnesic, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, hypnotic, sedative and skeletal muscle relaxant properties.

Dosages:
Oral: .5mgs to 2mgs for anxiety relief

Method Of Administration:
Oral

Slang:
Etilaam; Etizola; Etizest; Sedekopan; Arophalm; Depas; Pasaden *cited from https://www.erowid.org/pharms/etizolam/

Contraindictions and Overdose:
Like benzodiazepines, the possibility of blacking out (similar to alcohol and increased when alcohol is mixed with these types of drugs) is possible from a non-tolerant user, or someone who neglects the potency of said chemicals and misuses the drug or accidently overdoses due to having the chemical in powder form. People have been known to re-dose to quickly, as well as re-dose while blacked out, and end up in situations where their motor skills are needed such as driving and end up in an accident.

Make sure to watch out for such adverse reactions, it's always good to know your dose, and stick to it. Having someone close by for your first initial tests may provide a safety net from you and an accidental overdose or an accident. Do not drive while impaired, no matter what!

Itraconazole and fluvoxamine slow down the rate of elimination of etizolam, leading to accumulation of etizolam, therefore increasing its pharmacological effects.[24][25] Carbamazepine speeds up the metabolism of etizolam, resulting in reduced pharmacological effects.[26]

Etizolam, similarly to other GABAergic agonists including the benzodiazepines has a strong synergistic effect with ethanol and the consequences of co-ingestion of the two drugs can drastically compound the side effects of either drug. This can result in (among other effects) anterograde amnesia (blackouts) and severe respiratory depression which in extreme cases can lead to death.***

Neg. Short-Term Side effects: short term memory loss

Negative Long-term side effects:
Possible tolerance build up after prolonged use.

Addiction and withdrawal issues: Abrupt or rapid withdrawal from etizolam, as with benzodiazepines, may result in the appearance of the benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, including rebound insomnia.[9] Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a rare event in benzodiazepine withdrawal, has been documented in a case of abrupt withdrawal from etizolam. Elderly patients should start on a lower dose as they are more susceptible to the sedative effects of etizolam. It is not recommended to be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, Etizolam has been shown to have a reduced liability to induce tolerance, and dependence, compared with classical benzodiazepines [When multiple doses of etizolam, or lorazepam, were administered to rat neurons, lorazepam caused downregulation of alpha-1 benzodiazepine binding sites (tolerance/dependence), while etizolam caused an increase in alpha-2 benzodiazepine binding sites (reverse tolerance to anti-anxiety effects).[13] Tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects of lorazepam were observed, but no significant tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects of etizolam were observed.] *cited from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etizolam

Harm Reduction:
Watch out for re-dosing, as the effects may be nil and quickly become overpowering. Blackouts may occur, and for those prone to such occurrances, please use special caution when dosing and always alert someone if you're using said substances. This will help prevent black outs and from re-dosing on blackouts/driving while blacked out.

Legal Issues:
None currently, as Etizolam remains unscheduled.

Background and Chemistry:

History of Drug:

Chemistry:

Pharmacology:

Preparation:

Mechanism of Action:

Trip reports and links:

Trip reports: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Etizolam.shtml

Links: https://www.erowid.org/pharms/etizolam/

Category: Drugs FAQS [Category: Thienodiazepines]

Last edited:
At some point, I'd like to add some additional technical information, about etizolam's mechanism (and how it's slightly different from classical benzodiazepines) and hormonal side-effects. I also think that this FAQ paints an unrealisticly rosy picture of dependence liability. Good work though; thanks. One thing though: could you please provide the references you cite?

ebola

Yes, not a problem. Do you mind if it's mostly erowid or wikipedia? A lot of the reason I'm doing these as well is to put my 2cents into this from personal use - so the information about dosage and ROA's etc. are based off of my experiences. Hope that doesn't matter.

Oh. I noticed that your article contains citations (eg, "[26]", etc.), but there are no footnotes or endnotes revealing what the citations are. They won't be useful (or credible) as sources until people can look them up. If you are directly quoting another source (eg, one that contains these citations), you should credit that source (otherwise, you're plagiarizing ;)).

