Recruiting Psychological effects of MDMA: the function of the drug, set and setting.

Moonrise

Greenlighter
Psychological Effects of MDMA: the function of the drug, set and setting.

Psychological effects of MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxmethamphetamine): the function of the drug, set and setting.

Hi, my name is Monika Wieliczko and I am a trainee clinical psychologist at Canterbury Christ Church University in the UK. I am conducting research investigating a range of psychological and social factors that might influence the effects of MDMA on humans.

The broad aim of this project is to look at factors influencing drug experience, including individual and social aspects. The study focuses on both positive and negative psychological effects resulting from MDMA as well as risk reduction factors among polydrug users. Understanding the role of personality and motivation to drug use as well as the wider context of the environment, might help us understand why the effects of the drug differ among people.

Have you ever taken MDMA for self-exploration or therapeutic reasons or just for fun? If that's the case, I would like you to consider taking part in this study.
Please follow the link below to find out more about my research. Your help will be very appreciated.

https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1BrLSKboPAoyA4d

Please contact me on mjwieliczko(at)gmail.com if you have any questions.

Last edited:
What exactly do you define as "therapy"? Talking with friends/partner? Home alone--self reflection?

Hi Pretty_Diamonds,
Thanks for your reply. I know it's a very broad area. I want to focus on both - proper underground psychotherapy but also what you just mentioned - taking MDMA with friends/partner/ alone - in a safe (eg. home) environment. It can be self-reflection - which I guess could lead to psychological insight but also to address particular problems - relationship issues, depression, anxiety, PTSD, autism/ asperger and many others. I also want to include people who are in usual therapy but do occasionally take MDMA (not necessarily during sessions). Hope its a bit clearer now?

Well, i have used MDMA alone at home. Purpose was self experience and self exploration. In this direction MDMA works pretty good! Its open me up and shows, what is going on inside me. A great opener.
I am in psychotherapy, but do this alone, without knowledge. I am from Germany, so not your focused clientel, but when i can help, i am glad to do it.
Good luck with your survey!

Psychological effects of MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxmethamphetamine): the function of the drug, set and setting.

Hi, my name is Monika Wieliczko and I am a trainee clinical psychologist at Canterbury Christ Church University in the UK. I am conducting research investigating a range of psychological and social factors that might influence the effects of MDMA on humans.

The broad aim of this project is to look at factors influencing drug experience, including individual and social aspects. The study focuses on both positive and negative psychological effects resulting from MDMA as well as risk reduction factors. Understanding the role of personality and motivation to drug use as well as the wider context of the environment, might help us understand why the effects of the drug differ among people.

Have you ever taken MDMA for self-exploration or therapeutic reasons or just for fun? If that's the case, I would like you to consider taking part in this study.
Please follow the link below to find out more about my research. Your help will be very appreciated.

The study has been reviewed and ethically approved by Research Ethics Committee at Canterbury Christ Church University (Salomons Campus). Approximate time frame for data collection is 6 months (March - September, 2015).

Direct link: https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1BrLSKboPAoyA4d

or shortened: http://goo.gl/DSVEjO

Please contact me on mjwieliczko(at)gmail.com if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Thanks, good luck with your research! I've always found this topic interesting :)