• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

of Pregnancy and Pot

I'm not a doctor so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I would imagine it's in the same class as alcohol. Should be you be drinking regularly? Probably not. Should you freak out and have a anxiety attack because you were careless and had a glass of wine two times throughout your pregnancy? Probably not.

Thank you folks. I asked a question; I got answers.

I have read many, many, many studies from all sides regarding cannabinoids and pregnancy and possible adverse effects on little squirts in utero.. Many say "bad" many say "can't find any definitive evidence of harm" or "we just don't know for sure". So,,, I suppose it comes down to, is it really flippin worth any risk to the unborn child? Of course not; but I will say, I'll always support a Mother who would rather ingest or vaporize her weed to soothe o.t.t negative symptoms of pregnancy over any pharmaceuticals claiming to do the same thing, anytime.... and preferably a low THC content and of course home grown outdoor please..

Again, thank you all
kind regards
ubi

I wanted to revive the thread because it has been dead for 2 years already.
Also, there are similar topics on this forum (http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/639749-Marijuana-while-pregnant/
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/793097-Thc-and-breastmilk
I've been searching the web about the pregnancy and marijuana combination. For sure there are many websites that have articles about it, for example, https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/effects-smoking/smoking-weed-while-pregnant-is-it-a-good-idea/
But I have to ask if anyone has more scientific links I could use on this topic? I don't really know where to start (and you shouldn't believe everything on the internet probably)
I personally don't think it is a good idea to smoke during the pregnancy, but I also would be interested in reading some studies about it.

I have read many, many, many studies from all sides regarding cannabinoids and pregnancy and possible adverse effects on little squirts in utero.. Many say "bad" many say "can't find any definitive evidence of harm" or "we just don't know for sure". So,,, I suppose it comes down to, is it really flippin worth any risk to the unborn child?

ubi

I was intrigued enough to do a new google search and read the newest articles. Sadly, I was not shocked to find that there is still a ridiculous lack of study devoted to this, not to mention the blatant stigma attached to the articles ( while reporting on the lack of evidence they miss no opportunity to use scare tactics). As far as I can tell from all the studies I read about this morning, there is zero evidence for the negative effects of preterm delivery and low birth weight as well as for any obvious birth defects. There is however some evidence for cognitive impairment showing up later in life (including ADD and ADHD symptoms--children were tested at age 6). The problem with this information is that I have no idea how well this study was done--did they include other factors like the mothers' use of tobacco or alcohol or other drugs?

But my bottom line is this: unless nausea symptoms are so extreme that the mother cannot keep food down (something that weed may in fact be the best medicine for), why risk it? It's a mere 8-9 months out of a woman's lifetime, but 8-9 months of crucial brain development for the baby. For me one of the most amazing things about pregnancy was that cataclysmic and profound realization that I was no longer just me--that everything I did, from what I ate, drank, thought and felt was affecting not just me but the little mystery person that called my body home.

I think so..i know a girl that would be dead right now and so would her son if she didn't ..it saved her and her son...and her son is the smartest kid in the class they even want to move him up a grade !

But my bottom line is this: [...] why risk it?

Brother, I agree with that totally but I also think it's a woman's choice. Bottom line.

If she's willing to risk it, so be it. Darwinism'll win out eventually. If she's simply ignorant of any potential risks -- if there even are any, because as far as I know there's no conclusive evidence concerning how cannabis use in pregnant mothers effect developing fetus' (fetii?), but I'm not exactly up to date or an expert on that shit so yeah --, on the other hand, that's a different story to me. So long as it's an educated decision, I'm perfectly okay with people making their own choices-- including controversial choices like these.

I think so..i know a girl that would be dead right now and so would her son if she didn't ..it saved her and her son...and her son is the smartest kid in the class they even want to move him up a grade !

Do you have any evidence for this claim?

I have heard many different opinions but because of the restrictions set for testing Marijuana in the United States the best input I've gotten was from the man who was going to deliver my best friends first child.
He said if you don't mind the likelihood of your fetus turning out female, then indulge responsibly in the benefits it could have during your pregnancy. It has been found to reduce nausea, morning sickness, and migraines. In a few instances I've seen it help reduce swelling as well. Just like a glass of red wine per week, it all pertains to your responsibility of said substance, and the purpose of which you choose to partake in ingesting it.

Salutations SamaCtix,

Welcome to the wall of shame...

I have heard many different opinions...

There's one which i found to have been over-looked and/or carricaturized by self-serving mass-media in a most critical moment of Canuck history, on planet Itnoc: Joy Davies during the federal elections, who's crime was to have refered to a scientific article on this most sensitive/emotional and intensively serious/involving subject, politically...

...the best input I've gotten was from the man who was going to deliver my best friends first child.

In that case here's an old study i keep refering to which covered pre-natal multi-intoxication besides cannabis alone:

Nature: Prenatal exposure to recreational drugs affects global motion perception in preschool children (2016-Nov-9)

« ...global motion perception was improved... »
« ...marijuana reduced the negative effect of alcohol exposure... »

He said if you don't mind the likelihood of your fetus turning out female...

I've heard a similar story from this doctor of national TV at "Decouverte" on SRC during Harper's bigot anti-cannabic propaganda era:

2ng7l04.jpg

(Dr. Richard Bélanger, pediatrician at CHU center of Quebec city)

« J'les vois allumer quand j'parle, euh... de... d'augmentation d'la masse mammaire chez les garçons, de savoir ça, qu'y a une suppression donc qu'ça peut amener une... une poussée des seins chez les garçons - ce qu'on appelle la gynécomastie - ou à la limite une diminution d'la quantité de spermatozoïdes qu'y produisent... C'est quelque chose d'intéressant à savoir, p'is chez les filles ça augmente la prolactine, donc ça peut amener des montées laiteuses mais surtout ça diminue, euh... la fertilité et l'ovulation. »

M'well, briefly put the good doctor warned his Canuck audience that boys who smoke are at risk to look feminized while girls gradually turn into milk producing cows i guess...

Dejà vu. Should we really fear in absence of real "science" that undermines even that of doctors on TV at premium audit hours??

M'yeah, i know: « better safer than sorry! » ... In The Name Of Children...

How convenient.

...it all pertains to your responsibility of said substance, and the purpose of which you choose to partake in ingesting it.

Indeed, after all does a pregnant mother really need to self-intoxicate through SMOKING (e.g. toxic combustion), for starters, and then even if a person vaporizes already does it have to be monster opake tokes conveniently
visible for capture in a selfie? For example!... Not to mention posology i figure.

Good day, have fun!!
=D