For articles like these, secondary sources (eg, erowid, wikipedia) are fine, though well understood primary sources are preferable.

ebola

Hi
After a little experience with diazepam, I decided to try out diclazepam. I was taking these for weeks and found that these where great but didn't pack the same punch that diazepam did.. Even though these could be horrible with blackouts.
So I did some research and found that etizolam is very strong and better than diclazepam.
So I have ordered some powder of this chemical and plan to weigh it out carefully to make some bombs for myself. Hopefully I can have fun with this as I came off diazepam and diclazepam very easily and haven't taken any benzodiazepines in over a month. But I do miss the feeling and benefits.. I sometimes get bad insomnia and mild anxiety so taking some benzodiazepine at the end of a day can really help, even when not taking all day every day.
So yeah, does anyone have any advice when taking etizolam? The worst I would do is mix these this alcohol. But since abusing nasty M-Cat in the past I have learnt a lot of self control with everything that I take. Even though I'm very sober now compared with what I use to be like.
Thanks anyway for the advice (if I get any.. Lol)

blackouts up the ass. i would take one, forget i took it, take another, and repeat until one of my friends would notice

Has your powder been tested for purity? Make sure you have seen the report. Good luck and let us know how you go. I've only had Diazepam

dilated said:
Citations added *wikipedia and erowid.org

Hi. Sorry for the gross delay here, but your citations are still essentially non-functional. For example:

Itraconazole and fluvoxamine slow down the rate of elimination of etizolam, leading to accumulation of etizolam, therefore increasing its pharmacological effects.[24][25] Carbamazepine speeds up the metabolism of etizolam, resulting in reduced pharmacological effects.[26]

Here, the numbers in brackets linked to references on the wikipedia page, but it doesn't link to anything on your guide in its current form. Please add all the primary sources from which you're drawing (you could implement this either as links or a list of references at the bottom of your guide).

ebola

Has your powder been tested for purity? Make sure you have seen the report. Good luck and let us know how you go. I've only had Diazepam

Can you link to the report? I haven't seen it and am a little curious. Thanks.

Etizolam has been shown to have a reduced liability to induce tolerance, and dependence, compared with classical benzodiazepines [When multiple doses of etizolam, or lorazepam, were administered to rat neurons, lorazepam caused downregulation of alpha-1 benzodiazepine binding sites (tolerance/dependence), while etizolam caused an increase in alpha-2 benzodiazepine binding sites (reverse tolerance to anti-anxiety effects).[13] Tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects of lorazepam were observed, but no significant tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects of etizolam were observed.]

Anecdotal reports suggest that practical, in vivo application of this property of etizolam is limited--one can still easily wander into classical benzodiazepine-type dependence on this compound. I would treat it with the same caution as one does other benzos. That said, I've had a lot of luck avoiding tolerance accrual by keeping doses to half a mg or even less, but this isn't with anything remotely approaching daily use.

ebola

♬산본오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 대전건마(•_•)아산립카페

♬평촌오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 행신건마(•_•)동탄립카페 ♬화곡오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 행신건마(•_•)당진립카페 ♬대전오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 화곡건마(•_•)아산립카페

♬동탄오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 계양건마(•_•)동탄립카페

♬산본오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 장항건마(•_•)산본립카페 ♬신갈오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 산본건마(•_•)장항립카페 ♬당진오피♬ Opyo01.CoM ᖲ오피요ᖲ 동암건마(•_•)신갈립카페

I have no experience with classical benzodiazepines, but can attest that Etizolam can be very physically addictive if abused- it is also, however, a very forgiving substance, in my experience; rarely feels 'moreish', and even with an ill-advised rapid taper wasn't particularly unpleasant to come off. At anything less than 3-4mg a day, tolerence didn't built up in an overtly obvious manner... *but it did build up*. In my time spent trolling through the Etizolam megathread, I noticed a lot of people (and I'm guilty of this, as well) didn't seem to treat this substance with a lot of respect; my period of 15mg/day use and subsequent dependence is a prime example. I gotta wonder if that is, at least in part, fuelled by the belief that Etizolam is 'safer' than traditional benzos...

Your writeup was wonderful and informative! However, I feel obligated to point out that, if abused, it can (and will) lead to physical dependence and withdrawal.

(All that being said, I have, more recently, used 1mg doses for GAD, for a few weeks at a time. After two weeks I often find it necessary to increase dosage by 0.5mg, but I attribute this in part to my prior history of abuse.)

Last edited:
Etizolam is supposed to be great for tapering off diaz..never had them tho so dont kno :(

At some point, I'd like to add some additional technical information, about etizolam's mechanism (and how it's slightly different from classical benzodiazepines) and hormonal side-effects. I also think that this FAQ paints an unrealisticly rosy picture of dependence liability. Good work though; thanks. One thing though: could you please provide the references you cite?

ebola
can you elaborate on the mechanism?i guess there is dopamine involved like with alprazolam

I would like to add, and this is purely anecdotal, but theinos seem to lack the sociability of benzos, and are much more likely to cause depression. However this is just my experience.

I have found them to help me get out of a depressive state, sometimes just take them to feel good. What are the main reasons for people taking them, just recreational?

I purchase my Etizolam direct from MyEtizolam online as they have free worldwide delivery and 1mg of Etilaam ready to purchase.