Bluelight is hiring graphic designers

Status
Not open for further replies.

abygale

Bluelight Crew
Bluelight is hiring graphic designers. We need you to make pretty pictures. You should know:

HTML
CSS
JS
photoshop/gimp/whatever software you can afford
vBulletin templates (ideal but not required)
website design (also ideal but not required)

Your audition will be to design a new logo for us. We're going old school, so you should incorporate the blue lightbulb. Post your submission here, and PM me with credentials.

is there a picture of the lightbulb? i googled it and couldnt really find anything...

was it this?

725637096_f1f5a60b13.jpg

*facepalm*

graphic designers who know html+js+css

perhaps you should relabel this with an appropriate title to find a qualified candidate.

^ i was wonderin about that also... if yall are just looking for a logo, why the html and everything else?

never mind... its an audition... duh... anyways if you guys could upload a pic of this bulb thatd be kool... or is finding the pic part of the test? lol

graphic designers who know html+js+css
hardly a rarity. the designer at my company does a lot of web layout work too.
perhaps you should relabel this with an appropriate title to find a qualified candidate.
perhaps you should keep the loungefail in the lounge.
^ i was wonderin about that also... if yall are just looking for a logo, why the html and everything else?
the logo is just an audition piece.

alasdair

hardly a rarity. the designer at my company does a lot of web layout work too.
perhaps you should keep the loungefail in the lounge.
the logo is just an audition piece.

alasdair
I know it is so hard to accept advice, even if it is in your best interest.

If you want more than a photoshop monkey aka graphic designer, you should communicate the correct role you hope to fill.

thanks for the feedback. it would have been clearer that you had bluelight's best interest at heart if you hadn't worded it in such a sarcastic, supercilious way :\

alasdair

I'm a tech person, I don't generally have to deal with the creative side of things, so I may have gotten the title wrong. What we're looking for is a team who can handle all the front end stuff. If you have skills in either graphics or HTML/JS/CSS, we have a place for you. If you know all of it, even better. Graphics folks can post their images in this thread, front end coders can PM me their credentials.

Guys, this should be fun. :)

The right person is going to run with this audition. They'll see it as an opportunity to flex their creativity, get some serious exposure for their work and help shape the future brand image of Bluelight. It could also be a resume builder for someone looking to make a name for themselves in graphic design.

We need a logo that's visually appealing, iconic and memorable. Something that will achieve those three goals regardless of whether it is rendered online or on stationary. This person would likely also be thinking in the back of their head: "lf I could give Bluelight a makeover, I would love to do ______________"

Thanks everyone for your efforts. We felt this would be the most interesting and fair way to gauge people's skills and interest in the opportunity. Good luck! :)

SG

(BTW, If I had the skills, I'd probably try incorporating our pill logo and a lightbulb logo... Perhaps even have the filament be shaped like a pill? Then again, going more modern with an LED-styled lightbulb could look cool, too. **hint, hint**) ;)

someone should make bluelight, https and not just http..

also

i can try whip up a mock of a logo when i get some time soon

I have the appropriate qualifications and much, much more. Is this position still open? And if so, where should I direct an application?

Thanks,

TMP

Would be the head of meth and other types of stimulants. Who has the energy and motivation to bring the all the groups of Blers from all over the world together in a well organized music festival, where not only BLers are welcome we are only IP, but advertise to the public and make some money outta the scene...

<<<------- Has many many ideas some wildly crazy. That's why you take what ideas to use and the others to throw away :)

I will be contacting you.

Don't have any formal schooling in the pharamist/research industry, Many Many years learning from books and the many internet site's I have frequented over the many years I have surfed the internet.
I think I would be perfect to come up with idea's that merge the best ideas for professional to study drug research while being able to merge and make it understandable for the average the illegal drug user. (I would volunteer for this role)

I love graphic design and am very creative but have no idea with any computer language except simple stuff I'v taught myself. Would have no problem learning enough of these programs to present a design to the BL team if pay was large enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.