• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hysingla 20 mg to 40 mg

chuck5454

Greenlighter
Doc put me on 20 mg Hysingla (ER Hydrocodone) a week ago for my back. It was working "ok". Pain was still there but subsided for a few hours towards the end of the day, since I take it in the morning. Last night it didn't help at all and barely slept because of the pain. Woke up and decided to take two. I've taken 50 mg of hydrocodone/acetaminophen IR over a 24 hour period before (usually 10 mg norcos every 4-5 hours) and tolerated it pretty well. Now I'm slightly nervous and hoping that I didn't overdo it since it's the first time with this medication at this dose, but I have been at the 20 mg/day dose for . Was just really frustrated this morning about the pain. I took it about 3 hours ago and I have about 9 hours until it peaks, so I guess I'll find out then.

Youll be 100% fine. Remember to take the lowest dose possible to help the pain, if you are trying to maintan opioids effectiveness.

30mg Hysingla and I get no pain relief after a few days on it. I have chronic pain from messed up back surgery....Lortab/Vicodin/Vicodin ER, Dilaudid, Oxy....nothing worked anymore. I have an extremely high tolerance for opiates. The only thing that even helps a little is Nucynta ER

Sad, I really had some hope for this new batch

I was on 40 and got very little relief. Doc moved me up to 80...couldn't find a pharmacy that had it in stock. Called doc they found one 45 minutes away only to go all the way there and get told ot would be $195.00. I have cigna and a savings card through McKesson. So needless to say I'll be hurting pretty good until Monday. Hang in there!

Use acetaminophen as it helps the hydrocodone to give more pain relief that's why they are formulated together not just abuse deterrent.

These pills have an outer " jacket " that impedes internal " kernel ". You can take a small pair of wire strippers and, starting around the edge, cut the approx. 1/16 inch colored coating off. Then you are left with just the hydro. I am not sure if there is any hydro in the coating, but would assume there is a little as the medicine does start working within the first couple hours. Peak hydro at 14 to 16 hours with a pill that has not been tampered with. This does still leave you with a pill that abuse RESISTANT, but just the med.

Basic dosage questions like this should be posted in BDD, I'm going to move it there. Are these Hysingla relatively new? I'd never heard of them before.

You'll be fine, can you get anything better for the pain though? I freaking hate hydrocodone for pain. Maybe it's just me but honestly naproxen sodium works better and without being addictive.

Going off on a tangent but it's so annoying that weak opiates like hydrocodone and tramadol seem to be the most commonly prescribed. If you're going to prescribe an opiate, choose one that's actually more effective than OTC nsaids or don't prescribe an opiate at all.